2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

21 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I came to a similar conclusion once their alternate uniform came out; pairing it down to burgundy, navy, and white is my favorite path. There’s something so fresh, crisp, and cold about this color scheme, and I totally think it would translate well to the home/road and logos. It evokes the concept of high altitude and snow much better than the medium blue and silver, in my opinion.

spacer.png

Maybe it's me, but those colors look muddy when paired together.

• Like 5

On 6/7/2021 at 11:54 PM, CreamSoda said:

that uniform is too dark for me.  I personally think it looks better with the slate blue. 

erik-johnson-nhl-st.-louis-blues-colorad

• Like 3
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

5 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Not sure if this is in agreement or sarcasm, but I personally loved that uniform.  

Add a hem strip and take away the black 'pit stains' and I would easily add this to my collection of Av's jerseys (FWIW that jersey was nicknames the 'blueberries' by Avs fans).

• Like 1

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

10 minutes ago, logo-maker said:

Add a hem strip and take away the black 'pit stains' and I would easily add this to my collection of Av's jerseys (FWIW that jersey was nicknames the 'blueberries' by Avs fans).

it was so much better than the unipron look.  

• Like 2

If it comes down to diagonal-text Avs alternates, I still prefer this one.

selanne-kariya.jpg

Random: But every Av in this photo except Skoula is in the Hall of Fame😮

• Like 11
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Every diagonal text jersey that isn't the Rangers just looks so ineffective to me. I don't know if it's because of the number of letters and the size that they end up being scaled to, or if it's just because I identify that look with the Rangers and any team who tries to mimic it just automatically appears inferior by comparison. Either way I don't like them.

• Like 4

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

18 hours ago, nash61 said:

If it comes down to diagonal-text Avs alternates, I still prefer this one.

selanne-kariya.jpg

Random: But every Av in this photo except Skoula is in the Hall of Fame😮

Okay...I'm really annoyed that I never noticed the sleeve stripes don't match the hem and socks. I'm never gonna be able to unsee this now. 

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 6/9/2021 at 7:21 PM, nash61 said:

selanne-kariya.jpg

I believe I've mentioned it on the boards once or twice before, but a real improvement the switch to EDGE brought was the tailoring of the jerseys.

Pre-EDGE jerseys were so baggy. The arm stripe is almost in the gloves, the shoulder patch is on the upper arm, Skoula is almost drowning in the shoulders of his jersey.

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png

4 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I believe I've mentioned it on the boards once or twice before, but a real improvement the switch to EDGE brought was the tailoring of the jerseys.

Pre-EDGE jerseys were so baggy. The arm stripe is almost in the gloves, the shoulder patch is on the upper arm, Skoula is almost drowning in the shoulders of his jersey.

Well the biggest change in that was actually the style. Baggy fitting stuff was super in back then. 

I remember reading an article somewhere, about an NHLer, I can’t remember who, who said they loved to copy Mike Modano with his super baggy jerseys, because they thought he just looked so cool in it. They also said that apparently Mike Modano convinced the equipment staff in Dallas,  during one of his first seasons there to let him have a larger size jersey. They finally did, and that’s another reason the baggier jerseys really caught on in the NHL. I have no clue how true that is, and I’m not sure where to find a source, but I definitely think of that story when I think of the large jerseys of that era. 

• Like 2

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Most teams didn't actually make any money off the helmet ads this year, they essentially allowed them to keep sponsorship revenue that would've been owed back to companies due to the shortened season/lack of fans. Starting next year they'll actually get to use it as a new revenue stream.

At this point I would bet on us getting jersey ads by the end of the decade.

It's a tiny sliver of a silver lining, but at least the Bell logo fits the Jets colour scheme better than Canada Life's.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

If you actually believed the "helmet ads are only for one year" stuff, you're now officially a sucker.  

I thought it was just gonna be for the pandemic...but yeah it officially sucks. Five years...

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 6/8/2021 at 11:38 PM, nash61 said:

erik-johnson-nhl-st.-louis-blues-colorad

This really is a lovely shade of blue. I wonder what it would look like if you put the main Avs logo on this jersey instead of the diagonal word mark

• Like 2