2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

52 minutes ago, AndrewG70 said:

The point I’m making is if the NHL promises to keep ads off the jerseys, I can live with them being on the helmets.

They brought in helmet ads under false pretenses and permanent. Jersey ads are coming even if the NHL promises they aren't

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndrewG70 said:

The point I’m making is if the NHL promises to keep ads off the jerseys, I can live with them being on the helmets.

You’re a fool if you believe that. What will really happen is they will wait a few years and add ads to the jerseys and hope no one remembered.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, O.C.D said:

They brought in helmet ads under false pretenses and permanent. Jersey ads are coming even if the NHL promises they aren't

8 minutes ago, dont care said:

You’re a fool if you believe that. What will really happen is they will wait a few years and add ads to the jerseys and hope no one remembered.

That's what I said about the need of regulation. It's to prevent and put a stop on the practice. Of course, it'll take a million voices for the NHL to notice, but I doubt that.

1 hour ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

That's what I said about the need of regulation. It's to prevent and put a stop on the practice. Of course, it'll take a million voices for the NHL to notice, but I doubt that.

Who creates the regulation? Oh yea the league and owner who will just change it when it’s convenient to them.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Who creates the regulation? Oh yea the league and owner who will just change it when it’s convenient to them.

That's why I said I doubt it. I'm not that naive when it comes to these issues. Whether or not it happens depends on the higher-ups, because they lack jersey design taste and aesthetic.

9 hours ago, DrAwesomeberry said:

That's really the core of the issue here. If the ownership gets more money by putting a patch/sticker on the uniform, and the only negative is "a percentage of the fanbase is annoyed but keeps watching regardless," why wouldn't they?

And honestly, the digitally superimposed ads next to the blue lines bothered me waaaaaaay more than the helmet stickers this year. At least the stickers don't randomly start jittering around the playing surface.

Because some people care about the historical identities and aesthetics of these teams- such as those who might look for a web forum dedicated to sports logos and uniforms- and they might dislike this sort of thing?

Look, if you just don't care then cool. Don't care. Thing is this sort of community caters to the kind of people who do care, and so I find the "why do you care?"/"devil's advocate" position here to be just a bit odd for this place.

• Like 9

On 6/16/2021 at 1:29 PM, ManillaToad said:

We will never see the Kraken's uniforms without corporate advertising

[sarcasm]So it will be normal and we should gripe if they are ever produced without them[/sarcasm]

It's where I sit.

Just now, officeglenn said:

I was OK with this until "modernized look." That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

On the one hand, I'm tired of teams bringing back older uniforms without fixing any of the weird inconsistencies of the era (see Flames and their stripe widths). On the other hand, I don't trust the Oilers whatsoever with uniform decisions. The only "modernization" of the royal blues I'd tolerate would be to keep their current number style.

• Like 5

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

15 minutes ago, youcan'tseeme said:

Edmonton is doing their best to make up for the lack of bad uniforms in the province now that Calgary finally (mostly, why is it still a third jersey?) theirs.

I'm pretty sure Calgary kept the previous monstrosity around for one year to try and clear out as much inventory as possible. My guess is that it's gone next season, and they keep Blasty around as a permanent third. 

• Like 6