Pharos04

Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

Terrible all the way around. I can't imagine how Vanessa Bryant and the other children are feeling. RIP Mamba, you will be missed.

My god.  I hope their deaths were without suffering.  

Far too young for both he and his daughter.  Unimaginable grief in the Bryant house today I’m sure. 

For Millennials, this is one of the more impactful celebrity deaths of our lifetime.

It's certainly one of the "I'll remember where I was when I heard" deaths, along with Princess Diana and Michael Jackson.

NTSB will have media availability tonight at 6:15 PM before the team departs from DCA. 

Edited by dfwabel
raw video added

Such a terrible tragedy. As a Marlins fan this gives me awful flashbacks to the Jose Fernandez boating incident.

Hearing that there were others, including one of his daughters, makes this even more tragic.

Been reported by a number of outlets including KABC and the OC Register that the other person was Orange Coast College head baseball coach John Altobelli and one of his daughters,  Tragic all the way around.

I'll admit that I don't follow basketball, but even I did a double take when I saw his name trending this evening. Not only him, but one of his daughters too. Can't imagine what the surviving family's going through right now.

The idea of having one all-star team wear 8 and the other wear 24 to honor Kobe and the captains wear 2 to honor his daughter is trending on Twitter. Hopefully the league considers.

They should have cancelled the games today. 

Per LASD's press conference 9 people died in the crash.

12 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I don’t think that’s the way to go. Kobe loved basketball. I believe he would have wanted the games to be played today in remembrance of him and not cancelled out of grief.

13 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

They really should have.

Nobody is going to remember a single detail about a game that was played today aside from the tribute at the start of the Raptors/Spurs game.

Im not an NBA fan or a big basketball fan in general, but Kobe was one of the biggest stars of any sporting stage. Very tragic news.

3 minutes ago, dont care said:

I don’t think that’s the way to go. Kobe loved basketball. I believe he would have wanted the games to be played today in remembrance of him and not cancelled out of grief.

These players are in no mental state to be playing tonight...

Kyrie Irving straight up left MSG when he heard the news and players are breaking down in tears during the games.

This is in another sport, but it was mentioned by Green Bay Packers Zadarius Smith during the Pro Bowl that Russell Wilson led a prayer circle during halftime to pray for Kobe's family.