2021-22 NBA Changes

16 hours ago, Digby said:

Having said that, this millennial tech CEO new guy that's in charge now seems like he's got real potential to do something galaxy-brain stupid to leave his mark on the team.

That, compounded with Dwyane Wade's ego wanting to effect the branding of the team is what has me scared. They just need to give all creative control to @barnesdesign and be done with it. Just give Dwyane creative freedom on a 1-year City uniform to satisfy his ego.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

That, compounded with Dwyane Wade's ego wanting to effect the branding of the team is what has me scared. They just need to give all creative control to @barnesdesign and be done with it. Just give Dwyane creative freedom on a 1-year City uniform to satisfy his ego.

I get the concern, but I'm kind of the mind that the proverbial ship has already sailed when it comes to NBA branding. The fact that the Jazz last year comfortably vacillated between the primary purple/yellow/green to red-rocks-rainbow to a kelly-green-yellow alt says it all when it comes to the lack of uniformity in NBA uniforms. 

Sure, I suppose it can get worse. But, and apologies for being a downer, I've now come to expect it.  

• Like 3

The Jazz going black and white just to “simplify the color scheme” is probably one of the worst reasons that could be made for this decision. They can honor one of the most diverse and colorful states by choosing a new color scheme or by looking toward the past. Not even regarding Utah, Jazz is supposed to a type of music that invokes emotion and soul. Not something black and white represents.  This just feels like the easy way out. There is no creativity or branding involved here it’s just wiping the slate clean.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, jb1322 said:

The Jazz going black and white just to “simplify the color scheme” is probably one of the worst reasons that could be made for this decision. They can honor one of the most diverse and colorful states by choosing a new color scheme or by looking toward the past. Not even regarding Utah, Jazz is supposed to a type of music that invokes emotion and soul. Not something black and white represents.  This just feels like the easy way out. There is no creativity or branding involved here it’s just wiping the slate clean.

…and, get this: It’s yet another color scheme for the franchise.

• Like 9

The “UTAH JAZZ” wordmark at the practice facility seems to be new, as well - I don’t think I’ve seen that font before. Seems interesting to me that a completely different font would be used prominently at the practice facility now. Paired with that Ryan Smith tweet and D-Wade hinting at some new “fire” or whatever he tweeted a couple months ago, I’d say this *could be* a soft lead in to another rebrand for possibly 2022-23. 

If so, then I’m not sure how I feel about this. I do really like black and white in a vacuum, but I also struggle to see how it would theoretically improve the Jazz brand in any way, or represent Utah in any fashion. I’m very glad that Ryan Smith is indeed aware that the Jazz’s current brand is an absolute circus, I just don’t think simplifying to black and white is the right answer. It’s just going to add one more scheme and convolute the historical brand further. I’d much rather them settle back on the original colors or mountain scheme, never wear navy or redrock again, and solidify the brand that way. Preferably the mountain scheme to tie stronger to Utah’s geography.

Granted, I do like black and white enough that the right branding could possibly sway me, but for now I just don’t think that’s the answer. We’ll also have to see if it actually happens, too.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

23 minutes ago, mgfoxx said:

E_jxjU_VQAI25PL?format=jpg&name=medium

They're so out of ideas that they're literally cutting and pasting now.

Time to shut down the City program. It's over.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 9/16/2021 at 10:41 AM, Conrad. said:

Is there evidence of Dwyane Wade making ego-driven decisions in his capacity as a minority owner (or in general)? Is there a story here? 

• Like 1