NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

21 hours ago, M4One said:

I agree that they probably won't be changing anytime soon, but I do wish that they adjust the black jersey to match the white.

I agree with you, but only if they change the numbers to silver with a white outline. There would be too much white if not. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without the Hockey Team, there was no real purpose to demolish the almost 50yr old Civic Arena (originally built for the Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera in the mid '50s) . Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, The Who all REFUSED to play at the Civic Arena due to poor Acoustics caused by the Metal Domed roof of the Arena. With no indoor Arena (seats 20+ thousand for a concert), Pittsburgh has NO WHERE to hold a Concert during the Winter Months (unlike where you're at in Florida, it actually snows and gets bitter cold here during the winter). Without the Hockey Team to be the Main Anchor Tenet, the new Arena probably gets built anyway using what? Tax Payer Dollars but with NO Anchor tenet, what good is that building? Sprint Center in Kansas City anyone?? 

23 minutes ago, Fitzy0220 said:

So where should you actually point your Anger to? The Owner of a Hockey Team or the dirty slimy Corrupt Politicians that misuse that Revenue Generated from said Hockey Team / Multi-Purpose Arena

And here's where I have to put on my mod hat and remind you that we have a No Politics rule. That's always been "relaxed" for stadium discussions but if you're just going to use it as an excuse to vent your frustrations with local politicians? Yeah I'm shutting the discussion down. 

57 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I’m just bemused at the brain-damagedness of the ranting.

I’m also wondering if it’s reasonable to expect a North Stars homage from the Stars’ Winter Classic sweater. I hope they do.

They'll probably turn back to the Texans(?), since the Wild would be upset if they used Minnesota iconography, even if it's historically accurate. If the Wild ever play in a Winter Classic, I guarantee we'll see a North Stars throwback. 

the user formerly known as cdclt

31 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

They'll probably turn back to the Texans(?), since the Wild would be upset if they used Minnesota iconography, even if it's historically accurate. If the Wild ever play in a Winter Classic, I guarantee we'll see a North Stars throwback. 

The Wild are looking to get the 2021 Winter Classic supposedly, and it's very possible to see a North Stars throwback. Minnesota does have a lot of other hockey history to throwback to, including the short lived Minnesota Fighting Saints, St. Paul AC, the Gophers, countless classic High School teams that they could draw from. (Yes, high school hockey is that big, that mimicking a high school team would be feasible for the Wild.) If Dallas is going to throwback to the North Stars at all, I would hope it would be the era that doesn't use the N-Star, or if they have to go that far back, that it's an adapted logo that fits Dallas better...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 8/17/2019 at 11:42 AM, BelfourThibault said:

And a great example of that is the beautiful chain stitching on the Blackhawks jersey logos, which can't really translate to the print logo.

It's a pet peeve of mine that the tangible Indian Head has coppery skin but the graphic has yellowish skin.

On 8/17/2019 at 1:16 PM, Fitzy0220 said:

Tax Payer Dollars but with NO Anchor tenet, what good is that building? Sprint Center in Kansas City anyone?? 

The Sprint Center has thrived without an anchor tenant and the city has turned teams away because the handouts that would attend an anchor tenant would make the building less profitable.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

52 minutes ago, Mr. Krabs said:

According to someone on the Hurricanes reddit, their white jerseys to be unveiled Tuesday will have a diagonal nickname "CANES" across the front. 😶

In the official teasers, it's 100% confirmed that the waist warning stripe will not have any white (or light-colored) outline between the black stripe and the flags themselves. So that's one thing that's wrong, right off the bat.

It's not a good start to try to convince users that he's legit. It helps even less that he has no sources to back any of this up.

3 hours ago, Mr. Krabs said:

According to someone on the Hurricanes reddit, their white jerseys to be unveiled Tuesday will have a diagonal nickname "CANES" across the front. 😶

Why?!  Not only would it not match the home (they might as well have just kept the previous one), but then they inexplicably go with a diagonal nickname if the nickname.  Hopefully, it's just some random bs.

Then again, they are not my team, so they can go ahead and do whatever they want.  What a bunch of jerks.

Even without seeing the new one, I still think all they needed to do was take the home and make the main part white, keep striping the same. Want to add the new warning flag logo to shoulders? Cool. Otherwise it was easy and right there in front of them. Plus it’d have been a lot closer to their original jerseys than you realize. 

2 hours ago, B-mer said:

Even without seeing the new one, I still think all they needed to do was take the home and make the main part white, keep striping the same. Want to add the new warning flag logo to shoulders? Cool. Otherwise it was easy and right there in front of them. Plus it’d have been a lot closer to their original jerseys than you realize. 

That's the thing.  From the teaser, the home and roads still won't match.  Hell, they are likely going to look even more like Team Canada circa 2002.

I would actually flip the red and black.  Though, doing what you say would still work, but if you didn't know, you would think they would be more of a black team than red.

Side note: Just saw the Sabres schedule for when they plan on wearing their alternate.  How are they going to wear them against Nashville and not their expansion cousins, Canucks?  The one time a team should actually carry two sets of uniforms if they don't plan on wearing the alternates for all their games on a road trip.

4 hours ago, M4One said:

I would actually flip the red and black.  Though, doing what you say would still work, but if you didn't know, you would think they would be more of a black team than red.

The thing is, I don’t think this at all. There can be plenty of red still with the pants, numbers, letters, and gloves, plus the middle red stripe will stand out. Look here. I made this concept on NHL 04 for a “live test”.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Maybe it is just me, but it doesn’t feel unbalanced at all. The white is actually nearly identical to their original jersey even. Look at the hem stripes. 

spacer.png

If the new roads matched the homes, it would be a fantastic update to their original uniforms. 

1 hour ago, mcj882000 said:

The Flames unveiled a 40th season logo, which they'll have at centre ice this season: 

cut.jpg

It's not bad, the stripes on the left side seem out of place & unbalance it though. 🤷‍♂️

I like it...the stripes are meant to look like the striping of the red classics, if you include the outline on the 4. Pretty clever. 

No black in the anniversary logo despite black being part of the team's colors for 60% of the time is pretty telling. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm not surprised by any decisions the Hurricanes make anymore when it comes to jerseys. They are determined to be inconsistent. 

The last set drove me crazy as a fan. Pretty much nothing matches or is consistent between any of the jerseys. It looks like they picked out each uniform from three entirely different concepts.

- Zero striping consistency

- Zero design consistency

- Home jersey has no black (besides the collar and on the logo)

- Away jersey has black stripes and black numbers

- Third jersey has a completely different font than the home & away

- Home uniform has zero gray

- Away uniform has gray number outlines and that is it

- Third uniform has a decent amount of gray

- Laces on the home, without a traditional yoke

- No laces on the road, with a traditional yoke

Hurricanes11.png

T1oYViW.png

9 hours ago, B-mer said:

The thing is, I don’t think this at all. There can be plenty of red still with the pants, numbers, letters, and gloves, plus the middle red stripe will stand out. Look here. I made this concept on NHL 04 for a “live test”.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Maybe it is just me, but it doesn’t feel unbalanced at all. The white is actually nearly identical to their original jersey even. Look at the hem stripes. 

spacer.png

If the new roads matched the homes, it would be a fantastic update to their original uniforms. 

When it's just in your head, it's hard to visualize how it would look.  But, your concept shows that it would be alright, once everything is incorporated. 

And, for reason, I thought the original white had red cuffs and that's part of why I thought they needed to swap it around for the white jersey had Carolina done the right thing and make a copy of their current home.

Archived