2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

This would have been cool to see... also would be a good 3rd jersey (alternate or vintage)??

395ce9aee62f221a494e05db58e2f4fa.jpg

Edited by NorthStar74
wanted to add other statement...
  • Like 2

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

On 9/22/2021 at 4:25 PM, Survival79 said:

Another result of the rebranding is a new wordmark, with two custom display typefaces, "Desert Sans" and "Desert Sans Condensed." 

Yeah, Desert Sans, as in "the desert should be sans NHL hockey."

3 minutes ago, NorthStar74 said:

This would have been cool to see...

It absolutely would not have been, though I am all in favor of the Senators using touches of copper-patina green here and there. 

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 9/21/2021 at 8:54 PM, CreamSoda said:

Yeah Ottawa really missed the mark by not having the black cuffs and black hem stripe on the white sweater.   This just feels incomplete and the color balance is off compared to the above:

VSbnpd5.png

Agree with you about the hem-stripe, it really throws the colour balance off.  Another thing sinking this half-assed throwback, and I didn't notice until seeing the jersey up close, was the idiotic decision to replace the metallic gold with a mat shade.  They used metallic gold on the reverse retros, but not these.  Why?  Because it was eye-catching and unique?  Stupid.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I am all in favor of the Senators using touches of copper-patina green here and there. 

gave Malibu Stacy a new hat:

Lar1OFO.jpg

That would tie in with a Peace Tower secondary and allow them to use touches of green elsewhere in other branding materials.

Yes, I'm aware that this is a Tampa Bay Rays of Sunshine and Also Fish situation, where they're both Roman and Canadian Senators, but I just really like the Peace Tower, the updated 2D centurion, and mint green.

• Like 4

On 9/19/2021 at 5:32 PM, Morgan33 said:

Just bring this back with the original shade of burgundy and the Foot.  They got it right the first time.

D32U8eG.jpg

The only thing I disagree with you on is the shoulder patch. I much prefer the boring state flag 'C' over the foot. If Colorado wants to stick with their original look, they should go back to these and stop tampering with their uniforms. I think the blue equipment has been a massive downgrade and I do not like the new blue numbers on their away jersey at all. The black equipment and the black accents on the jerseys did a great job of balancing the colours of burgundy and blue. I also miss the old outlines on the numbers and the glacier twill.

When we first saw the Kraken color scheme, I wasn't sure if another "double-blue" look was played out or if Seattle would end up looking like the Winnipeg Jets (primary) or CBJ (alt), with a midnight blue contrasted against a "powder" blue.

Seeing the colors more, I realize it's unique from the "aviator" blue and the Sharks' teal. It's tough to pin down the Kraken colors. When I've shown it to non-hockey fans, I'll get "mint" or "seafoam" when asked to describe the non-navy colors. They definitely dig the look, though, overall.

I know the Kraken have spoken at length about the various blues in their color scheme. Did one of the 4 blues get dropped, BTW? I'm more noticing the dark midnight navy, the light blue and the icy blue. When the light and icy blues play off each other against the navy, at least to my eye, they may be referred to as "blue," but they appear as a greenish shade. Is it me?

Either way, they look awesome, even on a baby-blue practice jersey with Starbucks ad 😄 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRFan said:

Seeing the colors more, I realize it's unique from the "aviator" blue and the Sharks' teal. It's tough to pin down the Kraken colors. When I've shown it to non-hockey fans, I'll get "mint" or "seafoam" when asked to describe the non-navy colors. They definitely dig the look, though, overall.

I know the Kraken have spoken at length about the various blues in their color scheme. Did one of the 4 blues get dropped, BTW? I'm more noticing the dark midnight navy, the light blue and the icy blue. When the light and icy blues play off each other against the navy, at least to my eye, they may be referred to as "blue," but they appear as a greenish shade. Is it me?

TruColor says "Boundless Blue," the slate one, is only a supporting color, and the sweaters only seem to have three shades of blue.  And nope, not just you, Seattle's color scheme actually feels more like navy/mint to me, which is great, because it feels marine and Pacific Northwestern without being close to what the Canucks are doing. The hex value for "Ice Blue" places it right around 180 on the hue scale, right in the heart of the cyan space, so it certainly is leaning toward green. It still looks greener than that on a lot of real-life applications, so maybe they've tweaked it since.

• Like 2

Ads on the sweaters were inevitable. It sucks but we all knew it was coming. What I find funny is that the Premier League is cracking down on gambling sponsor ads on the clubs' shirts and North America (at least the US is) is doubling down on gambling as a whole.

• Like 5

Maybe teams will play Hot Lava with their sponsorship logos like they do their actual logos and make sure that no one in the dressing room ever sets foot on the words "betonsports.biz"

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Could be a cool look for Ottawa and they could own this color combo.  Set themselves apart from New Jersey, Chicago,  Carolina:

gAJhsOH.png

Like you said, it could be a cool look. But not with this design IMO. It would have to be something different. 

• Like 2

AmPJ0Ty.png