2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

37 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Those pants are awful and should be destroyed.

Half of #2s and #10s already have been.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Doubt Seahawks go with white pants again this season. I could see grey pants becoming the primary look instead of the navy pants as they have won 2 in a row wearing them

My guess is wolf grey tops and pants this game.  

Just tuned into MNF and wow is this a bad-looking game. I don’t have quite the vitriol for the bone unis as some people on here do but monochrome bone is rough. Not nearly enough blue to make me forgive the other shortcomings of the Rams uniforms. And the Cardinals, well they’re the Cardinals, probably one of the three worst looking teams in the league, so what else do you expect?

spacer.png

Just now, Crabcake said:

Just tuned into MNF and wow is this a bad-looking game. I don’t have quite the vitriol for the bone unis as some people on here do but monochrome bone is rough. Not nearly enough blue to make me forgive the other shortcomings of the Rams uniforms. And the Cardinals, well they’re the Cardinals, probably one of the three worst looking teams in the league, so what else do you expect?

Worst looking game of the year 

3 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

I was just thinking, this almost looks like an all star game or something. The helmets (both of which I like) are so separate in look from the uniforms. They're almost like Pro Bowl jerseys or something; that disjointed between the helmets and the uniforms.

8 hours ago, nuordr said:

It will be different next year with the 2nd helmet allowed to be used. I used to refer to a uniform as Helmet/Jersey/Pants, but since the NFL changed the sock rule, they play a bigger role in the uniform these days. I wish they would have never changed the rule as the solid white socks look ridiculous these days. 

I certainly understand the logic behind describing color/color/color as jersey/pants/socks in the NFL with the one helmet rule. But your post is the first time I've ever seen that. I think because the terminology for football aesthetics is essentially transferable from college to pro and other leagues/levels, and I would argue that of the four general design elements, the socks are the least uniform part of a football uniform (because of inconsistency in the NFL and lack of socks at other levels), it makes far more sense that color/color/color descriptions would describe helmet/jersey/pants.

3 hours ago, CrookedThumb said:

I was at the Bucs/Bills game at RayJay yesterday and the PA announced that they were asking fans to wear red to next week’s SNF game against the Saints.  Out of all my years going to Bucs games, this is the first time I’ve ever heard of the team requesting that fans wear a specific color.  Does anyone happen to know the occasion as to why?  And further, it made me think of the Uber Eats commercial where the Bucs players are wearing mono-red.  Does anyone know of any rumors of that coming to fruition next week?

I doubt they would pull out all-red, but we'll have to see.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Those pants are awful and should be destroyed.

Oh I would prefer the previous pants striping, but out of the new choices the team has, this is may favorite look with the black jersey. 

spacer.png

14 hours ago, CrookedThumb said:

I was at the Bucs/Bills game at RayJay yesterday and the PA announced that they were asking fans to wear red to next week’s SNF game against the Saints.  Out of all my years going to Bucs games, this is the first time I’ve ever heard of the team requesting that fans wear a specific color.  Does anyone happen to know the occasion as to why?  And further, it made me think of the Uber Eats commercial where the Bucs players are wearing mono-red.  Does anyone know of any rumors of that coming to fruition next week?

It might be to assure the crowd looks solid for SNF.  Unless they've got something up their sleeves, the schedule in this article has been updated throughout the season.  I recall the pewter unis were supposed to be worn against the Giants on MNF but this was updated a few weeks prior.

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-announce-2021-uniform-schedule-red-pewter-white

I've always wondered what these updated red jerseys would look with red pants.  The old color rush was all red and wasnt terrible, other than the stupid number font and pewter numbers.

d3w1tmfa8r0ymxmij6cp.jpg

11 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I still don't understand why people like those old Rams jerseys and I'm not convinced the Cards need to bring back an old boring design either

Agreed on the Cardinals, they might need a uniform reset but there is zero reason to go back to the plain uniforms when they play in a modern silver barrel cactus.

5 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

It might be to assure the crowd looks solid for SNF.  Unless they've got something up their sleeves, the schedule in this article has been updated throughout the season.  I recall the pewter unis were supposed to be worn against the Giants on MNF but this was updated a few weeks prior.

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-announce-2021-uniform-schedule-red-pewter-white

I've always wondered what these updated red jerseys would look with red pants.  The old color rush was all red and wasnt terrible, other than the stupid number font and pewter numbers.

d3w1tmfa8r0ymxmij6cp.jpg

This may not look bad depending on the striping pattern (which I can’t discern from this image).

uber-eats-fundamentals-small-9.jpg

3 minutes ago, CrookedThumb said:

This may not look bad depending on the striping pattern (which I can’t discern from this image).

uber-eats-fundamentals-small-9.jpg

Wow, I've seen that commercial and i totally blanked that it was the Bucs in red pants.

21 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Ideally it would have the same striping pattern on the sock in blue, but then players can't wear their bizarre leggings that everyone is obsessed with.

spacer.png

1998 had a similar scheme with the gray upper sock, but I would prefer the patterned striped sock as well.  I would settle for gray upper with a blue line at the base of the gray. 

2 hours ago, SCL said:

Agreed on the Cardinals, they might need a uniform reset but there is zero reason to go back to the plain uniforms when they play in a modern silver barrel cactus.

I'm not sure I get the logic.  You play in an ugly stadium so you need to wear ugly uniforms?

Archived