MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NicDB said:

It'd surprise me too if the Brewers introduced powder blue this soon.  But I have to believe that's coming sooner than later.  The color is just too popular locally.

This is true.  Half the people on Twitter and Facebook that commented on the rebrand posts said "bring back powder blue!"

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

11 hours ago, bowld said:

New Twins alternate for 2020-

spacer.png

I love the powder blue, But that script is terrible. The connecting between the 'w" and "i" is awkward. the "T" looks so drew badly.  Although I love the shoulder logo.

Dear Twins, please can you rid of that disgusting gold and bring Metrodome-era uniforms back now? Also I'm tired of too many roundels. Why don't make the shaking-hands twins logo as the primary again?

h7yvwsji2bngl8v6n0o4o3x9k.gif

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

If this is a step toward killing the gold trim and all of the borderline-illegible alternates that go along with it, count me in. 

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I love the Twins look but they basically have 5 identities. They have the white home. The red alternate looks like a spring training set. The home blue isn't very close to the powder blue other than the script.. The only 2 uniforms with some cohesiveness together are the road and road alternate. I think Nike should go all out with the powder blue/home navy identity, even if the script is wonky

I love the hand-shaking Twins, it has such an early '60s kitsch to it that's perfect for the market the same way Target Field looking kinda like a space-agey airport terminal is perfect. BUt you can't have the twins AND the state of Minnesota AND a ball AND the Twins script on the ball (to say nothing of the glaring clash between the old hand-drawn cartoons and the immaculately rendered new logo). Too much. Pick two. 

pk7vvonkkx7cbcgxgr6gt0pl2.png

I like this better but even this could probably stand to lose the baseball.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

13 hours ago, NicDB said:

It'd surprise me too if the Brewers introduced powder blue this soon.  But I have to believe that's coming sooner than later.  The color is just too popular locally.

Yeah, but they’ll “update” the powder blue by giving it a green tint or darkening it to royal blue or something.  Can’t just bring a classic back unchanged, after all.  😛 

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, but they’ll “update” the powder blue by giving it a green tint or darkening it to royal blue or something.  Can’t just bring a classic back unchanged, after all.  😛 

With a Motre Bame patch on both sleeves

10 hours ago, the admiral said:

I love the hand-shaking Twins, it has such an early '60s kitsch to it that's perfect for the market the same way Target Field looking kinda like a space-agey airport terminal is perfect. BUt you can't have the twins AND the state of Minnesota AND a ball AND the Twins script on the ball (to say nothing of the glaring clash between the old hand-drawn cartoons and the immaculately rendered new logo). Too much. Pick two. 

pk7vvonkkx7cbcgxgr6gt0pl2.png

I like this better but even this could probably stand to lose the baseball.

I feel that the script needs to be pushed up so it sits above the baseball, that way it's easier to read and it doesn't clash with the white of the baseball. Usually, red on blue trips me up, but this could be okay after my proposed changes.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

21 hours ago, tajmccall said:

Finally.  As a big Twins fan, this has always been my favorite combo.  Baby/Navy/Red SHOULD be our color scheme.  Its a great, underused combo. (St. Louis also looks great for the same reasons.)  This is probably the 2nd most popular jersey at most games I go to, and will be an absolute boon to Merch sales.  

I'd expect Nike (who has always made a lot of baby blue gear for the Twins) to push them to add it permanently.  That would be a lot with Kasota Gold, but money talks.

Why in the world should it be that?

Baby/light blue is not a twins color, nor is it for st. louis or the 10 other teams that wore them in the 70's and now bring them back to make  more $$$.

Not sure if it has been mentioned here, but on Twitter Chris confirmed that they navy blue American flag jersey will be gone for the Nats in 2020.

These are the active jerseys for the Nats.  Has a team ever had 3 jerseys of the same color before?  None of which are throwbacks.  Seems like overkill to me.  The team store doesn't even sell most of these, or at least haven't in the past, I'm not sure what the benefit is.

90758391980.gif

22 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

These are the active jerseys for the Nats.  Has a team ever had 3 jerseys of the same color before?  None of which are throwbacks.  Seems like overkill to me.  The team store doesn't even sell most of these, or at least haven't in the past, I'm not sure what the benefit is.

They can get rid of the Stars and Stripes W. That and the navy version were always super gimmicky. 

XM4KeeA.png

56 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I never realized how many versions of that state logo they have used.

j99k3cvpkhehnf9hbwjttn2f1.gif2890.gifq0hezrgfxa17thgbq0hc4qg2i.gif0r1e2z52v4sart6hpi9rdpg5j.gifh7yvwsji2bngl8v6n0o4o3x9k.gif6530392015.gif

I think the state logo is more interesting than the arched quadrilateral, but it is  bit busy.  Lose the ball but keep the team name, and it's good to go.

Drop the yellow outline on the current version and make it the primary, make the current primary the secondary.

For the uniforms drop the baby blue garbage and the gold outlined script jersey. Boom a great twins set

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I insist upon navy blue for the Twins but I really like how that one on the far left looks. Maybe they should roll with that and call it a cultivated inconsistency, I dunno.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned here, but on Twitter Chris confirmed that they navy blue American flag jersey will be gone for the Nats in 2020.

We talked about the Brewers inconsistent piping a lot lately but that new home alt not having the piping at the edge of the sleeves like all their other jerseys is bugging me like crazy...

Archived