Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Were fans really clamoring for black home jerseys?  Based on the fans on this thread, I thought that red - either helmet, jersey, or both - was really popular.

Not necessarily, but the players apparently were. Based on the video, the players' preferences seemed to have guided this design process. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Were fans really clamoring for black home jerseys?  Based on the fans on this thread, I thought that red - either helmet, jersey, or both - was really popular.

I think it’s a case of fans clamoring for whichever isn’t the primary. They wanted red elevated shortly after the last rebrand because it had gone 13 seasons without being primary. And now 16 years after that decision, the fans get black back. It’ll surely go back to red as the primary whenever they rebrand next.

2 hours ago, mmajeski06 said:

Throwbacks look great. I don't hate the white set. 

That's where we are with most sports uniform design in 2020. The throwback element is usually the best part of any new uniform set.

Not surprised the Falcons came up with this crap. They're better than the last set. Low bar to cross, and that's about the best you can say about it.

Shadowed numbers? Gradients? Side jersey stripes? Really?

I'm also ready for the matte helmet fascination to go away in all sports.

13 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Surely an unpopulr opinion, but I ... um... actually love the Falcons' new uniforms. The satin black helmet with a silver facemask is fantastic, and they're pretty clean aside from the red-to-black gradient set (the same can not be said about the previous set). 

I pointed this out on Twitter, as well, but the black jersey with white pants just feels like a natural, modernized progression of the throwback jersey. I can’t justify the gradient, but at least they’ll only wear it from time to time.

I'm right there with you. I think they look great and represent a much-needed simplification of the 2003-2019 set. Yes, the gradient is a little hokey, but I think it looks cool. And I think "looking cool" is a fine justification for a sports uniform.

I also made my peace with monochrome ages ago, so it doesn't bother me anymore. Plus, I like that they created options for white over black or red, which is something they went away from with their last set that I never thought they should have.

The Bucs succeeded by going back to something people loved. The Falcons have succeeded by modernizing an overstuffed look that had become stale. I think it's great and I look forward to seeing it on the field if football ever happens again.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

39 minutes ago, Beer Barrel Man said:

spacer.png

All the Falcons had to do was base their new set off their throwback on the right and they would have had a winner on hand here, but nah. Let's get Nike with it. 

Mission failed

See you in five years. 

God these executives are stupid. They make money IN SPITE of themselves

Black helmet, black jersey, red pants could work if they had variations of those with white stripes on the jerseys and pants. The black helmet, white jersey with red stripe and red pants with black stripe looks painfully incongruous. NOTHING in the set has a black stripe to match the red pants, so unless they are going to pull a Broncos this is going to annoy for years. 

1 minute ago, AndrewMLind said:

I think it’s a case of fans clamoring for whichever isn’t the primary. They wanted red elevated shortly after the last rebrand because it had gone 13 seasons without being primary. And now 16 years after that decision, the fans get black back. It’ll surely go back to red as the primary whenever they rebrand next.

I think that's right. The red was a novelty for a long time and it looked really cool, especially when it was over black pants:

red_black_3.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Plus, I like that they created options for white over black or red, which is something they went away from with their last set that I never thought they should have.

The side panel on the red pants doesn’t match with any jersey’s side panel. It’s technically an option, yes, but a terribly mismatched one no matter where you use it. I’m not granting them any kudos for that.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Not necessarily, but the players apparently were. Based on the video, the players' preferences seemed to have guided this design process. 

That explains a lot as to why this is such a cluster.

2 minutes ago, Lucas718 said:

Is it just me or does it look like there are 2 sets of black pants?  The guy in the middle looks like there's red & white stripes, but the other two in black pants look like just a red stripe.  

I thought the same at first but looking at it on my computer instead of my phone I think it is the lighting. 

50 minutes ago, Beer Barrel Man said:

spacer.png

All the Falcons had to do was base their new set off their throwback on the right and they would have had a winner on hand here, but nah. Let's get Nike with it. 

Mission failed

See you in five years. 

Here ya go!! We can all dream, right?

falc1212r.jpg

2 minutes ago, O.C.D said:

They could have picked 20 guys on this board alone that would have done a better job. They wouldn't have even had to pick one of the best guys from this board. unbelievable

This is always the argument when ugly uniforms come out. But designers here don't have to listen to clients. We can do whatever we want and design to our own tastes.

2 minutes ago, canzman said:

Here are all the Falcons new possible combos
Dark
K6NwGgO.jpg
4RysOPy.jpg
53bpiTA.jpg
1Jd0Uzj.jpg
s0vnwqB.jpg
QNkWSob.jpg
kFSR1Jo.jpg
Ahj0Zon.jpg
fADoTf7.jpg
Light
47RvYAy.jpg
vb5KiXN.jpg
GDRs4l8.jpg
2ZqeK8t.jpg
fqvAZHt.jpg
9Ka0x9Q.jpg
Y5rNBkr.jpg
Ywmokjd.jpg
ruN4Uva.jpg
Alternate
017GKZe.jpg
kOzYRFR.jpg
AliMIpT.jpg
HZjDsDI.jpg
08efA77.jpg
maXpQ92.jpg
AVMtTGK.jpg
gK1dDR0.jpg
HxVTrMg.jpg
Throwback
wM1dKLd.jpg

There's only maybe 1 or 2 of these combinations that aren't the throwback that look maybe okay, the rest are absolute garbage. Please don't tell me they're  gonna wear the gradient jersey with pants that aren't black?? 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived