NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

On 8/15/2022 at 8:57 AM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I still don't see how this

spacer.png

is considered terrible

Compared to this

spacer.png

So much cleaner. The Falcons uniforms are not traditional, but they are a massive improvement over the generic piped out Reebok set they had before. New uniforms are simple and brand centric. You can't compare them with the Titans, which have a ton of flaws (logo on helmet has too many keylines, the dumb armpit inserts, the randomnness of the floating inserts on the pants). 

Both the Falcons and Jets have good, contemporary uniforms -- the issues only come from when they wear combinations that don't look good, which is a mistake even teams with traditional uniforms can make.

I agree it's a massive upgrade, I always would get so frustrated seeing them wear those old 2000's jerseys in the late 2010s, especially when they go their new stadium - they just felt so out of place.

My only issue with the new uniforms is little design choices that I feel will be outdated in 5-6 years, like the shadow stroke behind the numbers, something I think is a little out dated, and I'm not the biggest fan of the triangle stripping down the side of the jersey and pants. It feels a little unnecessary and random, like they just wanted to fill space. 

Also, they can only wear the read Jersey with the black pants, because of their whole gradient look of that uniform, and that to me is a bit of a bummer cause we can never see the classic red and white uniform that they wore all the time in the 2000s and 2010s. 

I definitely think their new look is an upgrade but again I just feel like the uniform will be out dated in like 3-5 years, kinda like what happened with Tampa Bay in 2013, although I never really liked those uniforms to begin with. 

• Like 3

On 8/13/2022 at 1:44 PM, Ark said:

I hope someone buys the team and rebrands them again.

Imagine messing up so bad on a rebrand that everyone is already just wanting you to start from scratch again

• Like 4

Probably a weird/unusual opinion: I really like the Falcons road uni, especially when worn with long sleeves, but it could be better with silver/gray pants to tie-in to the logo and facemask (plus somewhat of a nod to Falcons uniforms worn decades ago). I've voiced my wish for gray pants, so I don't mean to be a broken record, but c'mon Falcons, just do it. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 8/15/2022 at 7:05 PM, ManillaToad said:

The Guardians and the Elks both kept their same basic uniforms and even chose names vaguely connected to the ones they had to get rid of. Everyone moved on with their lives once the changes were made. Washington could have done the absolute bare minimum of swapping the logo and changing 4 letters in their old name and we would not be here 2 years later still discussing the controversy

Redtails was absolutely the direction to go it. Especially if they chose a military themed name anyway. Benajmin Davis Jr of the Tuskeegee Airmen was from DC. They could have kept the feathers since actual red tails are hawks. And suddenly the team's famous fight song rhymes. ("Hail to the Redtails.")

This was so easy for Dan Snyder not to :censored: up. But in true Snyder fashion......

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, KG_grfx said:

I agree it's a massive upgrade, I always would get so frustrated seeing them wear those old 2000's jerseys in the late 2010s, especially when they go their new stadium - they just felt so out of place.

My only issue with the new uniforms is little design choices that I feel will be outdated in 5-6 years, like the shadow stroke behind the numbers, something I think is a little out dated, and I'm not the biggest fan of the triangle stripping down the side of the jersey and pants. It feels a little unnecessary and random, like they just wanted to fill space. 

Also, they can only wear the read Jersey with the black pants, because of their whole gradient look of that uniform, and that to me is a bit of a bummer cause we can never see the classic red and white uniform that they wore all the time in the 2000s and 2010s. 

I definitely think their new look is an upgrade but again I just feel like the uniform will be out dated in like 3-5 years, kinda like what happened with Tampa Bay in 2013, although I never really liked those uniforms to begin with. 

Had they kept the gloss black helmet (superior), taken the old # font replacing the shadow with an outline, and avoided all of the other gimmicks they would have evolved from the old set into something sleek and modern. Like the rams they added too many trendy and tacky elements for this set to have any staying power.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

I almost instinctually posted that you were wrong and that the stadium and those unis debuted simultaneously, but then I looked it up and…

spacer.png

My mind is completely blown. I had absolutely no idea that this current uni set was old enough to have seen SDS. That’s insane. When you put it that way, I think they basically have to change their look and soon. That’s FAR too long for any team to look that meh to bad. 

