NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

3 minutes ago, Bathysphere said:

The Jaguars held a salute to service charity event where volunteers were given teal #21 jerseys left and right, and many of them (would appear to be all in the men’s cut) were mistakenly screenprinted with numbers made for the black jersey, making the flushed black outline into a contrasting one. In case you were wondering what that would look like. I could take it or leave it, personally. I’ve come to appreciate the outlineless aesthetic and really wasn’t a fan of the single outlines that the 2009 set used. I would also rather they added more gold before putting any more black on there.

4-EDE2-CD0-8-E5-B-4-C2-E-A264-2-D01-DF28

07-C8-E397-B198-45-FA-84-CF-1-D855-FB111

Those look WORLDS better...the contrast makes all the difference in the world. 

• Like 23

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Bathysphere said:

The Jaguars held a salute to service charity event where volunteers were given teal #21 jerseys left and right, and many of them (would appear to be all in the men’s cut) were mistakenly screenprinted with numbers made for the black jersey, making the flushed black outline into a contrasting one. In case you were wondering what that would look like. I could take it or leave it, personally. I’ve come to appreciate the outlineless aesthetic and really wasn’t a fan of the single outlines that the 2009 set used. I would also rather they added more gold before putting any more black on there.

Theoretically, they wouldn’t have to wait 5 years to change the numbers, if they can just print the contrasting jersey’s number for the outline like they did here.

(Now where we run into problems with that is the white jersey, but since there’s already and outline on those, i shouldn’t be an issue to change the color of it.)

2 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

Such an improvement.

I wouldn't even mind a double outline to bring gold back into the equation. Or maybe just replace the black outline with gold? Either way all of their jerseys need real contrasting outlines. 

(And the pants need stripes too)

• Like 10

16 hours ago, VikWings said:

Such an improvement.

I wouldn't even mind a double outline to bring gold back into the equation. Or maybe just replace the black outline with gold? Either way all of their jerseys need real contrasting outlines. 

(And the pants need stripes too)

I'd be curious about a gold outline, but I imagine a double wouldn't jive with the otherwise minimalist look.

22 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

I'd be curious about a gold outline, but I imagine a double wouldn't jive with the otherwise minimalist look.

I posted this mock-up in the earlier days of this thread, but it gives you a good idea of what it would look like.

On 2/17/2021 at 4:28 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

A simple number outline can do wonders for Jacksonville:

spacer.png

• Like 9

I think the Jaguars are a rare example of a team that needs double outlines, as I think gold by itself doesn’t provide enough contrast, while black by itself looks too “sterile” and lifeless to me. The black outline on those teal jerseys is definitely an improvement over no outline, though.

As for the Dolphins, although I often flip-flop over which shade of aqua I prefer (the primary or throwback), I find myself leaning more & more towards the throwback shade, as the primary aqua is starting to look way too “minty” to me. The throwback shade seems to do a better job at contrasting with the orange, as well. 

• Like 15

13 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

As for the Dolphins, although I often flip-flop over which shade of aqua I prefer (the primary or throwback), I find myself leaning more & more towards the throwback shade, as the primary aqua is starting to look way too “minty” to me. The throwback shade seems to do a better job at contrasting with the orange, as well. 

Agreed on both accounts. I feel that the current shade is too far into the fluorescent shade for my tastes, as is the orange, IMO.

IMO - TM@oldschoolvikings 😆

• Like 8

It's where I sit.

Eagles black pants looked a lot better than I expected. Don’t need to ever see this again, but it’s not the end of the world. If they’re going to wear anything other than white or green pants, I’d prefer them to get a set of gray ones. 

YKEGILGSYBHSVBKZJOH2OHIRSE.jpg

• Like 15

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 11/13/2021 at 1:53 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Agreed on both accounts. I feel that the current shade is too far into the fluorescent shade for my tastes, as is the orange, IMO.

IMO - TM@oldschoolvikings 😆

The shade they went with at first was pretty bad but the new one is pretty close to the throwbacks (might even be the same).

Dolphins-New-Shade-of-Coral-Orange-for-2

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

The shade they went with at first was pretty bad but the new one is pretty close to the throwbacks (might even be the same).

Dolphins-New-Shade-of-Coral-Orange-for-2

It sure doesn't look like that. What does TruColor's site say about the colors?

It's where I sit.

22 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

It sure doesn't look like that. What does TruColor's site say about the colors?

The new one is the 2002-2012 shade which is indeed way darker than the 2013-2017. And from the mothership in 2018 when they switched :

"The Miami Dolphins will indeed be stepping back, but it will be as they’re taking the field wearing their classic shade of coral (orange);  certainly a brighter and bolder shade of the colour than what they’d been wearing over the past five seasons."

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jp1409 said:

The new one is the 2002-2012 shade which is indeed way darker than the 2013-2017. And from the mothership in 2018 when they switched :

"The Miami Dolphins will indeed be stepping back, but it will be as they’re taking the field wearing their classic shade of coral (orange);  certainly a brighter and bolder shade of the colour than what they’d been wearing over the past five seasons."

Yeah - that matches the color swatches, but it doesn't match what my eyes see 🙂

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

17 hours ago, BBTV said:

Eagles black pants looked a lot better than I expected. Don’t need to ever see this again, but it’s not the end of the world. If they’re going to wear anything other than white or green pants, I’d prefer them to get a set of gray ones. 

It looks better than the reverse imo (Black jersey over white pants) since the white jerseys still have green numbers, so its a better balance of black and green.

But the green pants still look better (and I too would love gray pants)

• Like 3

On 11/8/2021 at 11:46 AM, SSmith48 said:

Am I the only one that doesn't think the Colts look right in blue facemasks? I Don't know if I just don't feel like they work with the more traditional aesthetic of the uniform or what, but I think gray is perfect for them.

If we want to talk about a team with a white helmet that could (and should) pull a blue facemask off, let's talk about the Bills.  They wore that look from the late 70's through the mid 80's, and it worked much better with them than the Colts.

Top 50 All-Time Bills, No. 39: RB Joe Cribbs - Buffalo Rumblings

1982 Joe Cribbs BUFFALO BILLS - 35mm Football Slide

If only the Bills used those socks with today's edition of that style of uniform. I'd take blue stripes (opposite of sleeve stripes) but the red quarter works as well. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 8:15 PM, BBTV said:

Would have been much better with white socks I think. It was an interesting matchup with this first time combo and the Broncos' color rush. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 11/15/2021 at 2:55 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

It looks better than the reverse imo (Black jersey over white pants) since the white jerseys still have green numbers, so its a better balance of black and green.

But the green pants still look better (and I too would love gray pants)

I completely disagree on that, I think I would even rather see black jerseys with green pants before this look again.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Weapon X said:

I completely disagree on that, I think I would even rather see black jerseys with green pants before this look again.

You're no fun.

I think its fine if they only bust this out once or twice a year.

I may even say I like it better than when they wear all white.