College Football 2022

Kevin W.

34 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Ducks are going white/green/white vs. Utah:

Gonna be a white-heavy uni matchup as the Utes are going with their all-white fauxbacks:

Why does Oregon have to ruin every uniform matchup, not that these are bad uniforms but cmon wear yellow/green/yellow, green/green/yellow, or even just green/green/green for these big matchups.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WestCoastBias said:

Why does Oregon have to ruin every uniform matchup, not that these are bad uniforms but cmon wear yellow/green/yellow, green/green/yellow, or even just green/green/green for these big matchups.

Oregon picks out their uni combos well before the season even starts, so when they picked this look for this game they had no way of knowing the Utes would choose all-white. I’d argue this would’ve been a fantastic choice for this game (one of the better possible choices, in fact) had the Utes gone with something like red/white/red or some other combo with red or black helmets and pants. I do get your point, but it’s not like the Ducks found out the Utes were going all-white and then decided on this look. 

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon picks out their uni combos well before the season even starts, so when they picked this look for this game they had no way of knowing the Utes would choose all-white. I’d argue this would’ve been a fantastic choice for this game (one of the better possible choices, in fact) had the Utes gone with something like red/white/red or some other combo with red or black helmets and pants. I do get your point, but it’s not like the Ducks found out the Utes were going all-white and then decided on this look. 

It’d be nice if Oregon used this as a teaching moment as to why picking uniforms before the season even starts is a bad idea. 

Also, I’d absolutely kill for schools to actually get on the phone and talk out uniform choices before deciding. It’s painful how many matchups we get like this where you have both teams wearing white helmets when neither usually wears white helmets. A simple call could solve that problem. How many perfect uniform combo matchups do we miss out on annually because schools don’t communicate? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, razorback447 said:

It’d be nice if Oregon used this as a teaching moment as to why picking uniforms before the season even starts is a bad idea. 

Also, I’d absolutely kill for schools to actually get on the phone and talk out uniform choices before deciding. It’s painful how many matchups we get like this where you have both teams wearing white helmets when neither usually wears white helmets. A simple call could solve that problem. How many perfect uniform combo matchups do we miss out on annually because schools don’t communicate? 

Huh? I’m sorry, but that just doesn’t make any sense. What, you wanted the Ducks to wait to find out what the Utes were wearing before deciding what they should wear as the home team for this matchup? 

If anything, it should be the opposite. In soccer, for example, the home team selects their kit first and it’s up to the opponent to pick a contrasting kit (sometimes even needing to wear alternate shorts or socks to avoid a clash). Now I definitely agree with your second point; if schools got on the phone with each other to communicate their uni choices then we’d avoid situations like this. The reality is, unless it’s something like a color vs. color or the home team is planning to wear white or light gray, then the schools probably don’t care about what the other team is gonna wear. 

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Cal isn’t just breaking out gold helmets for the 125th Big Game, but a whole new uniform complete with the Stanford Axe on the chest and pants:

Put a navy/gold/navy stripe on the helmets and pants and this would be a fantastic full-time look for the Golden Bears (obviously with the axe removed, as well). 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

35 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Cal isn’t just breaking out gold helmets for the 125th Big Game, but a whole new uniform complete with the Stanford Axe on the chest and pants:

Put a navy/gold/navy stripe on the helmets and pants and this would be a fantastic full-time look for the Golden Bears (obviously with the axe removed, as well). 

I'm getting Toledo vibes from this uniform, but the jersey sleeves are similar to the Oregon Webfoots throwback. Doesn't feel like Cal at all, needs the blue helmet.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Navy, we have a problem. These jerseys are too filthy! 😎

If you're like me and were wondering what the connection was between the Navy and NASA, here's the explanation from Navy's website:

Fifty-four United States Naval Academy graduates have gone on to become astronauts, the most of any institution. The first Naval Academy graduate to become an astronaut was Alan Shepard ('45), who was the first American in space (May 5, 1961) and was one of NASA's first seven astronauts. Shepard's second space flight was on Feb. 5, 1971, when Apollo 14 landed on the moon and he went on two moonwalks.

In 1985, Naval Academy graduate Bruce McCandless II ('58) took the first untethered spacewalk, venturing further away from the confines and safety of a ship than any previous astronaut.

Source:

https://navysports.com/news/2022/11/21/navy-athletics-and-under-armour-unveils-2022-army-navy-football-game-uniform.aspx

• Like 4

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

13 minutes ago, LAWeaver said:

If you're like me and were wondering what the connection was between the Navy and NASA, here's the explanation from Navy's website:

Source:

https://navysports.com/news/2022/11/21/navy-athletics-and-under-armour-unveils-2022-army-navy-football-game-uniform.aspx

Thanks for this LAWeaver