Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

52 minutes ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

Also, found this 

Honestly I like them. The gradient is surprisingly nice and subtle and it seems like a nice modernization of the traditional unis. Even though if its not the beloved traditional uniforms, they're still really nice and I'd take those over these any day:

spacer.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, TJSC said:

Honestly I like them. The gradient is surprisingly nice and subtle and it seems like a nice modernization of the traditional unis. Even though if its not the beloved traditional uniforms, they're still really nice and I'd take those over these any day:

spacer.png

Agreed...kind of. Those look real to me given the effort in the numbers, but really who knows.

But as a way to re-imagine the Rams for LA in 2020 (that seems to be pretending it's 1992) while keeping elements of the past, they work.

Or maybe I'm just saying that seeing how stupid they've looked in the mash-up of St. Louis and white/blue helmets the last few years.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, auguststaley said:

Is it just the font? Maybe the gradient plus font?

Everyone loves the Chargers unis and their font is more rounded, though not this much, and we didn't hear soccer comparisons for them.

The gradient is subtle, so it doesn't bother me.

No you’re right it’s not just the numbers as far as the shape of them. It’s the detail at the top numbers. It replicates the break in the horn which makes it look a little like these:

spacer.png

I don't hate the gradient. It's subtle enough to me to not be obnoxious. I don't hate the number font either.

Listen, I've been pissed off about the Rams uniforms since 2000. They took a color set that made me a Rams fan and traded it in for millennium blue and Notre Dame gold. I'm just glad you have royal and yellow back, warts and all. Are there things I possibly would've done differently? Probably, but I'm happy.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Surprisingly, I’m not mad at these. I still think it’s dumb only one set has gradient numbers, but I digress. I could go without the wordmark patch, but that’s not a deal breaker either.

What does worry me is the horn on the bone uniform. Apparently it isn’t blue on a yellow background like classics according to the guy that’s been confirming the leaks. It’s not even blue on a bone background. Oh and g-d bone pants.

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

But wait.. There's more!

EX4T0eSWsAEWTgu?format=jpg&name=small

Different wordmark patches on the front? Plus the LA logo on the back neck? JFC

Awful.

I don’t mind the numbers, but all this extra stuff just ruins it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, dont care said:

Look again you can clearly see the tip of the horn and it’s clearly pointed the wrong way

Pretty sure the “tip of the horn” you’re seeing is the Nike Swoosh. 

The Rams re-branding boils down to one thing for me: it was unnecessary. The logos, the gradient, bone road jerseys, and changing the horn on the helmet. All unnecessary. Just make a clean blue/yellow redesign of the classics. Done.

6 hours ago, masterchaoss said:

it's twitter so my automatic assumption is to lean fake with anything that doesn't come from a official source there, it also looks like the shoulder horns are backwards to me assuming those are supposed to be horns. They would be curling the opposite way of the helmet if they are and I honestly doubt that would happen on the real jersey. I would be okay with these if they we're real with the horns facing the right way or we got something close because I honestly don't hate it.   

6 hours ago, dont care said:

Why are the horns backwards?

5 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

Looks like they are cut off because of the sleeves.

5 hours ago, dont care said:

Look again you can clearly see the tip of the horn and it’s clearly pointed the wrong way

See the bolded quote.

It looks to me like the split in the horn tracksmatches the split on the supposed helmet horn.  The bottom of the "crescent moon" section is just cut off by the end of the sleeve.

Meanwhile, in the leaked(?) front view photos above, the horn doesn't appear to be split, unless I'm missing something.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

3 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

Is the shoulder stripe tie-dye?! Wtf am I looking at?

Screen-printed materials reflecting bright neon light.

5 hours ago, JLJ said:

No you’re right it’s not just the numbers as far as the shape of them. It’s the detail at the top numbers. It replicates the break in the horn which makes it look a little like these:

spacer.png

Yep...plus the number design reminds me of Barcelona kits from a couple years ago...

Amazon.com : Barcelona Home Messi Jersey 2017/2018 (Official ...

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Different wordmark patches on the front? Plus the LA logo on the back neck? JFC

Awful.

I don’t mind the numbers, but all this extra stuff just ruins it.

In disbelief at how awful those chest (shoulder?) patches are. 

Archived