Patriotic uniforms

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m a Curtis alum and it’s great to see our unis on here as I’m scrolling through! I’ll try to post some pictures later on of what we wore back in the 2000’s. The flag in the logo on the helmet was a recent addition a year or two ago. 

12 hours ago, Olmec said:

It took only two replies. Impressive, y'all really need to loosen up

Or we could think of new, alternative ways to communicate “patriotism” that don’t involve disrespecting and/or appropriating our nation’s symbol in the name of commerce.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 3/19/2019 at 10:55 PM, Quillz said:

Does the UK have teams wearing patriotic Union Jack uniforms?

Not the best of pictures, but it was over 125 years ago...

DcnjKyD.gif

Chesterfield Town sporting Union Jack jerseys. 

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

Or we could think of new, alternative ways to communicate “patriotism” that don’t involve disrespecting and/or appropriating our nation’s symbol in the name of commerce.

Or you could just share pics of your favorite patriotic uniforms and leave that other nonsense at the door

4 hours ago, Olmec said:

Or you could just share pics of your favorite patriotic uniforms and leave that other nonsense at the door

First the NHL thread, now this. Andrewharrington just can't avoid being unfairly maligned, no matter where he posts. Might catch Colorwerx's record at this rate!

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

4 hours ago, Olmec said:

I could. I just don’t like settling.

Since you asked, though, I think they’re best when they celebrate specific people or stories relevant to the school and/or region. The service academies are typically great at this. LSU had a good one this year. The recent crops from Arizona St., Texas A&M, Mississippi St., and Kansas have been nice as well. Basically, if it has Stars and stripes on it, it’s probably trite, contrived, or both.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 3/19/2019 at 11:55 PM, Quillz said:

Does the UK have teams wearing patriotic Union Jack uniforms?

Maybe is not a regular team and I'm not even sure how we should categorize it, but 2012 Olympics Team GB wore this:

giggs.jpg

4r2eer.png

23 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Maybe is not a regular team and I'm not even sure how we should categorize it, but 2012 Olympics Team GB wore this:

giggs.jpg

Olympic teams across the board wore that design for Team GB. But it works especially well for soccer. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Rangers wore this shirt a couple of years back. Was right around the time of the Scottish indipendence referendum spacer.png

that’s probably the closest we’ve ever got to seeing the Union Jack on a club shirt. A couple of teams in Spain used to do Spanish flag trimmed kits for European competition but that seems the most a flags been seen on a sporting uniform outside the US

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Is suppose there’s also these FC Barca uniforms, but depending on where you stand, they might not be considered patriotic. If you’re non-Catalan Spanish, these might regionalistic at best or separatist at worst.

_98097647_barca.jpg

1280px-Flag_of_Catalonia.svg.png

1280px-Estelada_blava.svg.png

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

On 3/23/2019 at 1:09 AM, Mingjai said:

Is suppose there’s also these FC Barca uniforms, but depending on where you stand, they might not be considered patriotic. If you’re non-Catalan Spanish, these might regionalistic at best or separatist at worst.

_98097647_barca.jpg

1280px-Flag_of_Catalonia.svg.png

1280px-Estelada_blava.svg.png

Any team from the autonomous regions, Basque Country and Catalunya, routinely place their flags somewhere on the jerseys. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Ummmm...what are we looking for that's patriotic here?

The flags on the shoulders...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Ummmm...what are we looking for that's patriotic here?

As others have pointed out, the flags on the shoulder.  The primary colours are also black and red, Canada's national colours.  

Archived