MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

Hat and number font are the things keeping me from really loving this, but as it stands its solid. 

I’ve had the TATC as my all time favorite Rockies jersey, so I’m happy something in that vein is back. 

• Like 2

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

55 minutes ago, CardsFan79 said:

I was thinking about the Hulk thing yesterday.  Looks like there isn’t much purple, so no Hulk comparisons to worry about.

I will echo something that has been said before: these look right at home in a Colorado souvenir t-shirt shop. Very unique, but I think one of the more intentional sets I've seen for city connect. I don't usually impulse buy jerseys, but I had to for this one (of course I'm biased). Unfortunately, this and the purple jerseys seem to be the only thing going for the team, unlike that bust of a Kris Bryant contract.

I would also like to see a (much needed) Rockies rebrand in the future with a purple/green color scheme. Brighten the green a bit, and I think it would work.

• Like 4

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I like the base mountain design, the color of green they used is nice. Everything else looks like Nike showcased a bunch of options and the Rockies chose all of them. Too many do-dads going on. The cap looks like a mountain tourist trap item and does not connect with the rest of the uniform.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

1 hour ago, TalktoChuck said:

ff_4374137-a083350af5ba7672aebdalt1_full

Using this logo on a solid green hat would have looked better.

This would be a good logo to keep around. Not sold on the CO font but that would be an easy tweak. 

• Like 2

AmPJ0Ty.png 

3 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

I would also like to see a (much needed) Rockies rebrand in the future with a purple/green color scheme. Brighten the green a bit, and I think it would work.

2 hours ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

More green in your everyday looks, Rockies.

For being a common color, there is very little green in the standard looks of MLB.

I'm all for more green being used in baseball, but the Rockies have had the same colour scheme for 30 years, and purple is already unique.

These are probably my favorite City Connect uniforms unveiled so far. The only thing I don't really like is the yellow patch. I get what they're going for but it just doesn't look good in my opinion.

I feel like these work better than some of the other City Connect uniforms since the design isn't as traditional. A lot of the other uniforms try to force non-traditional elements alongside more traditional elements and they don't jell well together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Its supposed to be the yellow registration sticker from a license plate....

I think they're going more for the Experts Only Double Diamond signs that you see on ski slopes. These signs aren't standardized to always be yellow but that makes more sense to me. Those stickers on license plates rotate on a four year basis as a way to indicate year, granted the 2022 color is yellow. I guess we'll know the intention for sure if the color changes to red next season. 😄

spacer.png

• Like 4

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators