Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

51 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

You're right. But you also don't need to try too hard to understand the point of those comparisons. In ditching orange, the Bucs would lose a key differentiator that clearly sets them apart from other teams. You're correct that they won't be confused by the Falcons, but they will look a lot more like the Falcons than they ever have before. That's the point. 

Orange hasn't been a differentiator since the creamsicle era. The Falcons have a black helmet, black primary uniforms, and white pants. The Bucs have pewter helmets, red primary uniforms, and pewter pants. They wont look anything like the Falcons, they never have. The only similarities i can see is they both have a stripeless helmet. The orange in the Bucs uniform the past 2 and a half decades is as valuable as the gold in the Falcons inaugural uniforms. Orange pairs nicely, but they've proved the don't need it anymore. The Bucs are a Red and Pewter team and have been for longer than Orange. 

51 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Orange isn’t pointless if they are going away from Bucco Bruce. It differentiates them from the 10,000 other red and black dominant football teams. 

Nike’s minimalist phase has got. To. End. This is feeling like the Jaguars, an upgrade, but a meh one at that.

Going back to a set people wished to come back since they moved away from it is now part of a minimalist phase? And again, the Bucs and Red and Pewter, Black has never been a primary color for the Bucs.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Orange hasn't been a differentiator since the creamsicle era. The Falcons have a black helmet, black primary uniforms, and white pants. The Bucs have pewter helmets, red primary uniforms, and pewter pants. They wont look anything like the Falcons, they never have. The only similarities i can see is they both have a stripeless helmet. The orange in the Bucs uniform the past 2 and a half decades is as valuable as the gold in the Falcons inaugural uniforms. Orange pairs nicely, but they've proved the don't need it anymore. The Bucs are a Red and Pewter team and have been for longer than Orange. 

Going back to a set people wished to come back since they moved away from it is now part of a minimalist phase? And again, the Bucs and Red and Pewter, Black has never been a primary color for the Bucs.

Yes, but you're at once missing the point and making it.

Folks on these boards -- myself included -- default to hyperbole to make a point. But when someone says, "Oh noes, they're going to look like the Falcons now!," I don't interpret it literally.  I don't think anybody really believes the Bucs will be a carbon copy of the Falcons. But they'll look a lot closer to them than ever if they drop the orange. That little bit of orange made a difference. 

You offered a great example.  Those inaugural Falcons uniforms use of gold makes them distinctly different from everything else that franchise has worn, just like the touch of orange has added dimension to the Bucs to set it apart from the rest of the league.

23 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

According to @TruColor black was a primary color for them from ‘97-2013, and is now once again being considered a primary color with their new set.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Good gravy, that's a lot junk on one font. Never mind that the font itself is garbage, but add in a polka dot pattern and three outlines, one of reflective material? The lack of restraint is breathtaking.

FWIW, I don't think the numbers themselves have a polka-dot pattern; I believe that's the number material itself. @andrewharrington might can confirm, but I think the top layer is made of some type of mesh-like material that *makes it lighter* (because, well, you know)

Your overall point still stands, however.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

9 minutes ago, Buc said:

FWIW, I don't think the numbers themselves have a polka-dot pattern; I believe that's the number material itself. @andrewharrington might can confirm, but I think the top layer is made of some type of mesh-like material that *makes it lighter* (because, well, you know)

Your overall point still stands, however.

Could be their version of adidas numbers on the rev30 jersey. They used a mesh fill with twill outlines. 

5 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

I totally understand it being too cluttered, but I feel they are removing the wrong color, you have your dark color in pewter. It can replace black in most applications.

🤔

Keep the black in the logos/wordmarks but remove it everywhere else?

Super Bowl uniform using 2020 colors with pewter replacing black except for the logos and wordmark. (Tweaked the pants striping just a bit.)

iZLxHfh.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

8 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

iZLxHfh.png

This is great. Honestly, I wouldn't mind having it be slightly different and having a creamsicle/orange facemask, but this is exactly what I hope we get.

Granted, it's the Bucs. So I really hope the leaks indicating a lack of orange aren't true and this is closer to what they're going for.

6 hours ago, Bucs007 said:

Fun fact: red and pewter have been the main colors for the Bucs longer than creamsicle, red, and white were.

Just thought this was notable as everyone debates the future of orange (or lack thereof) in the Bucs’ color scheme.

Red, pewter AND orange.

10 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

🤔

Keep the black in the logos/wordmarks but remove it everywhere else?

Super Bowl uniform using 2020 colors with pewter replacing black except for the logos and wordmark. (Tweaked the pants striping just a bit.)

iZLxHfh.png

Beautiful.🤩

#DTWD #GoJaguars

2 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Going back to a set people wished to come back since they moved away from it is now part of a minimalist phase?

But they aren't doing that, if the rumors are true. They're adopting boring-ass uniforms that only kind of look like the Super Bowl uniforms.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

But they aren't doing that, if the rumors are true. They're adopting boring-ass uniforms that only kind of look like the Super Bowl uniforms.

According to UniWatch's mockup, were getting the Super Bowl set without orange, and updated logos of course, so how is that "Kind of looks like the Super Bowl uniforms"? 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

4 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

The set everyone wanted them to go back to had orange highlights. Which kept continuity with the previous creamsicle look, and helped give an overall darker look a bit of pop.

I'm sure that whatever the team rolls out will look better than what they've been wearing for years but people aren't being unreasonable to lament the loss of orange.

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

The trend of so close but no cigar is getting old

The Bucs' Super Bowl set without creamsicle orange would look fine...if, and only if, this were 2005. This isn't 2005, this is 2020. They can afford to, y'know, be a little bit more colorful and interesting then red, pewter, black, white, zzzzz. You wanna look like the most boring and generic team in the league, that's a great color scheme. Not if you want to stand out, especially since a division rival uses three of those colors already. 

Orange helped keep the Bucs and Falcons distinct. Scrapping it runs the very real risk of having two teams in the same division that look basically the same. Hell, if they're scrapping anything from those uniforms color-wise, the obvious answer is scrap black and just use pewter in it's place. You can rid of the redundant dark color, but don't scrap the iconic color your brand has had since Day 1 of its existence.

Red/pewter/orange/white is a perfectly fine combo for the Bucs.

2 minutes ago, IceCap said:

The set everyone wanted them to go back to had orange highlights. Which kept continuity with the previous creamsicle look, and helped give an overall darker look a bit of pop.

I'm sure that whatever the team rolls out will look better than what they've been wearing for years but people aren't being unreasonable to lament the loss of orange.

The orange was minimal on the Super Bowl set but it was so important to that look. I don't see why some people can't realize that. 

Archived