NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

19 hours ago, colortv said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30917924/jacksonville-jaguars-returning-teal-primary-home-uniform-color-2021

Where does the Jaguars equipment manager get off saying they're the only NFL team that uses teal, they aren't even the only team in Florida.

dolphins-vs-jaguars.jpg

Because the dolphins use aqua and it’s not even close to teal. The eagle midnight green is closer.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, dont care said:

Because the dolphins use aqua and it’s not even close to teal. The eagle midnight green is closer.

They do use aqua and I agree the Eagles are closer, though depending on the lighting and application it's not that far off. The background "aqua" here looks nearly as teal at the Jaguar tongue, and the Jags uniforms often look brighter than most teals.

usatsi_11088756.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

• Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 4:45 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Who are they? That's Dallas, where they STILL play on astroturf (however named).

I think he meant football players in general, who used to play on those inexcusable carpet-on-concrete surfaces like the Vet and the Astrodome.

• Like 10

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

They do use aqua and I agree the Eagles are closer, though depending on the lighting and application it's not that far off. The background "aqua" here looks nearly as teal at the Jaguar tongue, and the Jags uniforms often look brighter than most teals.

I don't think I really noticed until now how unnecessarily HUGE those collars are. 

Also, those Jaguars jerseys still look like unfinished practice jerseys, with patch to boot.

• Like 10

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I don't think I really noticed until now how unnecessarily HUGE those collars are. 

Also, those Jaguars jerseys still look like unfinished practice jerseys, with patch to boot.

The black part isn’t part of the collar, it wraps around the collar seam.

4 hours ago, tBBP said:

A black or gold or black and gold outline on the numbers would go a long way.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

The Jaguars are so close to good unis (outlines and a pant stripe. Oh and bring back the flaked helmet) but what pisses me off about these is that they took the time to outline the numbers anyway, just in the same color as the jersey, why not make those outlines black or gold here? And teal on the black and white jerseys)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

IMO, the Jaguars could easily merge their current set and prior set to have a good-to-great set

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’ll be honest, going back and seeing the old set makes me think it wasn’t too far off from being good. Changing the helmet to either completely matte or gloss black, and then eliminating some of the reliance on black, and you’ve got a solid set. The two-tone helmet really ruined it though.

• Like 11

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I've grown to like their simplicity but especially compared to the previous few sets. I'm fine without the gold or at least very minimal. ( See mustard jerseys ) that being said the numerals need contrasting outlines and give us some back double/triple stripes on the sleeves and pants. The team still uses the previous font on social graphics and website, so it's definitely not out of the question to see it make a return but the return to teal is a wonderful start after the team trying to phase it out less than a decade ago. 

Something like this with the modern striping yet simplified uniform.

• Like 4

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I honestly really liked the Jags previous set. 

The white Jersey with the teal numbers & gold outline is really nice. 

Even the Black & Teal set are nice looking 

I thought the should colors made them one of the more unique teams in the league.  

Only thing they really should have changed was the helmet. 

The new uniforms are just so plain looking. 

• Like 4

The new jags set is a perfect example of perfectly acceptable, but bland.

The set looks nice. There's nothing inherently wrong with it. It's just got nothing exciting. It's literally one color with a different color number and tiny details on the sleeves and pants.

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

IMO, the Jaguars could easily merge their current set and prior set to have a good-to-great set

spacer.png

spacer.png

Absolutely. Take that old teal jersey, make the shoulder the same color as the jersey (with the new teal), and maybe the numbers in white/black in the old font? Gold stripes added somewhere, but man that works.

I could see why people don't love it, but I think Jacksonville peaked with Super Bowl champion coordinator Byron Leftwich:

baf86bfb7d83334b819c7bf15ad20f9b.jpg

quarterback-byron-leftwich-of-the-jackso

NFL-FOOTBALL.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'd flip the gold and black outlines on teal and slide the teal a little more toward a jungle green, but otherwise those uniforms are tough to beat. It's been all downhill since.

Would it be too much trouble to have two sets of white pants in such a set: teal center stripes at home and black center stripes on the road? BGTGB versus TGBGT? Would that just invite pants mixups?

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I could see why people don't love it, but I think Jacksonville peaked with Super Bowl champion coordinator Byron Leftwich:

baf86bfb7d83334b819c7bf15ad20f9b.jpg

quarterback-byron-leftwich-of-the-jackso

NFL-FOOTBALL.jpg

We can cut that last image off, as they had officially* become the "Blaguars" by that point--but otherwise yeah, this (& with the white pants) was their peak. If they were to revive this, whether they opt for teal or black numbers on the away jerseys, they absolutely must have teal away pants...really all they'd need to do is color-flip the black and teal from those black pants and leave the gold trim exactly as is. Bam, bingo--done.

*as designated by the guy who grew up rooting for his central and north Florida teams.

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I'd flip the gold and black outlines on teal and slide the teal a little more toward a jungle green, but otherwise those uniforms are tough to beat. It's been all downhill since.

Would it be too much trouble to have two sets of white pants in such a set: teal center stripes at home and black center stripes on the road? BGTGB versus TGBGT? Would that just invite pants mixups?

I’ve long thought the Jags could get away with not having white pants at all in their set, if they really wanted to.

• Like 1

I feel like I'm about to rustle some feathers, but I also somewhat liked the Jags' pre-Nikefied uniforms, worn for their first year with Nike. They were pretty much the more detailed version of their current set, albeit with the awesome teal-flake helmet.

Image result for jaguars 2012

• Like 6
  • Yawn 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)