NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

19 hours ago, selgy said:

The "aquafresh" pipping was terrible

41zplDtMR7L.jpg

I hated that uniform, the piping had no point. Also I was never gonna like it with what it replaced. When it happened the talk was ownership made the move because it was a cheaper uniform as a money saving option. I still miss the prowler. 

• Like 1

#DTWD #GoJaguars

The issue with that aquafresh piping was that it went through so many changes under Reebok depending on what kind of template was used. And for players like MJD, he wore all three. A design function that can't translate well through different players on the same team is not good. 

91026154_original.jpg?1279761039

136319809.jpg

4dccf8c296f689afd6764e04b9316823.jpg

hi-res-131162524_crop_north.jpg?13686428

• Like 21

Go A's!

8 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Wow the first version was actually not that bad imo. Still missing a bit of gold but it looks alright

They’re all the same version, just different cuts that they couldn’t/wouldn’t make the stripes the same across the cuts and templates.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

The issue with that aquafresh piping was that it went through so many changes under Reebok depending on what kind of template was used. And for players like MJD, he wore all three. A design function that can't translate well through different players on the same team is not good. 

91026154_original.jpg?1279761039

136319809.jpg

4dccf8c296f689afd6764e04b9316823.jpg

hi-res-131162524_crop_north.jpg?13686428

Your point is right on. The striping was very inconsistent. Over the past decade NFL uniforms look cheap. From quality of design to fabric and uniform cuts. I think the league has tried to sell cost cutting measures as progressive uniform design.

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, O.C.D said:

Your point is right on. The striping was very inconsistent. Over the past decade NFL uniforms look cheap. From quality of design to fabric and uniform cuts. I think the league has tried to sell cost cutting measures as progressive uniform design.

What are you going off about? How are using seamless, form fitting, moisture wicking, lighter, stronger fabrics cheap and cost cutting? 

• Like 7
  • WOAH 1

6 hours ago, O.C.D said:

The striping was inconsistent on Reebok jerseys, which haven’t been worn for a decade. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Wentz asked Michael Pittman if he could buy #11 from him and Pittman refused (he apparently told the story while playing video games on twitch) and Wentz said it didn’t matter because he was going to change anyway. So it didn’t matter because he was going to change anyway, but he asked about buying it - which is it? Dude is such a bad liar.  He’s such a baby he probably won’t throw to Pittman now and will work behind the scenes to get him traded. 

• Like 5
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Wentz asked Michael Pittman if he could buy #11 from him and Pittman refused (he apparently told the story while playing video games on twitch) and Wentz said it didn’t matter because he was going to change anyway. So it didn’t matter because he was going to change anyway, but he asked about buying it - which is it? Dude is such a bad liar.  He’s such a baby he probably won’t throw to Pittman now and will work behind the scenes to get him traded. 

The way the Indianapolis Star reported it, Wentz asked whether Pittman was willing to give up the number. Pittman said he wanted to keep it, Wentz basically said "OK, cool." Pittman then called Wentz a "great dude" for being respectful and asking. 

Not exactly sure how this translates into Wentz being a liar and a baby. 

"(Wentz) asked me how locked in I am on No. 11," Pittman said, referencing a conversation with his new quarterback. "I told him I'm pretty locked in. He said, 'Alright, that's fine. I'm going to change anyway.'

"I'm staying No. 11."

On a TMZ Sports video posted Monday, Pittman added of his conversation: "It went really well. He's a cool guy. Didn't try to press me. He asked me respectfully and I appreciate him for that. He's a great dude. Lots of guys with his status would come in and demand (their number). I think he's a really great dude and I get to keep 11.

"I don't think there is any deal that's going to be done. I wouldn't feel right taking money from someone over a football number."

SOURCE: Indianapolis Star

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

If you’re changing anyway, then why ask the guy how locked-in he is?  He obviously wasn’t planning on changing anyway. It’s admittedly nit picky, but considering how he behaved here whenever he didn’t get his way, I’m sure he’s plotting Pittman’s trade or release. I mean not really, but not not really. 

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

If you’re changing anyway, then why ask the guy how locked-in he is?  He obviously wasn’t planning on changing anyway. It’s admittedly nit picky, but considering how he behaved here whenever he didn’t get his way, I’m sure he’s plotting Pittman’s trade or release. I mean not really, but not not really. 

since it's Pittman speaking and not Wentz, he's probably paraphrasing the discussion. I know Wentz didn't leave on the best of terms, but kicking him in the shins on the way out the door just seems like sour grapes. So does Wentz go with 13 or do people forget Andrew Luck existed and give him 12?

• Like 8

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

28 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Because it's better to ask than assume? Maybe Wentz went in to the conversation assuming he was going to have to change his number, but figured he'd ask just in case Pittman was open to it. I feel like that is a pretty normal way to go about things. You assume you have to go with Plan B, but why not just confirm whether or not Plan A is possible first rather than assuming it isn't.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1