I believe the Cardinals were supposed to open the new stadium that year, but I think there were construction delays.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

I almost instinctually posted that you were wrong and that the stadium and those unis debuted simultaneously, but then I looked it up and…

spacer.png

My mind is completely blown. I had absolutely no idea that this current uni set was old enough to have seen SDS. That’s insane. When you put it that way, I think they basically have to change their look and soon. That’s FAR too long for any team to look that meh to bad. 

This uniform is almost old enough to vote.

The Chargers were wearing navy helmets and the Jaguars still had their original(ish) uniform when this debuted.

It's outlasted several entire aesthetics (Bucs 2014, Lions 2009, Browns 2014, Vikings 2006, Chargers 2007).

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

This uniform is almost old enough to vote.

The Chargers were wearing navy helmets and the Jaguars still had their original(ish) uniform when this debuted.

It's outlasted several entire aesthetics (Bucs 2014, Lions 2009, Browns 2014, Vikings 2006, Chargers 2007).

Calvin Johnson was drafted, played, retired, waited 5 years and made the hall of fame all in the time this uniform has been around.

• Like 13
  • LOL 3
  • WOAH 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If we’re talking about uniforms that are surprisingly ancient, the grandfather of all the side panel uniforms, the Denver Broncos currents, turn 25 this year. 

They were immediate classics and have stood the test of time.

Great case study of innovation done perfectly.

• Like 17
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Eagles is essentially 26 years old.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, KG_grfx said:

Agree with all of this except the side stripes definitely don't feel random to me: they're pulled from the logo, which is a lot better than the weird paneled sleeves on the previous uniforms

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Yes, well, opinions vary. I grew tried of them 15 years ago, and also hold a grudge against them for all the dreck they inspired.

You can definitely say they're the best side panel uniform of all time, but IMHO that's more or less like being the prettiest waitress at Denny's.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Yawn 1

10 hours ago, pokecat12 said:

Actually just seeing the Madden 23 Unis, and the return of the 80's Falcons and the 90's Colts, I'm already CRANKED!

Always loved that 80s Falcons uniforms.  Born and raised here.  I love the black with red helmet, but the red 80s uni is just as beautiful

• Like 2

Via Instagram: For those wondering how the Commanders’ white uniform would work with the Cardinals’ helmet. It’s not great but it’s better. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChPaoWMu97_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

And speaking of Madden, apparently the WFT uniforms aren’t in the game (at least for now) as a throwback. Disappointing, because I wanted to use the new helmet with that set. Oh well. 

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:
2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If we’re talking about uniforms that are surprisingly ancient, the grandfather of all the side panel uniforms, the Denver Broncos currents, turn 25 this year. 

They don't suck that many that came after (most with piping). And having 3 Lombardis behind them definitely doesn't hurt.

6uXNWAo.png

9 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Agree with all of this except the side stripes definitely don't feel random to me: they're pulled from the logo, which is a lot better than the weird paneled sleeves on the previous uniforms

They are? Even if they were it’s bad execution because they are upside down.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

14 hours ago, TBGKon said:

I believe the Cardinals were supposed to open the new stadium that year, but I think there were construction delays.

Similar to the Milwaukee Brewers and (then) Miller Park, delayed a year, wore the Times New Roman numbers in County Stadium's last year of use.

GettyImages-1218327783-750x375.jpg

• Like 6

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

14 hours ago, TBGKon said:

I visited a relative in Glendale in the spring of 2006, and they were just finishing things up then. The stadium is about a mile or two from his house as the crow flies; one could easily have walked there from his house at the time, and probably still could. The tacky uniforms debuted in 2005, so, yeah, they predate the first game at the stadium.