2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

6 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Bad call is a bad call. Doesn’t make it not bad if it doesn’t affect the final score.

If anything, I respect the complaint more if it comes in a win.

Regardless, didn't this new rule that you can't tackle QB's good start like a year or two ago? Football is a bad sport and if an elderly Tom Brady wants to ruin his marriage because he loves 25-year-old freaks turning his bones to dust, then who are we to stop him?

10 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Bad call is a bad call. Doesn’t make it not bad if it doesn’t affect the final score.

The issue, for me, is the timing. It is one thing to go for it when there is less than, say, 15 seconds left. But at 4 minutes left, the Raiders could have kicked to tie and hope to stop the Chiefs on the next possession. 

• Like 2

I saw, I came, I left.

9 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Sometimes I forget Chiefs fans do the tomahawk chop. They gotta quit it with that 💩.

Yeah, the pigs there do it, but the pigs in Atlanta are even worse with the Braves.  Short of actually stopping the game and penalizing the home team, I'm not sure there's any way to stop people like that.

• Like 4
  • WOAH 1
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

24 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Short of actually stopping the game and penalizing the home team, I'm not sure there's any way to stop people like that.

For people who have been to Chiefs games, does the in-stadium PA get the tomahawk chop going? Or is it entirely fan-lead?

Because if the former, that's an easy fix. And if the latter, MLS has successfully removed YSA and the Mexican goal kick slur. It's possible if people care (and want to be in alignment with helmet bumpers and end zone slogans).

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

40 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

For people who have been to Chiefs games, does the in-stadium PA get the tomahawk chop going? Or is it entirely fan-lead?

Because if the former, that's an easy fix. And if the latter, MLS has successfully removed YSA and the Mexican goal kick slur. It's possible if people care (and want to be in alignment with helmet bumpers and end zone slogans).

Consider that part of the pre-game festivities includes pounding on the big drum in the stands, it isn't organically drummed up [pun intended] by the fans.

It's where I sit.

Who would have thought that people who wear headdresses and warpaint and do the tomahawk would have the n word in their vocabulary.  Surprised we don't here more of this coming out of Atlanta.

• Like 8
  • Yawn 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Not sure about KC or Atlanta but at Florida State, the band initiates it. And they do it far more often than the Braves or Chiefs.

• Like 3

IUe6Hvh.png

22 hours ago, BBTV said:

Who would have thought that people who wear headdresses and warpaint and do the tomahawk would have the n word in their vocabulary

And if we recall, Chiefs fans booed during the pregame 'moment of unity' during the 2020 season opener. So what happened Monday is no real shocker. Pretty much solidifies Kansas City's place on the list alongside Boston and Utah fans.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

6uXNWAo.png

No idea where to place this so I'll put it here:

I'm against expansion from a quality of play perspective but as a designer I'd like to see what brands they come up with and I'm also morbidly curious to see how well it would do. As for cities, I'd imagine something along the lines of London, Frankfurt, Munich, and Amsterdam.

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 10/11/2022 at 7:42 PM, BBTV said:

Who would have thought that people who wear headdresses and warpaint and do the tomahawk would have the n word in their vocabulary.  Surprised we don't here more of this coming out of Atlanta.

I remember a couple years ago (like 2019 or so) the Braves tried to curtail the chop as best they could. They quit playing the music that initiated it over the PA and they even went as far as playing competing music/sounds over the PA when the fans would start doing it by themselves.

Sadly, once everyone came back from the pandemic they went back to initiating the chop over the PA again. 

jNTsTyQ.png