College Football 2022

Kevin W.

On 6/22/2022 at 7:08 PM, -Akronite- said:

Made missing The Game in 2020 even worse, especially with the streak we had going, cause we would've stomped their :censored: in. They'll need a prayer in Columbus this year, looking forward to it (and the blue chip WRs that continue to pour in).

As for THE trademark, I'm shocked it went through but I don't really understand what it entails legally. There have been "THE" shirts sold around campus for years. 

If I'm Ohio State, I'd be more concerned with trying to beat Alabama come time for the Playoff/Championship. At this point, Michigan shouldn't be that big of a deal.

But, as far as the trademark, I would hope there are some fine details that would allow it to not be completely owned by the Buckeyes. It's such a general word.

15 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

If I'm Ohio State, I'd be more concerned with trying to beat Alabama come time for the Playoff/Championship. At this point, Michigan shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Well to be fair, they’ve beaten Alabama in the playoffs just as often as Alabama has beaten them.  

• Like 9

On 6/22/2022 at 4:58 PM, Lights Out said:

The helmet logo is clunky and awkward, and WVU just looks better in blue helmets rather than white.

I completely agree with you about the blue helmets. I wish they'd bring that striping patten to all of their uniforms. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

But, as far as the trademark, I would hope there are some fine details that would allow it to not be completely owned by the Buckeyes. It's such a general word.

I guess Alabama makes a great case for building a dynasty while not being all that consistent against their rival in Auburn. Unfortunately, Michigan has reclaimed their status in the Big Ten as Ohio State's greatest threat for the conference and, thusly, a shot at the playoff (in the majority of cases).  For Bama, Auburn is rarely that team. Lots of fans degraded The Game over the last decade of dominance, but we saw what it cost us to lose.

Even if we won a nattie after going 1-loss against UM, it just wouldn't feel right. But things could get really weird once playoff expansion comes.

Anyway, THE trademark is stupid but a perfect thing to fuel friendly trash talk.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 8:34 AM, buckeye said:

Toledo has new plain uniforms with the Michigan State number font. It'd be really nice to see some of the MAC teams get some uniforms that have a unique style to their school, not ones straight out of the catalog.

It's disappointing that Toledo has been stuck with catalog uniforms since switching to Nike. However, the notches in the MSU numbers actually work with Toledo's logo, so I don't mind it. Heck, their "Toledo" wordmark used notches 13 years before MSU did it.

spacer.png

• Like 7

spacer.png

17 hours ago, burgundy said:

It's disappointing that Toledo has been stuck with catalog uniforms since switching to Nike. However, the notches in the MSU numbers actually work with Toledo's logo, so I don't mind it. Heck, their "Toledo" wordmark used notches 13 years before MSU did it.

spacer.png

Those Toledo notches and the number notches are mirrored though. It’d make sense if the numbers had notches in the “northwest” corners, but they don’t. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Those Toledo notches and the number notches are mirrored though. It’d make sense if the numbers had notches in the “northwest” corners, but they don’t. 

Obviously it's not perfect, but as far as catalog uniforms go, it works better than most. In an ideal situation, they'd have a custom number font to match the wordmark, but they gave that option up when they switched from UA to Nike.

• Like 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, burgundy said:

Obviously it's not perfect, but as far as catalog uniforms go, it works better than most. In an ideal situation, they'd have a custom number font to match the wordmark, but they gave that option up when they switched from UA to Nike.

They never had a custom font with UA either, and it's not a good font they used either.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They never had a custom font with UA either, and it's not a good font they used either.

I would love to know who else used this font in 2010 😂 news to me

UT-s-new-uniforms-get-positive-review.jp

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

21 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Just NASA lol

Definitely inspired by NASA's worm logo font (appropriate for a team named Rockets), but not the same.

FUN FACT: Gene Kranz, the Chief Flight Director of NASA's Gemini and Apollo missions, is from Toledo. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

3 hours ago, LEWJ said:

I would love to know who else used this font in 2010 😂 news to me

UT-s-new-uniforms-get-positive-review.jp

5TB7jJh.png

It was a stock Under Armour number set. No one else probably wore them other than high schools teams based on how ugly they were. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

5TB7jJh.png

It was a stock Under Armour number set. No one else probably wore them other than high schools teams based on how ugly they were. 

Are you certain that it didn't become a stock font after being designed for Toledo, like the Maryland and Texas Tech fonts? The earliest catalog I can find is from 2013, which shows this exact group of fonts.

https://issuu.com/kollegetown/docs/kollege_town_under_armour_2013_football/78

• Like 2

spacer.png

15 hours ago, burgundy said:

Are you certain that it didn't become a stock font after being designed for Toledo, like the Maryland and Texas Tech fonts? The earliest catalog I can find is from 2013, which shows this exact group of fonts.

https://issuu.com/kollegetown/docs/kollege_town_under_armour_2013_football/78

Toledo didn't have it first. They always have been a stock uniform team since that became a thing. It's kind of strange that Russell and Champion haven't pushed bac in, but they may think it isn't worth the costs still. 

1 hour ago, nuordr said:

Notre Dame to wear green jerseys on September 17 vs Cal. 

https://twitter.com/NDFootball/status/1542584015487733760?s=20&t=1Ip_LTy5rzgksZfqXNjnSQ

spacer.png

spacer.png

These green jerseys are way better. I don't know why Under Armour is so obsessed with shoehorning blue into everything that uses green with ND.

• Like 5