2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

4 hours ago, Magnus said:

My thoughts on Brady and his trips to all the SBs:

I wish he could have gone 1-9, personally - but I will allow for the Super Bowl being won in 2002 by the Patriots, right after 9-11. America needed that.

No times infinity.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

No. No we did not.

Lots of revisionist history when it comes to the 2001 Patriots. They started the season 0-2. Then 1-3 at the quarter mark. They went on to finish the regular season 11-5. They were a 14 point underdog. Almost anyone who wasn't a fan of another AFC East team, the Raiders, the Steelers or the Rams were cheering for them to win Super Bowl XXXVI.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

1 hour ago, PittsburghSucks said:

Lots of revisionist history when it comes to the 2001 Patriots. They started the season 0-2. Then 1-3 at the quarter mark. They went on to finish the regular season 11-5. They were a 14 point underdog. Almost anyone who wasn't a fan of another AFC East team, the Raiders, the Steelers or the Rams were cheering for them to win Super Bowl XXXVI.

I was backing the Patriots that day. Nothing to do with 9-11. We tend to forget how historically bad they were up to that point. Also given their past two Super Bowl appearances were both losses at the Superdome, it almost felt like the third time was the charm... Let's also not forget what Madden was thinking about that winning drive..... 

I saw, I came, I left.

2 hours ago, PittsburghSucks said:

I'm a Bills fan and also the tuck rule was bull :censored:.

And I really liked the Rams back then.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

McVay apparently hates having 1st round picks.  

What's this now? 2016 since they had a 1st round pick? 

Fixed.

Yeah, including this year plus what is likely their 1st round picks in 2022 & 2023, the Rams haven’t had a first round draft pick since 2016. Which makes this situation super awkward considering that 2016 pick was used on... Jared Goff...

My god.  Two first-round picks and a starting-caliber QB?  Unless you think Stafford can get you a SB win in the next two seasons, that's absurd.

I haven't seen much of Stafford, but I imagine he's kinda like a Matt Ryan - very good, but not great, and not someone that's going to put a team on his back and win a bowl.

Good for the Lions.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Lions trading Matt Stafford to the Rams for Jared Goff, two 1st round picks, and a 3rd round pick

The Texans are gonna demand six 1st rounders for Deshaun now

6uXNWAo.png

The Goff/Stafford trade is the best news possible for the Eagles.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have never seen the Lions do anything good ever in my entire adult life. Yes, they had Barry Sanders and Megatron, but they've otherwise been one disaster after another.

Until today! Heck of a trade Detroit. No matter what Stafford does in LA, they've fleeced the Rams. Two 1st round picks and a 3rd round and a guy who has won multiple playoff games recently?

Amazing.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I bet the Lions just wanted the picks. They were probably going to suck no matter who the QB is and are willing pay the extra cost. If Goff starts playing better, then it's just a bonus. Goff is younger than Stafford, so at least he still has time.

I saw, I came, I left.

2 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Until today! Heck of a trade Detroit. No matter what Stafford does in LA, they've fleeced the Rams. Two 1st round picks and a 3rd round and a guy who has won multiple playoff games recently?

A mirage of a QB with an overblown contract and picks that’ll probably be wasted by a usually-terrible front office sounds like the same ol’ Lions to me.

I’m not really feeling this one for either club.

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I have never seen the Lions do anything good ever in my entire adult life. Yes, they had Barry Sanders and Megatron, but they've otherwise been one disaster after another.

Amazing.

Never mind getting to a Super Bowl, he helped them to a playoff win in Seattle. That has to count for something, right? Stafford has ... ZERO playoff wins.

I saw, I came, I left.

25 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

McVeigh apparently hates having 1st round picks.  

What's this now? 2016 since they had a 1st round pick? 

Les Snead, probably.  Doesn't want to get blamed for draft busts, although maybe he should get blamed for stupid premature extensions (Goff's rookie deal originally would have expired next month.)

And yes 2016 is the case.  I would have been fine with dumping one first in this trade, but two is kind of making me nervous.  (Although it should probably be ironclad that the 2024 1st can't be traded since that has to go to a rookie QB.)

At least we won't piss away another year of Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey's prime with incompetent replacement-level QB play.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

2 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

Never mind getting to a Super Bowl, he helped them to a playoff win in Seattle. That has to count for something, right? Stafford has ... ZERO playoff wins.

The Rams defense beat Seattle.  The only reason his play didn't cost the Rams the game was that McVay was so terrified of that eventuality that he refused to let Goff do much.

Super Bowl year was with a good run game against Dallas and the Rams' defense buckling down against New Orleans (and getting away with one in the 4th).

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived