2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

25 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

I'm surprised that they're adding more material given how much discussion they've had about making jerseys lighter by removing material.

Especially that adidas even advertised new crests -used by few teams- where some of their elements were made from same fabric as jersey to be lighter.

BTW now Sharks would need to remove their sleeves stripes 😆

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

Thank God the Blackhawks aren't doing anything :censored:y with their crest.

uwl5x6xub2q71.jpg

• Like 4

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm scared to say this but... I sort of like the look of these 😬

The crests really pop but also has the slightest feel of a fauxback because of the stitching without being gimmicky.

For some reason, I even like the colors of the uniform itself more too. Maybe its just the photos? 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

what color are the numbers supposed to be?  From the tweeted photos of the scrimmage game they appeared to be the brightest blue, the largest/upper stripe.

But the video you posted and on tv they look more like the bottom stripe.  

I had the same interpretation as you!

Adidas is doing a fantastic job with the NHL. I never thought I'd say that, when I heard they would be taking over from Reebok, I thought we'd see another gimmicky Edge system 2.0 (3.0?) with piping and weird cuts and all. The collars looked a bit weird at first but now I don't really mind them anymore. And even then, it's not that bad on most teams. Those new logos mostly look great

Looking at the other big 3 leagues, I'm really glad Nike isn't outfitting the NHL. Which is a shame because their jerseys from the late 90s were pretty good

On 9/26/2021 at 10:33 PM, CreamSoda said:

what color are the numbers supposed to be?  From the tweeted photos of the scrimmage game they appeared to be the brightest blue, the largest/upper stripe.

But the video you posted and on tv they look more like the bottom stripe.  

Feels like the lighting in the arena is playing tricks on my eyes, because my interpretation of what color it is keeps changing. Here, I think, the greener/paler blue looks to be used for the numbers, and it's outlined with the icier blue. Which does look different than how it appeared on that video clip of the goal. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NYRFan said:

Feels like the lighting in the arena is playing tricks on my eyes, because my interpretation of what color it is keeps changing. Here, I think, thr greener/paler blue looks to be used for the numbers, and it's outlined with the icier blue. Which does look different than how it appeared on that video clip of the goal. 

In the video clip the numbers were in shadow so looked darker. That is it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Adidas is doing a fantastic job with the NHL. I never thought I'd say that, when I heard they would be taking over from Reebok, I thought we'd see another gimmicky Edge system 2.0 (3.0?) with piping and weird cuts and all. The collars looked a bit weird at first but now I don't really mind them anymore.

They still need to fix those awfully  big/horseshoes like collars. Say what you want about them, but one of the few things Reebok did right were the collars (for the most part)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

They still need to fix those awfully  big/horseshoes like collars. Say what you want about them, but one of the few things Reebok did right were the collars (for the most part)

Nah, I can't agree with that, sorry. They had some pretty awful collars like this one

spacer.png

And they made the collar laces a strictly visual and ineffectual element

spacer.png

Also as a fan, the adidas collars are much more comfortable imo

• Like 1

I feel like my cynical side is seeing the crest embellishments as a league-wide attempt to differentiate authentic gear from counterfeit products. It’s not a complaint, at all. I really like what I’ve seen so far. And as what was mentioned above, I agree that it’s beyond time to get rid of the nasty collars. 

• Like 3

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

It looks like the white outline in the middle of the D is slightly more bevelled, but otherwise I'm not seeing any obvious change to the Ducks crest. I'd like to think it's an early sign that these uniforms are on the way out, except there's now embroidery on the shoulder patches so hooray for that I guess.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

19 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Looking at the other big 3 leagues, I'm really glad Nike isn't outfitting the NHL. Which is a shame because their jerseys from the late 90s were pretty good

Why? Nike seems to do fine with their NCAA teams. I think they would do okay outfitting the NHL.

gallery_image__27_.0.jpg

Nelson_Jaxon_0469.jpg

20180104_ihm_cecconi.jpg

IHM19_Clarkson_Sat_095_.jpg

HLPBFKBVZBCOPCR47XTVI4RR7I.JPG

657214874.0.jpg

B1GHockey_MM_547.jpg

DSC_9620.jpg

EvrzGwlUcAMD_vW.0.jpg

Myer-OSU-012617-2-jpg.jpg

6DQE34QXVYI6VHKNOJEKQY6PSE.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

47 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

This is probably why people are weary of Nike doing hockey jerseys:

Nike unveils new hockey jerseys for the 2018 Olympics

I remember when these were released that the NikeSpeak for the USA jerseys was that the sleeve graphic was inspired by bald eagle feathers. Just don't pay too close attention to the fact that all the teams had the same template.

• Like 7

IbjBaeE.png