Wentz2Jeffery

Colts to tweak Logo/Unis in 2020

I doubt the new tertiary color is for a black uniform, I would bet it’s just for digital and graphics purposes.

1 minute ago, Maroon&Gold said:

Please tell me they won't use the black to justify a black alternate down the road

I’m pretty sure they’re headed down that road 

Perfect except for the black swoosh, love the new font and the fact that the Gray facemask lives.

I like everything except the black swoosh on the Aways. Black shouldn't be a part of the Colts' identity (besides cleats).

Love the changes with the exception of the unnecessary black swoosh on the away.

New secondary logo is forced. 

New wordmark is fine. 

Wish they would have fixed the stripes if anything. 

I'm fine with these changes, including the black swoosh. 

9 minutes ago, Maroon&Gold said:

Please tell me they won't use the black to justify a black alternate down the road

Of course they will. 

These look pretty good. I'm worried about their new tertiary color, but that will likely just be a color rush thing. 

Wish they would've put grommets in the helmet stripe. 

Love the new number font. The secondary logo is okay, but looks very clunky. Could've looked better slimmed down. I doubt most people will notice the new black swoosh on the always, so it doesnt really bother me. 

Nike is 2 for 3 so far.

Buccs-- Great

Falcons--Swing and a miss.

Colts-- Really Good.

Love the number font.  The new wordmark is solid, the uniforms not changing is great.  The Horseshoe is preserved.  Adding black only for a swoosh is fine (if they can control themselves to that).  Not a fan of the secondary logo.  It does feel forced.  It makes more sense to use an "I" logo than a "C" logo for Indy, but I suspect it is hard to do an I + Indiana without it looking like a logo for either IU or Indiana State U. 

The black swoosh is so unnecessarily forced in that an upcoming black alternate is the only reason they would justify it for. I can already see the “But the Colts have black on their uniforms, it’s on the swoosh, therefore it’s not BFBS” arguments being formed. The wordmark is nice although I do have a soft spot for the old one.

Is that the logo version of the horseshoe on the helmet?

Missed opportunity to adopt a blue (or even white) facemask for a perfect update, but it's still a nice improvement overall.

As a Colts fan...

Black swoosh on the road - stupid

New wordmark - excellent

Throwback numbers - excellent

I was hoping for some striped socks too, but I can’t complain for the most part (aside from the odd minimal addition of black). They did a lot of good here. 

1 minute ago, ahowe6464 said:

Looks like the horseshoe on the helmet matches the primary logo, a great fix

Great find/call. 

spacer.png

Previous:

spacer.png

The Colts could’ve taken this opportunity to switch to a blue facemask, but alas...

spacer.png

But in all seriousness, love the update. Not too bothered by the black swoosh, but it is unnecessary. I hope this leads to them using blue pants.