College Football 2020

Kevin W.

15 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Worth mentioning that this game was originally scheduled for last night, so the plan was for them to be worn for a night game. I do wish we could’ve seen them under the lights, but they still look absolutely gorgeous even in the overcast Eugene skies today. I truly believe these are the best one-off uniforms (excluding throwbacks) that they’ve ever worn. Certainly not the best uniform in general, but I think they’re the most thoughtfully and meticulously designed one-offs they’ve ever had. The details are absolutely spectacular, and the design as a whole is just special IMO. Here are some good pics from the game:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png
I’ve said before that I really like their current regular set, but I definitely do hope to see some more flashiness like these Ohana uniforms with their next set. Just find a good balance between the simplicity of their current regular set and the flashiness of these Ohana uniforms.

This are pretty good for a one off. I just want future Ducks unis to stick to their school colors, and not use black/ anthracite/  slate. 

• Like 5

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

5 hours ago, selgy said:

I understand the intent. But the execution looked terrible (and my attempted joke). 

The patterning was designed by a Polynesian artist. How else would one execute this?

• Like 5

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

51 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

The patterning was designed by a Polynesian artist. How else would one execute this?

Not everything needs to be "executed" on every canvas. 

The design and inspiration are probably gorgeous. But limiting the design to a football uniform that will get squished, torn, stretched, etc are in my mind a bad decision. You then put that design on 50 different bodies that are all shaped differently and to me the execution failed.   

• Like 1

That nameplate messes up what is otherwise a nice look for Oregon. Credit where credit is due... they look good with that green.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 11/21/2020 at 6:29 PM, upperV03 said:

Worth mentioning that this game was originally scheduled for last night, so the plan was for them to be worn for a night game. I do wish we could’ve seen them under the lights, but they still look absolutely gorgeous even in the overcast Eugene skies today. I truly believe these are the best one-off uniforms (excluding throwbacks) that they’ve ever worn. Certainly not the best uniform in general, but I think they’re the most thoughtfully and meticulously designed one-offs they’ve ever had. The details are absolutely spectacular, and the design as a whole is just special IMO. Here are some good pics from the game:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png
I’ve said before that I really like their current regular set, but I definitely do hope to see some more flashiness like these Ohana uniforms with their next set. Just find a good balance between the simplicity of their current regular set and the flashiness of these Ohana uniforms.

Seahawks should use this shade of green.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, selgy said:

Not everything needs to be "executed" on every canvas. 

The design and inspiration are probably gorgeous. But limiting the design to a football uniform that will get squished, torn, stretched, etc are in my mind a bad decision. You then put that design on 50 different bodies that are all shaped differently and to me the execution failed.   

Again, I understand you think the execution failed, so I’m wondering what you think is the right way to execute this.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

5 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Again, I understand you think the execution failed, so I’m wondering what you think is the right way to execute this.

Not doing it at all. I can't think of a better way to execute this look. They should have just left this pandering idea on the shelf. They should just change their name to the Oregon TryHards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

Not doing it at all. I can't think of a better way to execute this look. They should have just left this pandering idea on the shelf. They should just change their name to the Oregon TryHards.

So it’s nothing with the design you don’t like but instead the “pandering” to a significant part of their players history

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dannykraft said:

Ohio state teasing new alts? 

If you zoom you can see that there is scarlet on the stripes, so not sure what the tease is. Are the leaves black instead of dark green? Hopefully not a mono-gray (or at least something better than the previous attempts).

Given the cold emoji, most of the speculation is toward an "icy" white uniform. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

I'm thinking that its just the regular helmet including leaves. I'm kinda hoping its just the regular white uniform with white pants, I don't want alts for the Michigan game. Maybe silver numbers with scarlet outline?

I agree, and they probably won't do an alt for The Game since they are using them this week. Classic gray stripes are the only "alt" I want against Michigan.

1 minute ago, -Akronite- said:

I agree, and they probably won't do an alt for The Game since they are using them this week. Classic gray stripes are the only "alt" I want against Michigan.

Do we know they're for this week for sure? Yea actually I take back the no alts for the game, using the throwbacks should be a permanent move for the Michigan game.

• Like 1

Yeah, some sort of all-white ice uniform seems like the obvious guess considering the helmet is sitting on ice.

Edit: all white confirmed by Eleven Warriors. 

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2020/11/118456/ohio-state-to-wear-alternate-whiteout-jerseys-for-this-weekends-game-at-illinois

IUe6Hvh.png