2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

11 hours ago, Mr. Krabs said:

As I always ask this time of year, is there any word of which teams will use their alternate uniforms in the postseason? I'm guessing the Canes will use theirs for a fourth consecutive year.

Looking at the standings, I think the Canes might be the only one. If Vegas makes it, I could see them using their gold jersey for the playoffs.

On 4/12/2022 at 6:11 PM, Chewbacca said:

I hope Montreal eventually goes back, I love the brighter red.

Totally agree. The darker red and royal blue doesn't have as strong of a contrast as the classic lighter red. Also, the Canadiens need to go back to the single red outline around their blue font on their whites. There was no need to update on of the most timeless uniforms in pro sports history.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

57 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Totally agree. The darker red and royal blue doesn't have as strong of a contrast as the classic lighter red. Also, the Canadiens need to go back to the single red outline around their blue font on their whites. There was no need to update on of the most timeless uniforms in pro sports history.

I must've missed something. Did Montreal change their shade of red? 

XM4KeeA.png

16 minutes ago, insert name said:

I must've missed something. Did Montreal change their shade of red? 

It's been a darker red and blue since the 1999-2000 season, yeah. Using TruColor, the current shade of red has a hex value of #A6192E and the previous has a value of #C8102E. Same with the blue; since 1999-2000, it's been #001E62 when the previous was #003087.

On 4/29/2022 at 3:00 PM, Delicate Genius said:

Tonight's regular season finale is the last game ever for pylon orange uniforms.

What an absolute shame. Those are the best uniforms they've ever worn and it's not even close.

Wayne Gretzky isn't walking through that door.

• Dislike 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

33 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

What an absolute shame. Those are the best uniforms they've ever worn and it's not even close.

Wayne Gretzky isn't walking through that door.

I'm sorry, but the pylon orange jerseys are absolutely not the best uniforms the Oilers have ever worn; that's a take ripe for the Unpopular Opinions thread.

The only time that those colors worked has been on the alternate, and that set is still pretty damn mediocre, all things considered; meanwhile, the home jersey looks like someone barfed Dayglo all over the team's jersey and the road looks more black than blue with how damn dark the navy is.

There are teams in the NHL, like Seattle or Columbus, that pull off navy blue very, very well. The Oilers are not one of those teams; they should've just kept their look the same like other teams did in the transition from the Reebok template to the Adidas one.

• Like 6

If you ask me, the Oilers need to dump navy and embrace orange as the main color.

10023615-MNNewEdmontonOilersALtJersey1_6EtBS-KDXIAIuzSZ.jpg

This would easily be one of the best jersey sets in the league. Just tweak the home jersey to match the three-stripe pattern we've gotten used to over the years and it's perfect.

• Like 11
  • Dislike 2

The orange jerseys with navy trim look 100x better than the orange jerseys with royal. However, the royal blue set looks better than the navy. They should just go back to the royal set, but I'd like to see them keep the single outline numbers. I was never a fan of the thin blue outline between the orange & white.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

20 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

The double outline was absolutely necessary on the white jerseys. Blue and red never touched except on the numbers where they bled into each other and looked like crap. It was an absolutely necessary change and the updated (since '97) name and number font is also much better than the thin generic block font they used prior to that

Also, I prefer the darker red because we're the only ones wearing that shade of red. Most people won't even notice that their jerseys are darker than the Red Wings or Flames unless you point it out to them so it's not like it's burgundy or anything

The only thing they need to fix is the chin strap on the blue helmets lol. Make em white instead of black. That's it. Otherwise it's perfect. I wouldn't even touch the mismatching shades of blue on the pants and jerseys. End of rant

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

52 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

The double outline was absolutely necessary on the white jerseys. Blue and red never touched except on the numbers where they bled into each other and looked like crap. It was an absolutely necessary change and the updated (since '97) name and number font is also much better than the thin generic block font they used prior to that

Also, I prefer the darker red because we're the only ones wearing that shade of red. Most people won't even notice that their jerseys are darker than the Red Wings or Flames unless you point it out to them so it's not like it's burgundy or anything

The only thing they need to fix is the chin strap on the blue helmets lol. Make em white instead of black. That's it. Otherwise it's perfect. I wouldn't even touch the mismatching shades of blue on the pants and jerseys. End of rant

Agree to disagree. Lighter shade of red looks a lot better with royal blue helmets and pants.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

19 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

If you ask me, the Oilers need to dump navy and embrace orange as the main color.

10023615-MNNewEdmontonOilersALtJersey1_6EtBS-KDXIAIuzSZ.jpg

This would easily be one of the best jersey sets in the league. Just tweak the home jersey to match the three-stripe pattern we've gotten used to over the years and it's perfect.

Me thinks an orange jersey plus orange breezers would take some additional blue to avoid being gaudy.   Or maybe they go blue jersey with plenty of orange trim to still feel like an "orange" team.

Maybe unpopular, but I don't particularly care if they go royal or navy.  I don't think they've ever had a bad color scheme: even the navy, copper, and red looked good.  IMO their only bad jersey ever is the one with no white.

On 4/21/2022 at 9:21 PM, WSU151 said:

The most frustrating NHL games to watch are Toronto vs Tampa. 

They’re like the Property Brothers of sports. 

To be completely honest, TB using blue and white without a million little black outlines has been a refreshing color change, compared to their previously stale templates of black and blue where the blue got muddied.

However, Tampa Bay needs some black, to set them apart from playing Maple Leafs dressup. Keep the jerseys intact, but change the pants/helmets to black. They use black on their number and pant bolt outlines. The current TB look is one or two tweaks away from being spot on.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, _RH_ said:

Maybe unpopular, but I don't particularly care if they go royal or navy.  I don't think they've ever had a bad color scheme: even the navy, copper, and red looked good.  IMO their only bad jersey ever is the one with no white.

So you're telling me you liked these?!

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Hurl 3