NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

4 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Would it have been better with white facemasks? I say yes, but only slightly

A silver helmet should never have a white mask.  Can't think of a single case where a white mask would complement a silver lid.  Same goes for gold and yellow.

Of course I also am a firm believer that neither silver, gold, nor yellow helmets should ever be paired with white pants, so take that for what it's worth.

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

The look would have been improved if they had a pants stripe that replicated the jersey striping. That, and wearing their regular blue over white style of socks. It's really dumb that plenty of teams that haven't had any white pants are getting a plain set of them like these. It's so pointless.

• Like 4

I always thought the Colts should wear striped white socks on the road for a very austere and striking look, but people disagreed and said they should stick with the solid blue socks. I also loved the 2008 Bears wearing striped white pants and socks on the road rather than the navy blue pants. Now, in their quest to be clean and fire emoji, teams are wearing white pants and socks that don't even have any stripes. I was trying to negotiate a middle way here.

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 9/21/2021 at 10:27 PM, BBTV said:

A silver helmet should never have a white mask.  Can't think of a single case where a white mask would complement a silver lid.  Same goes for gold and yellow.

Of course I also am a firm believer that neither silver, gold, nor yellow helmets should ever be paired with white pants, so take that for what it's worth.

The only time I can remember a team ever trying it was in the UFL and it looked dumb. 

locos_clement_lateral_100811.jpg?crop=1

h0aTYRsdnU2OQWflKyzOI9xuZpTZXFAAEWk8ixf5

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

Something I've noticed that works real well: Players wearing compressions/leggings under their pants, and not wearing socks. If teams could get some stripes on those, we could see a uniform renaissance here...  (Yes, I know Fields has stripes, but it looks like he's got socks on.)

Justin Fields critical of his play despite Chicago Bears winJets' Zach Wilson dealing with groin injury suffered in Week 1: Source -  The AthleticTrevor Lawrence, Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck: What the 3 QBs Have in  Common After Lawrence's Disastrous Debut

• Like 4

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

37 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I always thought the Colts should wear striped white socks on the road for a very austere and striking look, but people disagreed and said they should stick with the solid blue socks. I also loved the 2008 Bears wearing striped white pants and socks on the road rather than the navy blue pants. Now, in their quest to be clean and fire emoji, teams are wearing white pants and socks that don't even have any stripes. I was trying to negotiate a middle way here.

The one reason why I wouldn’t want white stripes on the road for the Colts is that the sock stripes would (presumably) be horizontal, while the rest of the stripes in their uniform are pretty much vertical. I’d prefer plain blue or white socks for them in that case.

I do like the Bears wearing white pants with their white-striped socks on the road on rare occasion, though. I also wouldn’t mind if the Browns wore their white pants & white-striped combo a bit more often. Have they even worn that combo yet with this new set?

Overall, I don’t mind the “white-out” look as much as some others do, in certain instances I actually quite like it. It does seem to be getting a bit out of hand though, with cases such as the Lions and the Saints just adding plain white pants being especially egregious.

7 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

Something I've noticed that works real well: Players wearing compressions/leggings under their pants, and not wearing socks. If teams could get some stripes on those, we could see a uniform renaissance here...  (Yes, I know Fields has stripes, but it looks like he's got socks on.)

Justin Fields critical of his play despite Chicago Bears win

I believe he actually is wearing socks, they're just low cut. 

bearstitans.jpg?w=2560&h=1440&crop=1

If they are tights he's wearing in the home uniform, then the NFL needs to mandate they start doing that instead of plain colors.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Justin Fields critical of his play despite Chicago Bears winJets' Zach Wilson dealing with groin injury suffered in Week 1: Source -  The AthleticTrevor Lawrence, Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck: What the 3 QBs Have in  Common After Lawrence's Disastrous Debut

Players need to wear the right size pants that actually go down to the knee, not these excuses for biker shorts like by Trevor Lawrence. And fields.

• Like 3
  • Meh 1

On 9/21/2021 at 9:27 PM, BBTV said:

There are zero silver helmet teams I can think of who look better with white pants than silver, the Panthers' road set included (I'm more numb to that one than anything; they should either ditch the white pants or ditch silver entirely IMO).   There are only two gold helmet teams I've ever seen where I thought they looked better in white pants than gold-the Arena league's Tampa Bay Storm and the UAB Blazers.  The Storm had gold pants that for some reason just didn't look all that good compared to their white pants (this was the late 90s-early 2000s), while UAB during the same time only had this issue with their home green jerseys, their gold pants looked just fine with their white jerseys.  I know it's odd, given that there are plenty of gold helmet teams whose home jerseys have white numbers where how they look with gold pants never crosses my mind at all.  

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

20 hours ago, MJD7 said:

The one reason why I wouldn’t want white stripes on the road for the Colts is that the sock stripes would (presumably) be horizontal, while the rest of the stripes in their uniform are pretty much vertical. I’d prefer plain blue or white socks for them in that case.

I do like the Bears wearing white pants with their white-striped socks on the road on rare occasion, though. I also wouldn’t mind if the Browns wore their white pants & white-striped combo a bit more often. Have they even worn that combo yet with this new set?

Overall, I don’t mind the “white-out” look as much as some others do, in certain instances I actually quite like it. It does seem to be getting a bit out of hand though, with cases such as the Lions and the Saints just adding plain white pants being especially egregious.

Eh - pants stripes on any team are vertical. Sock stripes are going to be horizontal.

It's where I sit.

37 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Eh - pants stripes on any team are vertical. Sock stripes are going to be horizontal.

I think the thing that makes the Colts case unique is that their jersey stripes could be considered vertical , as well. That, paired with the helmet & pants stripes obviously being vertical, would make the horizontal sock stripes just seem out of place to me.

3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I think the thing that makes the Colts case unique is that their jersey stripes could be considered vertical , as well. That, paired with the helmet & pants stripes obviously being vertical, would make the horizontal sock stripes just seem out of place to me.

Clearly I disagree. Given that the pants stripe is next to the sock stripe, I don't see this as a factor.

To each their own, or this place wouldn't be the fun it is. 🙂

• Like 1

It's where I sit.