1991

Patriotic uniforms

Recommended Posts

John Curtis HS Patriots don鈥檛 have bad unis.聽

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I鈥檓 a Curtis alum and it鈥檚 great to see our unis on here as I鈥檓 scrolling through!聽I鈥檒l try to post some pictures later on of what we wore back in the 2000鈥檚. The flag in the logo on the helmet was a recent addition a year or two ago.聽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Olmec said:

It took only two replies. Impressive, y'all really need to loosen up

Or we could think of new, alternative聽ways to communicate 鈥減atriotism鈥澛爐hat don鈥檛 involve disrespecting and/or appropriating our聽nation鈥檚 symbol in the name of commerce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 10:55 PM, Quillz said:

Does the UK have teams wearing patriotic Union Jack uniforms?

Not the best of pictures, but it was over 125 years ago...

DcnjKyD.gif

Chesterfield Town sporting Union Jack jerseys.聽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

Or we could think of new, alternative聽ways to communicate 鈥減atriotism鈥澛爐hat don鈥檛 involve disrespecting and/or appropriating our聽nation鈥檚 symbol in the name of commerce.

Or you could just share pics of your favorite patriotic uniforms and leave that other nonsense at the door

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Olmec said:

Or you could just share pics of your favorite patriotic uniforms and leave that other nonsense at the door

First the NHL thread, now this. Andrewharrington just can't avoid being unfairly maligned, no matter where he posts. Might catch Colorwerx's record at this rate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Olmec said:

Or you could just share pics of your favorite patriotic uniforms and leave that other nonsense at the door

I could. I just don鈥檛 like settling.

Since you asked, though, I think they鈥檙e best when they celebrate specific people or stories relevant to the school and/or region. The service academies are typically great at this. LSU had a good one this year. The recent crops from Arizona St., Texas聽A&M, Mississippi聽St., and Kansas have been nice as well. Basically, if it has Stars and stripes聽on it, it鈥檚 probably trite, contrived, or both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 11:55 PM, Quillz said:

Does the UK have teams wearing patriotic Union Jack uniforms?

Maybe is not a regular team and I'm not even sure how we should categorize it, but 2012 Olympics Team GB wore this:

giggs.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Maybe is not a regular team and I'm not even sure how we should categorize it, but 2012 Olympics Team GB wore this:

giggs.jpg

Olympic teams across the board wore that design for Team GB. But it works especially well for soccer.聽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rangers wore this shirt a couple of years back. Was right around the time of the Scottish indipendence referendum聽spacer.png

that鈥檚 probably the closest we鈥檝e ever got to seeing the Union Jack on a club shirt. A couple of teams in Spain used to do Spanish flag trimmed kits for European competition but that seems聽the most a flags been seen on a sporting uniform outside the US

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is suppose there鈥檚 also these FC Barca uniforms, but depending on where you stand, they聽might not be considered patriotic. If you鈥檙e non-Catalan Spanish, these might regionalistic at best or separatist at worst.

_98097647_barca.jpg

1280px-Flag_of_Catalonia.svg.png

1280px-Estelada_blava.svg.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2019 at 1:09 AM, Mingjai said:

Is suppose there鈥檚 also these FC Barca uniforms, but depending on where you stand, they聽might not be considered patriotic. If you鈥檙e non-Catalan Spanish, these might regionalistic at best or separatist at worst.

_98097647_barca.jpg

1280px-Flag_of_Catalonia.svg.png

1280px-Estelada_blava.svg.png

Any team from the autonomous regions, Basque Country and Catalunya, routinely place their flags somewhere on the jerseys.聽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 5:41 PM, M4One said:

spacer.png

Ummmm...what are we looking for that's patriotic here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Ummmm...what are we looking for that's patriotic here?

The flags on the shoulders...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Ummmm...what are we looking for that's patriotic here?

The Canadian and Albertan flags on the shoulders I'm assuming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Ummmm...what are we looking for that's patriotic here?

As others have pointed out, the flags on the shoulder.聽 The primary colours are also black and red, Canada's national colours.聽聽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.