New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

If I remember right they had their-now current uniforms they wore for the last Reebok year before the Nike switch

spacer.png

That explains why I like them.  I generally haven’t liked anything that Nike has done in the NFL.   The Vikings being the lone exception.  

2 hours ago, JD1500 said:

So was the "NY" completely dropped from the design or will they be the first team in the league with a tasteful hamstring patch?  Seems like the "NY" would have worked above the numbers on the chest instead of spelling out "New York".

I agree, but I can see why they did it this way.  They'll sell a lot more of these because they say New York.  And I kind of feel like this is the Jets asserting their place as a New York team.  IDK about anyone else, but I always thought of "New York" as the Giants where the Jets were always just "the Jets." No doubt, the Giants history of wearing the "ny" on their helmet has influenced this.  But now they have the entire name front and center on their uniforms.

2 hours ago, jeezuschristiii said:

What do you guys think of what looks like black outlines on the numbers? 

I don't like it.  It's unnecessary and feels shoehorned in to to try and justify the black alts.

But it's also not too terribly obtrusive and they so much else right here that I'm not gonna fixate on it.

3 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

I always thought double stripes was a staple for the jets and hoped they would have remained, but updated. On another note the black facemask will look bad, white is the better option.

I would prefer green over anything. Same-color facemasks are overlooked and underrated in my book.

17 minutes ago, Lucas718 said:

That explains why I like them.  I generally haven’t liked anything that Nike has done in the NFL.   The Vikings being the lone exception.  

I could make better uniforms after a blast of crack like come on you need to do better nike

Norfolk,VA Philadelphia,PA VMD,(Virginia Maryland DC)

11 minutes ago, NicDB said:

I agree, but I can see why they did it this way.  They'll sell a lot more of these because they say New York.  And I kind of feel like this is the Jets asserting their place as a New York team.  IDK about anyone else, but I always thought of "New York" as the Giants where the Jets were always just "the Jets." No doubt, the Giants history of wearing the "ny" on their helmet has influenced this.  But now they have the entire name front and center on their uniforms.

That's an interesting perspective.  I'm always intrigued by how the multiple NY teams in sports are perceived by non-New Yorkers.  The fact that the Jets have never really had their own home sort of speaks to your point in a roundabout way.

57 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

I dont understand why people think gray facemask counts as team color. Niners use gray facemask but are clearly red gold white black team.

Gray facemask is the one exception because teams who use a gray facemask are generally either throwing back to a look (colts, now previous jets, giants, niners...) or still wearing same old look (raiders).

The Cowboys, Giants, Lions, Raiders, and Titans use gray properly because they use gray/silver in the color scheme. The 49ers, Bills, Cardinals, and Colts however do not use gray properly, thus it needs to be a team color to make the case to wear it. Otherwise it comes across as a peewee mask and the teams look cheap wearing them. 

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, JD1500 said:

That's an interesting perspective.  I'm always intrigued by how the multiple NY teams in sports are perceived by non-New Yorkers.  The fact that the Jets have never really had their own home sort of speaks to your point in a roundabout way.

I know what you mean.  I dated a girl from New York for awhile and learned that my perceptions didn't always line up with reality.  Probably the biggest mind-blower was that Brooklyn skewed a lot more towards the Yankees than I expected, despite hosting a Mets farm club and the Mets being intended as a replacement for the Dodgers (and Giants).

As far as the Jets, I usually associate them with a similar footprint as the Mets (Queens/Long Island, with smatterings of the other boroughs and New Jersey).  And I tended to assume that if someone was a Mets fan, then they also liked the Jets.  But I learned that wasn't always the case either.  No doubt moving out of Shea well over a generation ago has much to do with that.

13 minutes ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

Honestly, I would prefer the crazy absurd leak that came out before...again, would you would rather die by knife to the heart, or head cut off? You're still gonna die. spacer.png

These with the new helmet, and the Kelly green would have be nice

9 minutes ago, nuordr said:

The Cowboys, Giants, Lions, Raiders, and Titans use gray properly because they use gray/silver in the color scheme. The 49ers, Bills, Cardinals, and Colts however do not use gray properly, thus it needs to be a team color to make the case to wear it. Otherwise it comes across as a peewee mask and the teams look cheap wearing them. 

That's just an asinine take. Your right to think that way,  but asinine none the less. The only team I can sort of agree with you is the Cardinals. The only reason being is their dumbass decision to continue the use of a gray facemask with an ugly modern template uniform.

If they switched back to the previous look they would fit just right.

12 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

That's just an asinine take. Your right to think that way,  but asinine none the less. The only team I can sort of agree with you is the Cardinals. The only reason being is their dumbass decision to continue the use of a gray facemask with an ugly modern template uniform.

If they switched back to the previous look they would fit just right.

I don't think grey is a team color for the Giants. 

Yes they employ grey pants (some of the time). However, I think its become more a neutral backdrop based on the use of grey britches in the 40's, 50's, and 60's. I think its more akin to the when the Packers wear khaki colored pants with their throwback looks. Which makes sense with the overall retro approach to the design. 

Again its about maintaining a retro look, just like wearing black cleats. 

32 minutes ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

Honestly, I would prefer the crazy absurd leak that came out before...again, would you would rather die by knife to the heart, or head cut off? You're still gonna die. spacer.png

These are jerseys that would look soooo bad on the big uglies in the trenches. A smart uniform design needs to look good on the super fit guys as well as the bulls on the offensive line

32 minutes ago, nuordr said:

I'm going to take this opportunity to once again post basic rules for when it's ok for team to have a gray facemask.  There are 3 instances in which it works;

1. If the team has gray or silver in their color scheme.

2. If the team is wearing an older design or a new design that mimics an old-time football feel.

3. If the team plays football.

Other than that, gray masks should be avoided.

Archived