2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

Oh I forgot this thread is filled with boring purist who don't want to deviate from their 1980's NBA aesthetics from, when the time their uncles use to take them to see 1985 NBA eating cracker jack and bubble gum. Its too black, its too bold, its too loud. Its a 3rd alternate kit, Jesus. 

Blah blah blah

It's 2022, get with the times. 

This isnt boring MLB, this is NBA the most forward thinking of the big 4 leagues in North America. Im out 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Huh? 2
  • Dislike 10

4 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Cavs court does look like 03-04 reboot.

So missing city editions not released yet:

Minnesota White (Bob Dylan inspired)

Sacramento Red (Webber era fauxback design)

Detroit Black (Bad Boys inspired)

Indiana Royal Blue (Market Square Arena Inspired)

Charlotte White (Jim Crockett Promotions Inspired)

Orlando Orange version of 75th Anniversary Remix

Anyone else getting new "Statements"

Nets black jersey that will look like the Spurs. 🙄

Pistons are another team that thinks a big abbreviation is a "statement" (CHA, BKLYN).

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

31 minutes ago, andregunts said:

Oh I forgot this thread is filled with boring purist who don't want to deviate from their 1980's NBA aesthetics from, when the time their uncles use to take them to see 1985 NBA eating cracker jack and bubble gum. Its too black, its too bold, its too loud. Its a 3rd alternate kit, Jesus. 

Blah blah blah

This isnt boring MLB, this is NBA the most forward thinking of the big 4 leagues in North America. Im out 

👍👍

Abbreviations on jerseys instead of the full city name are just so tacky, not to mention these are so high up on the jersey that they are almost on top of the Jumpman logo. 

These are pretty damn mediocre. I don't have the same pure vitriol as some people on this thread have, imo there are worse uniforms in the league (which perhaps is more of an indictment on the state of the NBA's brandings right now than anything else). I think the striping idea is alright, enough so that I think you could make a decent jersey with it if executed differently. But the BFBS, the "DET", and the weird low asymmetrical numbers scream "We wanna be different and cool!" without any rhyme or reason.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, andregunts said:

Blah blah blah

Nice rant. They still look like 🤬.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

7 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

What in the actual :censored: are those? Is it like an April Fools joke or something, just trolling that guy?

The Pistons desperately need to bring in some new blood in their design department. Other than the 2017 primary logo and last season's "remix" jersey, they have botched every design item for 15 years.

So… I really like the idea of the blue/red horizontal stripe. I don’t mind that at all. I’m not into using black though, as black with blue/red has been pretty strongly cornered by the Clippers lately and this is swerving a bit too close into LAC territory (granted, it’s a territory that shouldn’t exist, but it does). I’m also not a fan of three-letter abbreviations on jerseys, and the left aligned front numbers look really awkward. 

This all being said, I like the horizontal stripes so much that I’d be okay with an improved version of this. Keep the stripes, make the base navy, spell out “DETROIT”, then right align the numbers, and I think they would have really had something.

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, andregunts said:

Blah blah blah

You know what the best thing about a place like this is? You're entitled to your opinion. Everyone is. Uniforms are like art or fashion; everyone has their taste and there's no right or wrong answer. The best part about that is I don't have to go around bashing everyone and telling them that they are wrong. I can engage in a discussion with them, but I don't have to be rude about it. If you think these new uniforms are great, then great!

I, however, fit into the group that doesn't like them as much. I think that black is overused in the NBA, the "DET" wordmark tries too hard to be cool, the black on black letters/numbers have never been a great combo, and the uniform as a whole reminds me uniforms that have already been worn in the NBA, mainly the 76ers 2020-21 City edition. It may not have the same design, but the overall layout and aesthetic are just too similar for me, and for what it's worth, the Sixers pulled it off better too.

Available Now: Philadelphia 76ers Nike City Edition jerseys

For a franchise that have a lot of better inspiration and colors to draw from, this is just trying too hard to be cool. At least the chrome had some simplicity and sense, and I didn't hate it.

• Like 8

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

im starting to dislike this push for statement jerseys to not even look like core jerseys anymore.  statement jerseys should have at least some resemblance of the icon and association. leave the outlandish designs for the city editions.  also, these remind me way too much of the old sixers' city edition jerseys from a while back. i dont feel like im looking at anything else. the spacing also just looks so off to me. and i feel like the text should be one with the stripe design especially if the stripe design in question is literally just two blocks of red and blue.  kinda like what the pelicans did for their striped jerseys.

p.s they couldnt have at least used their regular font?

Edited by pelicanfan
grammar
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, andregunts said:

Blah blah blah

lol take it from the 18 year old here, those jerseys are just not it. wouldn't hate it if they made it their city jerseys. but for statement jerseys? its a no from me, even a younger fan like me would prefer some consistency 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

im starting to dislike this push for statement jerseys to not even look like a core jerseys anymore.  statement jerseys should have at least some resemblance of the icon and association. leave the outlandish designs for the city editions.

p.s they couldnt have at least used their regular font?

Well said. You definitely hit upon my biggest issues with this jersey. No consistency with the classic jerseys (icon or association), be it the font, the jersey cut (I know most here hate the wishbone but I think the jersey style should be the same for an entire set), or shoehorning in black out of nowhere into the color scheme.

This would be more than passable as a City edition (especially with the horizontal stripe homage to the Bad Boys era warmups), but as part of the primary set it’s a swing and a miss.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, eRay said:

There are no red or orange city editions this year, and Detroit isn't going black. Detroit will be green, I am thinking Sacramento is gray, and Orlando has leaked in Black/Dark Gray. The remaining unreleased colors are all navy, black, white, or gray with the exception of Detroit.

You were saying?

It's where I sit.

Fwiw, these Pistons unis are dark navy, not black, but only weirdos like us will actually acknowledge that. Casuals will see them as black.

As for the design of them, the chest stripe is nice, but the typography and use of 'DET' (that no one identifies with in the city itself) are misses. Obviously, these would be better in red with a 'PISTONS' or 'MOTOR CITY' wordmark in either the current typography or something from the team's history. 

• Like 6