NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

3 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

The gold trim on the number looks more like gold (matching that patch) versus the one on the shoulder which is more mustard.

Nike has a satin twill options for their numbers that I'm pretty sure the ravens use and possibly the jaguars' used on their numbers. If they could find a way to use that on jerseys would be huge. 

43 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

geez, I miss those uniforms... 

This should be the 1st question when before ever accepting a redesign. Is it an improvement over what we currently have? More often than not the answer is NO. In the case of JAX they got it right year 4 and have been thrashing around ever since.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Bruhammydude said:

Unpopular Opinion Time: The Jaguars should wear teal jerseys and teal pants as their primary uniforms. It creates a nice symmetry when with the black socks, and honestly, I'm a big sucker for the teal they use. Here's what I think they should wear, all with black socks.

Teal Jerseys/Teal Pants: ~4 home games a year

Teal Jerseys/White Pants: ~2 home games a year

White Jerseys/Teal Pants: ~6 road games a year

White Jerseys/White Pants: ~2 road games a year, maybe at home but the teal is light enough to be worn in warm weather

Black Jerseys/Teal Pants: ~2 home games a year

Black Jerseys/White Pants: Never, its too black heavy. Burn the black pants too.

This certainly is an interesting suggestion, but I feel that if they go this route, they would look too similar to the other teal team in the league, the Dolphins. I would keep the black jerseys/pants because they help to differentiate them from their similarly-colored, in-state companions.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

5 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I'd really like them to make the away numbers teal, though if they're going to be allowed to make a change, I think I'd rather them just do a small rebrand, one that isn't close to boring.

The only things they’d be able to change right now are the pants and socks

11 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

With the teams heavily relying on jersey sales and not pants or helmet sales, why would you not include your secondary color on your jersey?

That’s really putting the cart before the horse.  Good on teams that don’t fall into that trap. 

i would disagree that teams don’t rely on helmet sales, since helmets feature prominently on so much merchandise.  Helmet design absolutely does impact merch.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

Image result for eagles home uniform

I didn't realize just how similar Jacksonville's teal and Philly's midnight green are until I saw this pic. They're really not that different. 

That's one of the reasons the Eagles stuck with the old template and materials when Nike took over at first. Nike couldn't make the color and still can't. Go back to kelly green.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

That's one of the reasons the Eagles stuck with the old template and materials when Nike took over at first. Nike couldn't make the color and still can't. Go back to kelly green.

Pleeeeeease. On-field product is going to disappoint Eagles fans like me for the foreseeable future, at least give us something aesthetically pleasing to support!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Image result for eagles home uniform

I didn't realize just how similar Jacksonville's teal and Philly's midnight green are until I saw this pic. They're really not that different. 

Not really. Here's two photos of the uniforms under a bright sun. You can easily tell that these two are not that similar at all. One is more blue while the other is more green. 

82892329-850x560.jpeg

carson-wentz-of-the-philadelphia-eagles-

• Like 9

Go A's!

On 2/17/2021 at 1:18 PM, phutmasterflex said:

1999-2001 (No changes) 

oct-2000-quarterback-mark-brunell-of-the

2002 (Black jersey and black pants with stripes introduced. Black pants paired with all three jerseys. Worn for next two seasons. Team also alters collar for NFL Equipment logo.)

It is madness that they used to play on astroturf. Have to think that contributes a great deal to CTE

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

4 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

It is madness that they used to play on astroturf. Have to think that contributes a great deal to CTE

Who are they? That's Dallas, where they STILL play on astroturf (however named).

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1

It's where I sit.

5 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Who are they? That's Dallas, where they STILL play on astroturf (however named).

They don't. It's a form of field turf, not astro turf. 

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dallas-cowboys-make-hellas-construction-official-turf-provider-300565373.html#:~:text=The Dallas Cowboys home field,Hellas for another 10 years.

• Like 5

Go A's!

Honestly, the Jaguars current set has grown on me quite a bit since it was initially unveiled. Sure, it is a bit simplistic and may at worst even look somewhat like a "practice jersey," but as @oldschoolvikings said, that isn't really much to complain about given some of the uniforms we've gotten over the past few years. Having teal as the primary is absolutely a huge upgrade, as wearing the combos that include teal really improves this set. 

Not to self-plug, but I think a combination of elements from each of the Jags' past sets (except the Reebok piping years, I didn't like those at all, beyond the helmet) I think the Jaguars could come upon a perfect set for themselves. Using a number font similar to the 2013 redesign, the striping from the current set, with the inclusion of bits of gold from the inaugural uniforms, I can't think of anything else I would change:

VORWVje.png

• Like 15

On 2/3/2021 at 1:59 PM, LogoFan said:

This is what the Falcons and Saints remind me of when they go with their unitard look.  Essentially long-johns without the butt-flap, but knowing Nike, they'll try that at some point.
The only difference is the presence of numbers on the NFL uniforms.  Just say "NO'.  It's a bad, bad look.

spacer.png

Image result for mitt romney happy gif

• Like 2