2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

Honestly, the only part I find really not good about them is the black. If that was green, I'd actually like them well enough; they'd still be mediocre, but at least they wouldn't be dipping into BFBS.

The idea of a double-sided jersey that looks different depending on which side is facing outwards is actually pretty neat, too; I just wish it'd been applied to a better concept than this.

2 hours ago, beachperroAZ said:

It is kind of like when the Toronto Blue Jays went black jays on us for awhile. 

At the very least, this is just an alternate. BFBS for sure I'll give you that. But I've already seen plenty of "drip" and "fresh" comments so this is a hit with the targeted crowd lol

Anything to distract people from the fact that they haven't won a playoffs series since 2004 I guess 😂

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Honestly, the only part I find really not good about them is the black. If that was green, I'd actually like them well enough; they'd still be mediocre, but at least they wouldn't be dipping into BFBS.

The idea of a double-sided jersey that looks different depending on which side is facing outwards is actually pretty neat, too; I just wish it'd been applied to a better concept than this.

Possibly inspired by the inside out Air Max 1s?

spacer.png

is this an official alternate jersey?  

If so, what are the rules for alternate jerseys in the NHL?  Is there a 3 year minimum or whatever they have to have these and wear them at least 12 games a year?

Or is just a one off jersey for this season?

2 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

is this an official alternate jersey?  

If so, what are the rules for alternate jerseys in the NHL?  Is there a 3 year minimum or whatever they have to have these and wear them at least 12 games a year?

Or is just a one off jersey for this season?

From the mothership's writeup:

Note that this is *not* a “one-off” uniform, though the story behind it and its non-traditional design does give it that impression. Officially, this is classified as an alternate uniform (or “Third Uniform,” as the NHL refers to them); per league rules, an alternate uniform such as this must be kept for three seasons and worn during at least four games per season.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

I could've sworn before reading that article that the rule was 12 games per season. I wonder if they changed it - and if so - why?

Alternates can be worn a total of 15 games.  I think that includes a permanent alternate and a vintage jersey or outdoor game jerseys.  Four games is probably the minimum number a jersey must be worn.

As for the Leafs new alt...glad I'm not a Leafs fan.  As other have said, as a fashion jersey only, okay.  As a one off, maybe.  But as a full time alternate, nope.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

And instead of being a separate jersey, the black & gold look the team teased is just this jersey turned inside out. 

spacer.png

As a fashion jersey? Gorgeous. But these should have stayed on Justin Bieber and not the players.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nash61 said:

Mismatched socks are for Down Syndrome awareness

lmao is this a Nick Mullen joke?

EDIT: oh my god it's not, I'm dying

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Perfect...as long as the Lightning insist on looking like Leafs knockoffs, it's only fair for the Leafs to look like bad Lightning knockoffs :D

/s 

• Love 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

don't mind them even if they are BFBS/stealth/black on black numbers, but for the leafs? ugh

as an alternate or not it's pretty cool to be reversible with a striking design (imo) on both sides, but for the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS. nah. nuh-uh. nope. not to mention the tiktok helmet sponsor on top of that!

• Like 1