Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

I don't get why people have a problem with side panels. Looking like an Arena team is not a valid criticism. All that matters to me is whether or not a uniform is well designed and fits the team. For example, I think the side panels on these uniforms are fine. The Bengals' side panels are messy.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Surely an unpopular opinion, but I ... um... actually love the Falcons' new uniforms. The satin black helmet with a silver facemask is fantastic, and they're pretty clean aside from the red-to-black gradient set (the same can not be said about the previous set). 

I pointed this out on Twitter, as well, but the black jersey with white pants just feels like a natural, modernized progression of the throwback jersey. I can’t justify the gradient, but at least they’ll only wear it from time to time.

Unis had potential but the numbers and big "ATL" just look goofy.

3 minutes ago, JB-the-Hunter said:

I don't get why people have a problem with side panels. Looking like an Arena team is not a valid criticism. All that matters to me is whether or not a uniform is well designed and fits the team. For example, I think the side panels on these uniforms are fine. The Bengals' side panels are messy.

I think the main issue is that they tend to look sloppy in most instances.. 

One reason is simply due to the alignment and potential misalignment with a matching pants stripe.. if they become misaligned, it can look bad..

Also, it can often look overly designed and poorly executed.. the Patriots trying to tie a misguided side panel into a bad/phantom pants stripe is a horrible look, and the reverse on the home uniform is almost as bad.. 

and the overdesigned mess that the Vikings (had) and bengals have going on are problems that negatively affect the look of the pants solely due to the existence of the side panel, and trying to tie the side panel into the pants stripe.. side panels aren’t necessarily inherently bad, but there are a number of ways and reasons they lead to bad design.. it’s almost always better to just steer clear of them

I'm curious how the big numbers and ATL will translate to the replica jerseys. I imagine they'll be scaled a little bit better to fit smaller people without pads and/or big fat party animals.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Wow these new Falcons uniforms are God awful.

They took some of the worst design elements from the Browns (city wordmark), Jaguars (gradient), and  Buccaneers (shiny silver facemask) over the last several years.

The only good to come out of this reveal is the throwback.

5 hours ago, simtek34 said:

spacer.png

I haven't seen anyone mention the vertical sock stripe that didn't seem to make the final version.  I actually think it could improve the yoga pants look.  (and it's reminding me of those nike hockey socks from years back... that idea didn't last long!)

Oversized team name/cities have no business being on an NFL uniform. It immediately makes the jersey look like it belongs to a college or high school team. And I say this as someone who like small wordmarks on jerseys like many teams started doing in the 2000s. 

The black and white jerseys aren't terrible if worn with the right pants/socks combos, but they won't be, it'll be mono black, mono white or black pants/socks with the white jersey. The so the only salvageable look will be BWB which they'll wear maybe once a year.

The red pants are completely unnecessary, as is enlarging the helmet logo. They even ruined the throwback with matte (satin?) helmet.

I don't even want to talk about the gradient jersey those need to be set fire too immediately.

I always felt NFL numbers were pretty standard, size wise. Will this lead to other teams following suit?

Ive been a huge critic of UA going with smaller than usual numbers. These feel like 2018 Oregon big, which Nike and OU fixed last year.  NFL numbers seemed perfect across the board. 

It’s as if these were in development for 3-4 years and they never derailed older trends that fell off. 

Just like with Miami dolphins, their throwback set should be their primary from the get go. 

7 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/GrimyHighFish' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen width='640' height='684'></iframe><p> <a href="https://gfycat.com/grimyhighfish">via Gfycat</a></p>

Wow, that gif is actually really high quality!

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

21 minutes ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

Wow these new Falcons uniforms are God awful.

They took some of the worst design elements from the Browns (city wordmark), Jaguars (gradient), and  Buccaneers (shiny silver facemask) over the last several years.

The only good to come out of this reveal is the throwback.

They took the worst elements, put them in a blender and tried to shine it it when it came out the other end.  The longer I have to digest what they've done, the bigger the fail becomes.  

3 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

The people on this board who believe every helmet should have a gray facemask must be conflicted in that these are, in fact, a shade of gray but are more modern than the traditional flat paint job. 

The facemask is far less egregious than the dumb satin helmet finish. 

2 hours ago, justen said:

Not a fan of airport / city 3 letter representation of teams. 

Too bad the NFL doesn't have a team in Toronto. Love to see a jersey with a big YYZ in front!! 😜

Archived