New York Jets unveil new uniforms

2 minutes ago, JD1500 said:

So was the "NY" completely dropped from the design or will they be the first team in the league with a tasteful hamstring patch?  Seems like the "NY" would have worked above the numbers on the chest instead of spelling out "New York".

The NY would also have been better on the helmets than the soft arc of JETS plus football.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jgiff17 said:

The fact that the limelight Oregon’s crap isn’t there is great. The college looking New York on the front is a little much as well as the first football on the helmet. The problem I have with Jersey shoulder stripes like this and the Chargers is that it usually doesn’t look like it should on everyone like the dude all the way to the left. Now hopefully everyone gets their jersey custom fitted to make this go away but the Chargers jerseys still look like trash because of the stripe placement. Not all in for the black jersey but the color of green and the green helmet is nice. 

I hope they all end up looking more like Anderson's stripe and not Adams's. I think it looks 10x cleaner going across the arm instead of over the shoulder IMO

I actually like the uniform.  It appears to be a mash of early 90's black from the coslet era unis, kelly green helmets and uniforms from the 80's and a modernized version of the namath logo from his era on the helmet sans the oval shape.  The only thing I don't like is the black alternate and the "new york" above the numbers.  Other than that this is much better than I expected.  

These threads move fast so apologies if this point has been made, but if that's the set it looks great. But it won't look as great when they go all white or all green, which is almost guaranteed to happen (for some reason).

That's a really terrific shade of green that we so seldom see in American sports; not really since the 90s Jets and the Mavs and T-Wolves briefly in the NBA.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

IF these are legit, I'm pleasantly surprised. I think it would've made sense to put the triangle underneath the team name on the helmet, rather than the football. It would also have made sense to bring back the Concorde silhouette script. But in terms of colors and styling, I can't fault these at all. Glossy Kelly green helmet looks fantastic...although I can't help wondering if there's some sort of gradient effect there, as it looks darker in the middle. Shade of green is brighter than on the draft caps, but close enough to be explained by difference in materials. Shoulder striping is sharp. The triangular pant stripe works for them. These are brighter and more full of motion than what they've been wearing. Much more fitting for a team called Jets. With Darnold et al., they anticipate being an exciting team to watch in the near future, and these uniforms can absolutely be those of an exciting, optimistic young team.

Jamal Adams on Instagram says those aren't the jerseys but the Jets writer for The Athletic says he has been told those are the jerseys.

Also, it's been brought up elsewhere there's a suspicious lack of Bell. I'm surprised to see that the Jets premier FA signing isn't part of the reveal, though these pictures could have been taken before he was signed.

IbjBaeE.png

3 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

The NY would also have been better on the helmets than the soft arc of JETS plus football.

Agreed, but the Jets are contractually obligated to have "Jets" spelled out on their helmet in some fashion.  Too bad they couldn't come up with some sort of "Jets" logo that repeats in perpetuity a la the helmeted Dolphin. 

I don't think this is fake as in put-together-by-trolling-fan fake, but I think it's at least possible the Jets put this together earlier in the process, and we'll see something  slightly different tomorrow. The details seem Photoshopped. I know that in the Vikings' redesign process, they took pictures of Adrian Peterson in a blank uniform and tried out designs over that image.

2 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Jamal Adams on Instagram says those aren't the jerseys but the Jets writer for The Athletic says he has been told those are the jerseys.

Also, it's been brought up elsewhere there's a suspicious lack of Bell. I'm surprised to see that the Jets premier FA signing isn't part of the reveal, though these pictures could have been taken before he was signed.

Okay, if Jamal says they aren't legit that makes me a little suspicious.

2 hours ago, LeveonTheJet said:

Soo thoughts on this potential "Leak"? I think it's a bit reserved but definitely an 'evolution' of their look. Only thing I don't like is that logo on the helmet.4xm6o5g6u1q21.jpg

I can live with this. It's like an "evolved" version of their kelly green look to me. Only gripe is the points. I'd much prefer solid stripes.

8 minutes ago, LeveonTheJet said:

I hope they all end up looking more like Anderson's stripe and not Adams's. I think it looks 10x cleaner going across the arm instead of over the shoulder IMO

I don’t have a preference just would like consistency. Either way this is better than other teams Nike has done and better than the worn out throwback look they’ve had 

54 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Who would go to the trouble of faking this? It would be an insane amount of Photoshop work with zero incentive to do it. 

Hi there, welcome to the CCSLC, a community for people who do literally what you just described all the time for fun.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 minute ago, Lafarge said:

Hi there, welcome to the CCSLC, a community for people who do literally what you just described all the time for fun.

Slight difference in effort between whipping together a concept and photoshopping real-life Jets players into poses they've never been photographed in, then making sure the lighting on all your fake helmets matches perfectly. 

Archived