NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

14 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I have some family members in Minnesota who have partial Swedish ancestry. I don’t *think* they’re furries, but I don’t see them that often, so…maybe?

These are fun discussions to bring up at family gatherings. 

• LOL 2

On 5/5/2023 at 1:09 PM, BBTV said:

Eagles D'Andre Swift will be the first player to wear 0 for them since his usual number (and its reverse) are taken.

On 5/5/2023 at 1:29 PM, MCM0313 said:

He should campaign hard to be nicknamed “Agent Zero”. Then monetize that somehow. 

Someone on Reddit actually already thought of this, but for 'R0QUAN SMITH' of the Baltimore Ravens, who has changed from #18 to #0. I added the Metallic Gold box in the first image for emphasis on 'Ro' aka 'R0'.

Roquan can now lay claim to being both the best-ever #18 — alas, fellow 'Flock' fanatics of our favorite professional football franchise can finally cross out the name of Elvis Grbac, forever removing him off of this proverbial jersey numbers list — and (de facto) #0, respectively, in franchise history.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
spacer.png

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
spacer.png______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Like 2

19 hours ago, IceCap said:

The darker shade of brown looked so nice with Reebok but Nike's flat fabrics just make most things look dull. 

I don't think it's a supplier issue, I think the problem really is the shade of brown. How brown it actually looks has always depended on lighting and/or weather conditions, whether it's Puma, Reebok or Nike.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

per TruColor, the brown has changed several times since '99.  IIRC, at one point it was called "seal brown" and even lighter (maybe the original franchise).

2007-2009 on left, current on right:

3f230d.png321c00.png

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

I don't think it's a supplier issue, I think the problem really is the shade of brown. How brown it actually looks has always depended on lighting and/or weather conditions, whether it's Puma, Reebok or Nike.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thing is, they don’t currently wear the same shade of brown as in those eras. They changed the brown most recently in 2010. 

Personally, I think the best brown they’ve ever worn was the “seal brown” they had from 1979-95. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BBTV said:

per TruColor, the brown has changed several times since '99.  IIRC, at one point it was called "seal brown" and even lighter (maybe the original franchise).

2007-2009 on left, current on right:

3f230d.png321c00.png

Great minds think alike. 

• Like 2

On 5/5/2023 at 11:17 PM, hormone said:

With all the light weight, form fitting, etc any lingo they use or tech they come up with, why don’t they use sublimated/screen printed numbers? I mean I’m glad they don’t, but wouldn’t that be better? Won’t that be lighter or more form fitting? I’ve noticed that’s really become a thing in college baseball 

To allow for the teams to put on the numbers as replacements are needed/ new signings ect. Nike provides blank jerseys and numbers to the teams separately and then the teams put them on

17 hours ago, dont care said:

To allow for the teams to put on the numbers as replacements are needed/ new signings ect. Nike provides blank jerseys and numbers to the teams separately and then the teams put them on

Another really good point.   I feel stupid for not thinking of it.

Yes, teams do not have screen print facilities in their equipment rooms.   Sewing machines?  Yes.

21 hours ago, Lights Out said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I miss the lighter Oranger more, but miss the lighter Brown, also.

19 minutes ago, bbush24 said:

Screenshot-2023-05-08-112841.png

Bottom right is probably my pick with top left being the next best option. If I had to pick out of these.

Pretty bummed by the process. Basically they paid to have 3 designed locally, then added the #1 vote getter and the #14 vote getter from the fan submissions. Really makes no sense to me. Probably the last time I enter a free contest like this. I'm not saying mine was the best of the 300+ submissions. But I like to think I did a decent job. Received a lot of positive feedback here and on social media about my entry and I'll just have to keep working to get better. 

• Like 4

Both logos on the left are my favorite. Bottom right is fine, but a little busy for my liking, but it is a decent logo. The middle one is horrible. Just an objectively terrible logo. But, it is going to win because a cute girl on TikTok with a million followers designed it. 

• Like 5

T1oYViW.png

Bottom right was designed by @Htown1141. He'd posted it over on the concepts board.
https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/126762-dawg-pound-logo-design/#comment-3338528

My vote was still with @VDizzle12. Bummed to see his entry didn't make the cut. Happy for H-Town though -- well-deserved! Hope he wins at this point.

I'm liking bottom left for being different. I think it would pair nicely with a new Brownie the elf logo done in a similar style.

It'll be embarrassing if that middle logo wins.

• Like 4

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

On 5/8/2023 at 4:47 PM, j'villejags said:

Bottom right was designed by @Htown1141. He'd posted it over on the concepts board.
https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/126762-dawg-pound-logo-design/#comment-3338528

My vote was still with @VDizzle12. Bummed to see his entry didn't make the cut. Happy for H-Town though -- well-deserved! Hope he wins at this point.

I'm liking bottom left for being different. I think it would pair nicely with a new Brownie the elf logo done in a similar style.

It'll be embarrassing if that middle logo wins.

I'm still super conflicted about this whole thing.

At this point I almost hope the Tiktoker wins and the team is stuck with that thing for the foreseeable future 🤣

• Like 1
  • Hate 1

There is really only one bad one of the bunch... and it is definitely going to be the winner.

I won't say anything misogynist about the designer, but I will say that Tiktok is a very powerful tool and I'll give her props for that.

• Like 4