NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

Bears alt look would work so much better if the numbers were navy outlined with white, to match the C on the helmet.  Navy pants would probably help salvage it as well.  There's just not enough navy to still look like the Bears.  They almost look like the Browns from back when they had an orange top.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

The helmet alone isn't terrible, since they did have orange helmets at one point. But it just doesn't work with the orange jersey and would look even worse with navy or white jerseys. Probably the most unnecessary alternate so far. Also seem to be pretty well disliked across social media. Something that hasn't happened yet. 

But they never had an orange helmet before this.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

I feel violated by the Bears orange helmet in a way that none of the other asinine alt helmets have made me feel. BFBS is par for the course, the Saints helmet is ridiculous, Texans’ is unnecessary obviously, but an orange Bears helmet?

Why? Who thought this was a good idea? It is the quintessential example of why alternate helmets in the NFL (besides throwbacks) are just flat out stupid. An NFL team’s identity is tied so tightly to its helmet. Many helmets rarely, if ever change and the god damn bears haven’t effectively changed their uniforms for 70? years. Why water your brand down with this crap? Why would you want to? Do people really buy replica helmets? I feel like the guy who would buy an orange Bears helmet or black Saints helmet for his man cave would buy one whether the team actually wears it or not, because he has horrible taste and judgement. 

Long story short: slippery slope, alternate NFL  helmets/uniforms suck and I’m way more distraught about this whole thing than my wife has the ability to understand.

• Like 8

The Bears were one of the last teams I expected, right before the Packers (please Green Bay, don't pull this :censored: on me)

As much as I like orange, this just looks bad for a franchise where they've not changed anything about their uniforms pretty much ever.

My first thought was that they look like the Browns. (Clevecago Brown Bears? lol)

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

7 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

They have, actually. Admittedly, it was also in the 30's;

spacer.png

Ya. So ima assume those were orange leather. Not actually painted orange by design 

6uXNWAo.png

Just now, Cujo said:

Ya. So ima assume those were orange leather. Not actually painted orange by design 

Why would you assume that when the exact same source shows the Bears wearing brown leather lids in previous seasons?

• Like 4

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

When we said we wanted the one-helmet rule gone, it was so that Washington could wear a blank faux-leather helmet with their throwbacks. Not for any of this crap. 

At this point teams are just doing it for the social media clicks, confirmed. We heard no rumblings about Bears or Cards alt helmets and then suddenly poof, two iconic helmets are supplanted by a 3D-printed fire emoji.

EDIT: “Midnight black facemask signals dark intentions”?? “Galactic black fire sky shell”??????? Oh my goodness for the love of all that is good on this earth please shut up. 

• Like 10

spacer.png