Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

I figured as much...those are the super-zise numbers, like Oregon's jerseys.  Gah.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy jesus...this means I'll have to see these jerseys w/ giant numbers at the highschool level too. Hope they can keep the gradient look out. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

32 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

The facemask change is the one thing that’s bugging me out the most about this whole look. Just, why? It’s such an absolutely unnecessary change.

It doesn’t match anything in their set other than the silver that’s in the logo, and that was basically never an issue people had with the last set. It’s essentially the same mask the Bucs had but just ditched. It’s ugly as all hell and I’m annoyed it found a way back into the league less than a day after it was eliminated. 

Same.  They shoehorned the silver in and then didn't bother to use it throughout the rest of the uniform, like where it would look best, the pants.

IUe6Hvh.png

42 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I’ll be honest, it really did look like chrome from some angles and lighting to me. It was an easy mistake for me to make, and I’m sure it was for others. I don’t think anyone was trying to “mislabel” anything; personally I simply just said what I thought I saw.

I can see now that it isn’t true chrome, but I still don’t like the true finish as-is either. Chrome or not, it still looks very out of place compared to the rest of the uniform and looks like it’s only there to be trendy. That might be some people’s cup of tea, and that’s fine, but it’s really not mine. 

Honestly..was just responding to a few things I kept seeing, no one specifically. But like I said, I'm totally fine with people saying they don't like them. But some of these things are relevant. There's a huge chrome Falcon and soccer ball outside of Mercedes Benz stadium, and that's the influence for the metallic bird, and facemask. I really think these will look so much better when in game action.

I remember watching the AFC Divisional Game last season and they had a Ryan Tannehill graphic with just a front view of the uniform and it looked great. It didn’t show the armpit panels or the pants stripe. Closest thing I could find was this from the unveiling:

spacer.png

You look at a photo from the Falcons unveiling and it’s essentially the same deal:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Here’s a look at the helmet and jersey in normal lighting conditions outside of a studio, which I think is always good to accurately judge a new uniform.

The daylight makes it soooooooooo much worse. I could almost live with the ATL if it wasn't the size of a local walmart and sitting right on top of the numbers.kid fury gay GIF

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Yeah ATL is one of the abbreviations I'll give a pass to, but it's just to goddam big, and clearly there just so they can use something like "get your jersey and rep the A T L" in their marketing. 

The ATL and front number are so big, it almost looks like the front is the back of the jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

I don't find these fire emoji at all.

4 hours ago, Echo said:

I disagree.

4tgbnUr.gif4tgbnUr.gif4tgbnUr.gif

Did somebody say fire?

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

These have grown on me more and more throughout the day. 

I wanted something that tied into the Falcons logo and edgier, bolder feelings you get from Mercedes Benz Stadium (which in itself is a big part of the team brand), instead of the boring, curvy, generic Reebok uniforms that never felt right. 

While these are OUT THERE, they are very specifically Atlanta. Love the ATL mark. I don't mind the big numbers. I think as long as they wear the right combinations these will look clean, outside of the failed alternate uniform. 

I like them.

The number font is the biggest miss imo.. the previous font was fantastic and professional looking, and the new font is comically bad.. overall, not the direction I would've gone, and they're definitely not good, but they could've been MUCH worse

Archived