Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

raz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/21/2020 at 7:21 PM, FiddySicks said:

Yeah, that’s what I mean. It’s such an important story to the founding of this area and is emphasized in schools here so much that for years I had just assumed it was something that everyone learned about in history classes growing up, like Washington crossing the Delaware. Learned rather late in life that I was incorrect about that one.

I can tell you that Donner Party is taught in New York City schools.   

On 8/24/2020 at 5:01 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Red and green don't seem to have the same contrast as the other pairs of complementary colors.  Maybe contrast isn't the right word, but unless separated by some other color (like how the Devils green yoke has a white stroke) it plays with my eyes a bit, whereas purple/yellow and blue/orange don't.

You’re absolutely right.  Especially anything resembling Kelly green.  Which is why it’s a very hard color scheme to get right. 

I think the Bucks got it right way back in the day, by pairing red with a very dark green to maximize contrast and keeping the red to a trim color.

spacer.pngspacer.png

This version, on the other hand, was a disaster.  Way too much red. 

spacer.pngalltime-jersey-4.jpg

With those white outlines, it’s a muddled mess. Without them it would be absolutely illegible. You can’t use red and green together without a substantial use of white to separate them.  Which to me speaks to a basic flaw.  

If you have two colors, and they can never be put next to each other, that’s not a great color scheme.  Which is probably why Minnesota added their wheat. 

You say you don't care about being here and yet write a massive wall of text here. Mixed messages.

Anyways, I'd rather "Redwolves" or "Redtails" over "Code Talkers"; that seems just a bit verbose to say quickly on a broadcast. Plus, what would the fandom nickname be? "The Talkies"?

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

I wish I was here at least 5 minutes earlier so I could’ve read that post 😞 

It was just a long-winded rant about how "Code Talkers" was the clear best name and that the logo should just be reinstated because that's clearly not part of the issue. Nothing much to miss.

2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I wish I was here at least 5 minutes earlier so I could’ve read that post 😞 

Let me summerize.  "Blah blah, nothing wrong with the old name, blah blah a native American designed the logo, blah blah millionaire athletes, blah blah never watch the NFL again, blah blah all lives matter (yes, believe it or not he actually managed to squeeze that in),  blah blah go ahead and ban me, and (of course) blah blah I don't really care". He hit all the "real victim here" highlights, and did it with about 150 exclamation points. Classic flameout.

13 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Let me summerize.  "Blah blah, nothing wrong with the old name, blah blah a native American designed the logo, blah blah millionaire athletes, blah blah never watch the NFL again, blah blah all lives matter (yes, believe it or not he actually managed to squeeze that in),  blah blah go ahead and ban me, and (of course) blah blah I don't really care". He hit all the "real victim here" highlights, and did it with about 150 exclamation points. Classic flameout.

Always a fun time when people go full rage on their very clearly wrong opinions.

32 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Alright, let's not pile on or worry too much about what was said. Moderators are dealing with it.

Especially since the mandate is that Muleriders is the correct name.

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Unless tribal approval gets granted, "Code Talkers" is off-limits.

100%. The Navajo nation initially suggested it, but they walked it back after the community reacted negatively. The Navajo don’t want to be mascots.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived