2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

2 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

Looks like the subtle little Primegreen "END PLASTIC WASTE" tags are on some of the in-game jerseys. Note how the Coyotes have them but the Ducks don't.

AP21273141842039-2.jpg?w=620

1235590567.0.jpg

aaa68e5a5db74ed2bf65ea6bdc58a7b8.jpg

Looks like the ducks are just wearing old jerseys for preseason. Unless we se the crests and they have the extra flourishes the New Jersey’s do

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dont care said:

Looks like the ducks are just wearing old jerseys for preseason. Unless we se the crests and they have the extra flourishes the New Jersey’s do

They don't. Or maybe they do but I'm not really sure.

If any change has been made, it's so subtle that no one would notice.

On 9/28/2021 at 9:44 AM, wildwing64 said:

It looks like the white outline in the middle of the D is slightly more bevelled, but otherwise I'm not seeing any obvious change to the Ducks crest. I'd like to think it's an early sign that these uniforms are on the way out, except there's now embroidery on the shoulder patches so hooray for that I guess.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

21 hours ago, IceCap said:

@AFirestormToPurify you should really learn to detect dry sarcasm better. 

Or maybe you should learn to detect casual racism better? Either way, the other mod deleted the harmful comment, and rightfully so cause this kind of comment was uncalled for and out of topic especially on a forum about sports uniforms. There was no need for you to chime in when the issue was already resolved. No need to drag this out any further

13 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Or maybe you should learn to detect casual racism better? Either way, the other mod deleted the harmful comment, and rightfully so cause this kind of comment was uncalled for and out of topic especially on a forum about sports uniforms. There was no need for you to chime in when the issue was already resolved. No need to drag this out any further

* ethnocentrism or offensive based on national origin. Probably not racism because by most definitions, French Canadien is no more a race than, e.g., Pennsylvania Dutch. It's important that since the original post is now censored, at least we can properly characterize what was offensive about it.

• Like 2

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

17 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

* ethnocentrism or offensive based on national origin. Probably not racism because by most definitions, French Canadien is no more a race than, e.g., Pennsylvania Dutch. It's important that since the original post is now censored, at least we can properly characterize what was offensive about it.

"A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as distinct by society. The term was first used to refer to speakers of a common language and then to denote national affiliations."

No need to be pedantic. I get what you're trying to say but again, a mod resolved the issue. A sports logo forum isn't the place to be discussing this. Let's move on

1 hour ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

"A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as distinct by society. The term was first used to refer to speakers of a common language and then to denote national affiliations."

No need to be pedantic. I get what you're trying to say but again, a mod resolved the issue. A sports logo forum isn't the place to be discussing this. Let's move on

I only draw the distinction because Equal Protection jurisprudence under the 14th Amendment draws the same distinction. That is all.

• Like 1

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

2 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

French Canadian isn't a race. It's an ethnicity, but it's not a race.

Finish quoting the internet there, "A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as distinct by society. The term was first used to refer to speakers of a common language and then to denote national affiliations... By the 17th century the term began to refer to physical (phenotypical) traits." So like only living pre-1600s maybe makes what he said racist.

I don't even remember what the original post said at this point, but it definitely wasn't racist. Like Mingjai said, it's ethnocentrism or offensive based on national origin or maybe even xenophobic, but not racist. Even on a dumb sports logos forum such as this, we can't be going around misusing the term "racism" because it cheapens the sentiment when we, the collective we, need to properly identify and call out racism.

• Like 3

IbjBaeE.png

You're all missing the point here. This kind of comment just doesn't fly anymore. You can argue semantics all you want, I just don't wanna see that kinda casual disdain/hatred for a specific group of people on a sports forum. I don't care that it's a joke or meant to be sarcasm. I just don't find it funny

The mod removed it and I'm sure the original poster didn't mean to offend anyone so I don't wanna start fights or anything. I'm done replying to this situation, don't bother quoting me

• Like 1

I sure do enjoy discussing what is and isn't a race on a forum dedicated to sports logos.

Anywaaaay, I think Seattle's brand is really good, but someone pointed out to me how much thicker the outline on their main logo is, and now I can't unsee it. Its not bad per se, but it makes it look off when put next to the logos of other teams.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I sure do enjoy discussing what is and isn't a race on a forum dedicated to sports logos.

Thanks overly racialized culture!

Anywaaaay, I think Seattle's brand is really good, but someone pointed out to me how much thicker the outline on their main logo is, and now I can't unsee it. Its not bad per se, but it makes it look off when put next to the logos of other teams.

That’s how it goes when you have to contain a giant eyeball inside the outline.

• Like 1

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Or maybe you should learn to detect casual racism better?

My point is that @the admiral was mocking sunbelt fans who hold Canadian markets- particularly the ones in French speaking areas- in disdain. 

He did it in a dry, sarcastic way but if you're familiar with his stance on these things you'd know what he was saying. 

• Like 7