2019 MLB Postseason thread

TrueYankee26

3 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Damn choking dog Nationals. 

In all seriousness, great for the Nats. I kinda think Rendon should’ve won MVP, though. Strasburg isn’t a bad choice by any measure, but Rendon was an absolute monster this series. 

If there was a way Strasburg, Rendon AND Kendrick could share MVP honors, that would be even sweeter.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Most of all I'm happy to see the loathsome Astros organization not win. Go have a dozen MBAs break down the tape of a guy who's not Gerrit Cole giving up the winning runs.

Osuna, Mr. Domestic Violence, needs to become boathouse soup, following the full brutal Corll experience.

That's the one LPOTL series I can't bring myself to listen to again. I can handle Albert Fish and Children of God just fine, but Dean Corll gets to me.

Wild finish, Washington. I had them losing every playoff series they were in, including the Wild Card. I would not have thought of them as World Series champions at the start of the season. Most "experts" had them finishing behind Philadelphia and Atlanta in the division. This is nuts.

I missed the Capitals parade last year... I might be able to attend this one!

What a crazy series. Congrats to the Nats, what a run. So memorable and fun. 

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

The arrogance of the Astro organization and it's fan base has been out of control for weeks here.  Many thought it would be a laughable sweep and I actually saw Championship shirts for sale HOURS before game seven started.  Guess they can cancel that parade.

newsig.jpg

5 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Unless they have an Irish born player, no way they can outdo a drunk Rusky.  

Don't you hate it when you hear that white people have no culture? We do! It's drinking absurdly huge amounts of alcohol until we throw up, fall on the floor, our dicks don't work, and we otherwise debase ourselves like a bunch of animals. That's all ours. Asians don't get this drunk, blacks won't get this drunk, Native Americans can but it doesn't take them nearly as much and that one's our fault anyway. Don't just celebrate that championship, celebrate our enzymes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not sure I get all the “lol Bryce Harper”. He was offered at least $30M more by another team, with better terms. It’s not like he said “screw you” Washington (though his wife did later in the season after Nationals fans were yelling stuff about his newborn and referencing him by name). 

Hard to blame a guy for taking the best deal for himself, especially when the difference is at least 10% (if you believe that WAS even offered 300M.  )

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Not sure I get all the “lol Bryce Harper”. He was offered at least $30M more by another team, with better terms. It’s not like he said “screw you” Washington (though his wife did later in the season after Nationals fans were yelling stuff about his newborn and referencing him by name). 

Hard to blame a guy for taking the best deal for himself, especially when the difference is at least 10% (if you believe that WAS even offered 300M.  )

I doubt that they did offer that much but hey, the Nationals fans needed a villain. 

One dude I’m real happy for is Ryan Zimmerman. Endured all the crappy Nats years and then all the classic D.C. choking. Honestly that whole team is likable. Good for all of ‘em, Scherzer, Strasburg, Rendon, Kendrick, and more all deserved rings. 

Got a lot of Caps vibes from the Nats this year - they just looked like “the team” all along after finally getting over the hump. I’m an O’s fan through and through but I can’t help be happy for our Beltway brothers. 

Plus Juan Soto rules. 

spacer.png

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

Asians don't get this drunk,

Counterpoint: X Japan - guys who could drink most American or British rockers under the table (without the aid of cocaine)!

spacer.png

Also, alcoholism in East Asia is pretty rampant in places. They’re good at drinking, it’s just that it’s more “hush-hush” than white folk boozing.

Archived