NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

Y'know, I hate everything about the Hurricanes and would rather they exist in a place where people actually care about more than just their celebrations, but having said that this isn't that bad of a jersey. Sure, I'd really prefer a diagonal "HURRICANES" to just "CANES", but that aside I think they did a pretty good job here.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Every diagonal wordmark hockey jersey that isn't the New York Rangers would serve the planet better by being thrown into a garbage can and set on fire.

I always liked this one, although I never would have wanted it to replace the logo on the primary jerseys:

spacer.png

I would have preferred it if Carolina went with the main logo instead, and maybe even used the C flag logo as the captain's C. Otherwise, everything else is an improvement over the previous look. They have a fine line to walk when it comes to the colour balance on their uniforms. They need enough black to avoid looking like complete Red Wings knockoffs, but also don't want to use too much that they end up resembling New Jersey, Chicago, and Ottawa. I think they've done that here.

1 minute ago, spartacat_12 said:

I always liked this one, although I never would have wanted it to replace the logo on the primary jerseys:

[jersey I always hated removed for space reasons and also hatred reasons]

We would be better off if we burned every single one of these jerseys. Sure, we may lose some glaciers and coast land and our lives in the process, but it will be worth it.

The jersey itself actually does not look bad. But just like the last uniform set, this away jersey doesn't look like it belongs in the same set as the home jersey.

- Striping doesn't match

- Home jersey has no shoulder patches, away does have shoulder patches

- Home jersey has laces, away does not

- Home jersey features primary logo, away features diagonal text

There are a other things I could point out. My point is there is little consistency with the uniforms of this franchise. 

Image result for sebastian aho hurricanes

ECapmM0WwAEY61L?format=jpg&name=4096x409

T1oYViW.png

2 hours ago, msu said:

Has anyone actually looked at the Rangers white jersey recently? The Canes pull theirs off way better than that mess going on at the top of New York's jersey.

No. 

It's not a great jersey. It's not awful, either. It's a solid middle-of-the-road option and it's an improvement over the previous road jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

41 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

No. 

The Rangers have a tie up, an ugly collar, an adidas box, and a bunch of stripes all combining into a mess front and back. For such a classic team, their white jersey just looks like a junky mess on this template. This Canes jersey is much cleaner and nicer, but since they play in the South a bunch of people want to scream redneck Rangers, which is silly because the Canes even have won the Stanley Cup somewhat recently while the Rangers haven't. Hockey exists in the South. Deal with it.

Just now, msu said:

The Rangers have a tie up, an ugly collar, an adidas box, and a bunch of stripes all combining into a mess front and back. For such a classic team, their white jersey just looks like a junky mess on this template. 

The Rangers' whites are among my favourite sweaters in all of hockey. They're near-perfect, only held down by the limitations imposed on them by Adidas' template (the Adidas box, the collar). 

This Canes jersey is much cleaner and nicer, but since they play in the South a bunch of people want to scream redneck Rangers, which is silly because the Canes even have won the Stanley Cup somewhat recently while the Rangers haven't. Hockey exists in the South. Deal with it.

Oh geeze, do we have to deal with another hyper-sensitive Sunbelt fan? Look. You can take shots at every team. Pick any team in the league, I guarantee you can find at least one thing everyone else :censored:s on them for. I'm a Leafs fan. I have to deal with "you haven't won anything since 1967 lol!" 

And you know what? That's fine! That's part of sports. If I can somehow manage to survive those jokes I'm sure you and the rest of the Hurricanes faithful can survive jokes about them looking like the Redneck Rangers. Especially when they invite the comparison. 

In all the years the Carolina Hurricanes have been a thing, they've been maybe 25% of the way toward a unique identity.  The squares, the flag logo, the name, that stuff all has value, but the color scheme has never really panned out into anything special. 

The Red Wings, Blackhawks, and Devils all kind of have a monopoly on predominantly red elite uniforms (the Devils have kind of screwed that up by changing the shoulders), and the Hurricanes are barely treading water above the Flames and Sens in the pool of lost and uninspired red-and-black NHL identities.  This road set is a step backwards in that plight.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

14 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Rangers' whites are among my favourite sweaters in all of hockey. They're near-perfect, only held down by the limitations imposed on them by Adidas' template (the Adidas box, the collar). 

Oh geeze, do we have to deal with another hyper-sensitive Sunbelt fan? Look. You can take shots at every team. Pick any team in the league, I guarantee you can find at least one thing everyone else :censored:s on them for. I'm a Leafs fan. I have to deal with "you haven't won anything since 1967 lol!" 

And you know what? That's fine! That's part of sports. If I can somehow manage to survive those jokes I'm sure you and the rest of the Hurricanes faithful can survive jokes about them looking like the Redneck Rangers. Especially when they invite the comparison. 

I'm hypersensitive? This forum bans speech about Native American mascots. Yet calling the South rednecks is OK. Why is that?

Look, the jersey is... fine. The thing that sucks about it is the “Canes” thing going on. It makes it look kinda cheap. If you’re going to do this, go “Carolina” or “Hurricanes.” You’re now in “BOLTS” and “SNES” territory, and that’s not the place to be.

The jerseys would be upgraded to good if they had just used a logo on the front, or if the stripes matched the stripes of either of the other two jerseys (preferably the home, of course).

So now, they get to be called the Redneck  Rangers here, and it has nothing to do with team histories, but the jersey design and you’ll have to deal with it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived