2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

The best part of this (for me) is that the Ravens get 3rd round compensatory picks in 2021 and 2022 for losing Culley.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

9 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

I mean...

When Josh McCown was here last year, everyone said that he was a better coach, even as a player, than most QB coaches, and could have been the OC because of how good his natural coaching skills were.  Lots of people in the Eagles org wanted him to transition right into coaching, and that was one of the reasons they kept him under contract as their "Covid emergency" guy this year, even if he wasn't physically with the team.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, GDAWG said:

JJ Watt is next to leave Houston anyways.

That might be a net positive losing him. He costs too much for what he provides now. They can spread the money around now and get a more complete team. Not saying that’s what the Texans will do because they are being run by a Chaplain now with no football experience. But it’s what they could do if they had someone competent running the organization.

Everyone thought that with the Eagles hiring the Colts OC (AKA a Frank Reich guy) that meant that they were going to try and "fix" Carson Wentz.  But then that guy goes and hires a college coach as the QB coach - a college coach that has known Jalen Hurts and his family since Hurts was 4-years old, and tried to recruit him to Miss State (when he was Dak Prescott's coach.)

So basically, Wentz (and his absurd contract) are very likely on the market.  He can't really rework his deal to make it more tradable without actually giving back money that he's already been paid in bonuses, so I can't see anyone taking him (unless it's a deal where the Eagles actually give a pick with him just to get someone else to have him.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

38 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Watt is too bruised and battered now to justify his contract. When's the last time he played a full 16 game slate anyway? Or even 14 or 15 games?

EDIT: This year, actually. But I think the numbers speak well.

Two of the last three years even, which is kind of shocking actually.  I forgot he was actually really good in 2018 because it feels like he's be a complete non-factor for the last five or six years.  He's said he'll walk away when he feels like he can't play at the highest level anymore and his deal is up in 2021, iirc -- I'm hoping the Texans just hang onto to him since they're not going to be a contender anyway and he just retires as a Texan.

25 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Everyone thought that with the Eagles hiring the Colts OC (AKA a Frank Reich guy) that meant that they were going to try and "fix" Carson Wentz.  But then that guy goes and hires a college coach as the QB coach - a college coach that has known Jalen Hurts and his family since Hurts was 4-years old, and tried to recruit him to Miss State (when he was Dak Prescott's coach.)

I don't know what this means for his prospects as a coach at the NFL level but Brian Johnson was the one assistant coach I didn't want Florida to lose this year.  He's been a great coach at the college level.  If it means anything for their chances of keeping Wentz, he's spent the last three years coaching Kyle Trask into being a Heisman contender, and Trask is just about the least athletic person on earth.

IUe6Hvh.png

21 minutes ago, See Red said:

I don't know what this means for his prospects as a coach at the NFL level but Brian Johnson was the one assistant coach I didn't want Florida to lose this year.  He's been a great coach at the college level.  If it means anything for their chances of keeping Wentz, he's spent the last three years coaching Kyle Trask into being a Heisman contender, and Trask is just about the least athletic person on earth.

That's good to know.  I just think that if I'm Wentz, and see that my team just hired someone that's close to my competition's whole family, I'm probably not feeling too comfortable about my chances in that city. 

I'd have rather the Eagles not even have drafted Jalen Hurts (which made no sense anyway) and then have Wentz fall apart, so they only have one decision to make, rather than create this mess with two QBs that you're not sure about, and now have to decide to try and move forward with one, the other, both, or draft a new guy at #6. 

Even if Hurts turns out to be a good pro, drafting him really killed the franchise in the short term, even if that has nothing to do with the man himself.

6 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Watt is too bruised and battered now to justify his contract. When's the last time he played a full 16 game slate anyway? Or even 14 or 15 games?

EDIT: This year, actually. But I think the numbers speak well.

Maybe being a stunt double for John Cena might be a safer career. 

Yeah but...would we see him?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

My thoughts on Brady and his trips to all the SBs:

I wish he could have gone 1-9, personally - but I will allow for the Super Bowl being won in 2002 by the Patriots, right after 9-11. America needed that.

28 minutes ago, Magnus said:

I wish he could have gone 1-9, personally - but I will allow for the Super Bowl being won in 2002 by the Patriots, right after 9-11. America needed that.

No. No we did not.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

41 minutes ago, Magnus said:

The only one I'd give them is the one against the 2014 Seahawks. I don't want to live in a world where this didn't happen.

sad richard sherman GIF

I like Richard Sherman (a lot), but this .gif is too useful.

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

The only one I'd give them is the one against the 2014 Seahawks. I don't want to live in a world where this didn't happen.

sad richard sherman GIF

I like Richard Sherman (a lot), but this .gif is too useful.

Aww come on! That :censored: gives me PTSD! 

But I can admit that it's a good gif.

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

No. No we did not.

Ironically I rooted for him because the Patriots had bad luck historically and I hated the Rams (still do). But if I would have known then what I know now, I would have been wearing Rams navy and gold!

Archived