2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

18 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

And they made the wrong choice. Should've just swapped the grey and gold from their home jersey. 

Meh, something like this just feels like a lateral move compared to what they went with:

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Meh, something like this just feels like a lateral move compared to what they went with:

spacer.png

that's far more cohesive and balanced with no white in it. the current block of white is so large and disruptive to the pattern on the sleeves and socks that it looks like they forgot to add the dye and just ran with it. and for whatever reason the white touching the red makes it stick out even more

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Ducks might finally get a much needed rebranding

I still hate the color scheme and the number font, but this is definitely a step in the right direction. It’s not a bad halfway point if they won’t go full eggplant and jade again.

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

This tweet isn't all that clear. Maybe the orange alternates become the primaries, or maybe the reverse retros are going to be orange.

Vegas going to be the quickest team in NHL history to wear 5 different coloured jerseys

• Like 1

I really like the grey/charcoal color Vegas uses currently. I understand the desire to go with gold considering their name. But in a world where teams go "stealth mode" and overuse of black in all leagues, I thought the charcoal grey was a nice change of pace for a team that wanted be be "dark." Hearing that they will be primarily gold with a new black alt sort of bums me out. I would rather them swap the current home to the alt if they absolutely want to go with a gold primary.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I still hate the color scheme and the number font, but this is definitely a step in the right direction. It’s not a bad halfway point if they won’t go full eggplant and jade again.

Would also be a good time to update the number font. Bring back the Futura the Ducks wore on the late 90s alts (it's a good hockey font)!

• Love 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

This tweet isn't all that clear. Maybe the orange alternates become the primaries, or maybe the reverse retros are going to be orange.

The big rumor for the next RR for the Ducks is apparently a white version of their wordmark jersey from the mid 2000s.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

While I'm all for this, this will be the second time they've done this now lol.

You know they'll eventually have to have a black third though, because black sells, and in that case I'd bring back the anniversary hybrid from a few years ago.

cut.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, VikWings said:

While I'm all for this, this will be the second time they've done this now lol.

You know they'll eventually have to have a black third though, because black sells, and in that case I'd bring back the anniversary hybrid from a few years ago.

cut.jpg

This would easily be one of the best look in the league 

• Like 1

I'd love to see the Ducks do a majority-jade version of their original jerseys for their next Reverse Retro. As much as I think a white version of the wordmark alternate would work as a Reverse Retro, that would be two white versions of past alternates and I'd like to see them change it up.

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

10 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

This would easily be one of the best look in the league 

I'm not sure why but I never loved the Duck's black anniversary jersey. The black seems so forced to me. The jersey just feels clunky. 

It's like the Ducks are hellbent on doing anything but bringing back the originals. Every time they do, there has to be a tweak for no reason. This time, the tweak is using the current color palette which, again, to me feels forced. 

• Like 3

I liked the jade yoke. Nice to have more colour on an otherwise black heavy jersey.

A rebrand might make sense for the post-Getzlaf era and with the upcoming 30th Anniversary, but as early as next season? Somehow I doubt it. Then again the Samuelis seem to really like that orange jersey.

On 4/26/2022 at 4:43 PM, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

It looks OK, but there's not much contrast between the black and grey. What they have now makes more sense if their goal is to promote it to primary.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

On 4/27/2022 at 10:38 AM, spartacat_12 said:

Why do the Ducks want so badly to be an orange/black team? Are they trying to distance themselves from the Disney days, or do fans actually prefer orange to eggplant/jade? I always felt those colors were unique. I guess I could be biased because I watched the Mighty Ducks movies religiously as a kid. 

On 4/14/2022 at 10:27 AM, mcj882000 said:

There's no reason they couldn't do both, they could easily go with an 80s or even 70s-style jersey but brown instead of black.

c'mon Panthers @ Lightning Stadium Series, the one-night only return to the ThunderDome; I don't even care that it wouldn't even be outdoors! :P

They could try Marlins Park that has a retractable roof if they are concerned about the heat and in the case of Tampa the old Trop where they use to play. 

29 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Why do the Ducks want so badly to be an orange/black team? Are they trying to distance themselves from the Disney days, or do fans actually prefer orange to eggplant/jade? I always felt those colors were unique. I guess I could be biased because I watched the Mighty Ducks movies religiously as a kid. 

Ownership prefers the orange, IIRC. And from what I've seen, most fans are fine with either color scheme being used as long as the original logo is back in the primary position.

1 hour ago, beachperroAZ said:

They could try Marlins Park that has a retractable roof if they are concerned about the heat and in the case of Tampa the old Trop where they use to play. 

The point is that the Trop is Lightning history, being the former home arena for them.