2021-22 NBA Thread

Gary

He's been on great teams before. The problem is he never seems to show up in the playoffs. or goes cold at the worst times. 

Regardless, hope & the Suns can finally win a ring.  If not them then maybe the Cardinals?

It's certainly an odd time when 2 Arizona teams are serious contenders for a championship. 

14 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

He's been on great teams before. The problem is he never seems to show up in the playoffs. or goes cold at the worst times. 

Regardless, hope & the Suns can finally win a ring.

I remember him more often with the bad luck of getting injured in key moments of playoffs.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

152-79 Grizzlies over Thunder.

Largest margin in NBA history

73 points -- almost doubled up.

But not as embarrassing, I don't think, as Bulls 94-56 over the Jazz in the 98 Finals.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Reports are out that Zion weights 330 pounds. He probably needs to lose like 80 pounds to have semblance of a normal NBA career, let alone an all-time one.

I don't know how to fix his situation in New Orleans, but this is really bad.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Zion’s reaching/has reached the Oliver Miller apex of fat NBA players. Let’s hope he’s less of an idiot than Miller or learns how to perform after getting a gastric sleeve/gastric bypass/lap band operation.

Of course my mind went straight to WingsofRedemption after hearing about weight.

16 hours ago, Dynasty said:

For being a number one overall pick, he hasn't yet lived up to the hype. Is it too early to call him a bust?

He has put up exceptional numbers when he has played, so hasn't been a bust by any means. He's been hindered by injuries that hopefully won't define his career.

15 minutes ago, truepg said:

He has put up exceptional numbers when he has played, so hasn't been a bust by any means. He's been hindered by injuries that hopefully won't define his career.

If you can’t even play then you are a bust, doesn’t matter that the 50% of the time he can play he’s good. Greg Oden I guess isn’t a bust either then by your logic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont care said:

If you can’t even play then you are a bust, doesn’t matter that the 50% of the time he can play he’s good. Greg Oden I guess isn’t a bust either then by your logic

Injuries have nothing to do with being a bust. Greg Oden never was a bust in any form, at least not because of injuries. It's an unfortunate case of a career cut short. 

• Like 1

I consider the term "bust" with the team's pick more than the player themselves. Sure, they can be talented and injuries do happen, but for the Pelicans case, he hasn't given them the production that a number one overall pick should and that's why I'd consider it a bust pick for New Orleans. It's still a little early to declare the guy a bust as a player because he can turn things around, whether it's for another team or (doubtfully) New Orleans.

• Like 1

I see and respect your rationale, @Dynasty

Other than that, the definition of the term "bust", which I also share, has been set straight so many times on so many platforms that I'm not even gonna go into that any further. It's about not meeting the expectations and hype set by others with your play. The question asked was, if Zion can already be called a bust, to which my answer is that Zion isn't anywhere in the "bust" conversation.

In case of the Pelicans, sure, one could ponder now that maybe it wasn't the best decision, but there was no serious reason to think so at the time, and it was a dead-obvious consensus to make that pick. So, even by that reasoning it can't be called a misjudgement. Moreover, Morant had more question marks.