Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

19 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Admittedly, I haven't paid much attention to what the Rams have been using as wordmarks since the move back to L.A. But the mark they're using at the top of the team's homepage seemed unusual to me. Have they been using this for a while? 

spacer.png

Yes. It’s been the wordmark in the endzones for two years. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just browsing Reddit and came across this (if the creator of this graphic is on this site I’d love to give you credit). Yes, they’re University of California (Berkeley) colors...but I still think this would work. Nine different combinations, including the current Color Rush (sort of).

spacer.png

I’d go middle row yellow as home, top row white as road, and top row blue as the alternate. They really don’t need the blue pants IMHO. Keep it traditional...yet updated. Just OWN YELLOW at home!

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

29 minutes ago, Ben in LA said:

Was just browsing Reddit and came across this (if the creator of this graphic is on this site I’d love to give you credit). Yes, they’re University of California (Berkeley) colors...but I still think this would work. Nine different combinations, including the current Color Rush (sort of).

spacer.png

I’d go middle row yellow as home, top row white as road, and top row blue as the alternate. They really don’t need the blue pants IMHO. Keep it traditional...yet updated. Just OWN YELLOW at home!

I'm holding out hope for owning yellow at home.  It's original enough to make a stand, but keeping that tradition alive with the traditional colors.

4 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

spacer.png

That’s my concept from several years ago when I entered the Uni Watch redesign contest, but someone has tweaked my design a bit. Here was my original concept:

spacer.png

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14746942/uni-watch-contest-results-how-redesign-rams-return-los-angeles

I was nominated as “best commemorative patch” in the article.

21 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Yes. It’s been the wordmark in the endzones for two years. 

This font is called Neutraface which is inspired by Richard Neutra who was a famous modernist architect who has quite a few of his buildings in SoCal. LAFC uses Neutraface as well.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Beautiful font, too.

That's one of the things that I hope that the Rams own. Other than yellow at home, I really hope that the cool, art deco style of their wordmark translates well into their new identity. LAFC created a very cool and instantly recognizable identity based around their simple crest and wordmark. I'd cream on myself if we get a modernized version of this in the endzones. Or even just this. Any of you photoshop wizards could you do this but in Neutraface?

spacer.png

46 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

That's one of the things that I hope that the Rams own. Other than yellow at home, I really hope that the cool, art deco style of their wordmark translates well into their new identity. LAFC created a very cool and instantly recognizable identity based around their simple crest and wordmark. I'd cream on myself if we get a modernized version of this in the endzones. Or even just this. Any of you photoshop wizards could you do this but in Neutraface?

spacer.png

Here's a rough one:

onCpo9W.png

10 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

spacer.png

Man, I love this concept. 

6 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

That’s my concept from several years ago when I entered the Uni Watch redesign contest, but someone has tweaked my design a bit. Here was my original concept:

spacer.png

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14746942/uni-watch-contest-results-how-redesign-rams-return-los-angeles

You get credit for 90% of the awesomeness then. The other 10% is a combination of the Braisher stripes on the pants, and showing all nine possible combos. 

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Man, I love this concept. 

You get credit for 90% of the awesomeness then. The other 10% is a combination of the Braisher stripes on the pants, and showing all nine possible combos. 

And sock stripes

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

5 hours ago, Daredevil said:

This font is called Neutraface which is inspired by Richard Neutra who was a famous modernist architect who has quite a few of his buildings in SoCal. LAFC uses Neutraface as well.

spacer.png

I, for one, would love to see the Rams start to use Neutraface as the font for the numbers and player names on their uniforms.

9 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

Your version is positively perfect if they do a contemporary revival of the throwbacks. The simplified pant stripe and shoulder loops work perfectly, and bringing in the current numbers are the cherry on top. I’d still probably lean toward blue as the home jersey and maybe ditch the contrast collar since there’s so much linework in the shoulder and head area, but it’s fantastic either way.

7 hours ago, Daredevil said:

spacer.png

It’s got some similar characteristics, but I think it’s something else. Neutraface’s S is very distinctive, and whatever they’re using ain’t it. The Ns and As also have flatter tops.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

14 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

spacer.png

I personally could go without the blue pants but I love it

14 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

spacer.png

I hate seeing things like this because I get really mad when the team goes in another direction that is 100000x worse than concepts like these. 

Neutraface owned until it became the official typeface of billboards for condo developments. The thought of the Rams using it for names and numbers is horrifying. Let old sports teams be old sports teams! Jesus!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived