Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TVIXX said:

The Los Angeles Padres

That's actually some of the only solace I can take from this. San Diego will do whatever it takes going forward to keep the Padres being the last Big 4 team. When they want stadium upgrades to Petco Park in 10 years they'll likely get them.

Just now, bosrs1 said:

That's actually some of the only solace I can take from this. San Diego will do whatever it takes going forward to keep the Padres being the last Big 4 team. When they want stadium upgrades to Petco Park in 10 years they'll likely get them.

Very true. Padres will get anything and everything that they desire. It's a perk of being the only big 4 team in the city.

4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

It is centered.  

The "LA" is centered, ignoring the bolt.  If you centered it including the bolt then it would look off-centered in its intended use, the Twitter icon.

The LA is centered, and you're not wrong.  I recreated it and a true center looks just as bad the other way.

I guess this is one of the nuances of design where i'd split the difference.  It just looks wonky to me, but everyone has their their own spacial things.

The bolt is part of the design.  Its an unbalanced mark, so there are many ways to skin this cat.  I'd just do it differently.  To each their own, Goth :D.

ChargersIconEg.jpg

4 minutes ago, tajmccall said:

ChargersIconEg.jpg

That split difference one looks best, hands down, IMO.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

6 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

That split difference one looks best, hands down, IMO.

At that size, I agree completely.  But I do think that at extremely small size (like, say a Twitter profile pic), the bolt becomes too thin and centering the letters is the right call.

53 minutes ago, bowld said:

Looks Amazing! Make it happen LAC

Spanos abhors powder blue so it won't happen. he only brings back the throwbacks and alts to keep the fans off his back about making them a full time look. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I believe the Chargers will be more successful than the Rams in LA as far as on-field product. The Rams have not gotten any better under Kroenke and have not made the playoffs since 2004. The Chargers are often more competitive as they were a few plays away from the AFC championship game a few seasons back. The Rams haven't been 500 since Kroenke bought the team and gave away way too much for Goff who is in no way a sure thing.

Just now, Gothamite said:

At that size, I agree completely.  But I do think that at extremely small size (like, say a Twitter profile pic), the bolt becomes too thin and centering the letters is the right call.

You may be right.  

Just something that bugged me looking at it magnified. 

See folks. Packer and Vikings fans can have civil conversations!

(as long as booze isn't involved.)

Archived