Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

5 hours ago, JayMac said:

They shouldn't revert to questionable trends from 10-20 years ago, either.

How are they reverting to a trend?  It's literally one jersey, they may wear once a year, and it could be phased out liked they did the black jersey from the previous set. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, L10nheart404 said:

How are they reverting to a trend?  It's literally one jersey, they may wear once a year, and it could be phased out liked they did the black jersey from the previous set. 

Ignoring the gradient, side panels are one of the hallmarks of late 90s early 2000s design trends.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

5 minutes ago, Sport said:

Finally put my finger on what these uniforms are. The white and black looks, at least. 

They're these. Forgettable, generically modern uniforms.

[Removed Jags photos]

the difference is the Falcons number font is much worse (I actually kind of liked that Jags font) and their needless helmet treatment is more visually obtrusive than what the Jags did there. 

I'm old so the Jaguars still feel "new," and it's wild how many different looks the team has had. Especially since the Panthers and Ravens have been basically consistent since their inceptions.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The red gradient jersey and red pants are not only dumpster fires, they are an entire train of flaming garbage careening off a cliff.

If we were to exclude those elements from the rest of the set, these would get a C- grade from me. Some promising elements, and a fairly decent base design brought down by Nike's need to go several steps too far as usual. Although this time they went even further with a whole menagerie of trends.

I'm not sure how much I should let the alt bring down the grade of the whole set. It's just so horrendous on its own, but i can't give the whole set an F just because of the gradient alt and completely out of place red pants.

spacer.png

Based on the full reveal I'm a bit less into these, my thoughts:

• These are flawed but mostly fine, despite the hyperbolic reactions we're so used to here. I do not believe this is objectively ugly or some obnoxious mess.
  • ATL works for Atlanta, no problem with adding it to the chest.
  • Red pants are dumb since it seemed like they were using the gradient to keep the pants and side stripe consistent. Now I'm afraid it's a given that they will use bad combos and ruin the set's potential. 

I was like "eh, sure" when I saw them originally. I think that's been bumped slightly down to "okay I guess." Still not offended, but I'm also not an Falcons fan.

All they had to do was take the nice elements that they created and put them together like a proper football uniform. Seems like every third team that unveils under Nike has good elements that are absolutely run into the ground by execution. 

If they unveiled these, no one would mind:

AWAY

spacer.png

AWAY ALT

AahAeGf.png

HOME

X1JCAnU.png

Use the red ones as kindling during winter games

18 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'm old so the Jaguars still feel "new," and it's wild how many different looks the team has had. Especially since the Panthers and Ravens have been basically consistent since their inceptions.

and worst of all, they got it right on their first two shots and have been missing ever since*

*I don't mind the super simple current look, especially after the Bortles unis/helmet, but jeez you're almost there. At this point, just go back to the Brunell uniforms. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

The biggest problem I have with the gradient jersey (aside from the idea, concept, execution, and the fact that at least like 10 people must have signed off on that) is that it doesn't work: the black gradients nicely enough into the red but then the helmet immediately snaps back to black, ruining the whole damn thing all over again. A red helmet would actually make that set look decent enough for me to not vomit at the sight of it, but putting gradients on jerseys is dumb and the Falcons clearly are about 20 years behind the times here.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Archived