College Football 2023

Rixaroo

1 minute ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

It shouldn't be a surprise a college team beats the Texans to it, the no fun league has so many obstacles to get through uniform-wise. (Right?)

Yes, like the Titans owning the rights to the name and colors. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

It shouldn't be a surprise a college team beats the Texans to it, the no fun league has so many obstacles to get through uniform-wise. (Right?)

In the past couple of years the NFL hasn’t had nearly enough obstacles in the way of crappy uniform decisions if you ask me. 

• Like 3

Has a college team ever had a throwback/fauxback/alternate to an old pro team? To me, it’s a very sharp uniform, but the team wearing it is a head scratcher…especially with the titans throwback and the possibility of the Texans exploring that or a similar scheme. So, and this is probably gonna be unpopular here, but for me, I’d say cool uniforms, wrong team wearing it.

KISSwall09.jpg

10 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but these are dumb. Couldn’t even get the helmet and pant stripes right since they’re a catalog order and were therefore limited in terms of striping patterns.

I wouldn't go quite so far as to say these are dumb. I like them despite the issues. But I absolutely agree with the second part. The helmet and pants stripes are very much "Well the template can do this. If you want it closer to the original, it will have to be custom. OK, the template version is good enough."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hormone said:

Has a college team ever had a throwback/fauxback/alternate to an old pro team? To me, it’s a very sharp uniform, but the team wearing it is a head scratcher…especially with the titans throwback and the possibility of the Texans exploring that or a similar scheme. So, and this is probably gonna be unpopular here, but for me, I’d say cool uniforms, wrong team wearing it.

Not an old pro team, but Arkansas mimicked the Cowboys back in 2017 for the Southwest Classic in Jerry World. Still think this is a unironically great look for the Razorbacks.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Midway said:

Still not sure why Minnesota continues to water down a perfectly good colorway with all these unnecessary white elements. They were getting pretty close to something good with their last set.

PJ Fleck.

• Like 14
  • LOL 1
  • Facepalm 1

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Not an old pro team, but Arkansas mimicked the Cowboys back in 2017 for the Southwest Classic in Jerry World. Still think this is a unironically great look for the Razorbacks.

There was also that time Mississippi State wore Patriots themed uniforms because they played UMass at Gillette.

spacer.png

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Midway said:

Still not sure why Minnesota continues to water down a perfectly good colorway with all these unnecessary white elements. They were getting pretty close to something good with their last set.

It bothers me  so much. And the helmet stripe is just textured for no reason now because they don't even include the end of the oar. Just simplify this :censored: and ditch the white collars forever.

Also, I think the Fox scorebug is fun. It's a bit oversized but I don't mind them trying it out.

• Hurl 1

1. On the previous page someone posted Oregon's B/Y/Y (thanks for sharing) and the post got more "thumbs up" than "vomit" responses.  I'm very ashamed of this reaction; maybe this board has lost its way 😂.   Apart from lack of green, I'm bothered by the shoulder patches looking backward.

2. While I appreciate UH "Oilers", I can't look at that without seeing the atrociously mismatched stripes.  If you're not going to match the originals, at least ensure your elements match each other.

3.  Keep those "one team dressed up as another" examples coming... I'm not sure how I feel about the concept, but it's unique!

Watching Mizzou last night, and I gotta say, I like the switch to the white numbers and the addition of the MIZZOU word mark. Mizzou not having yellow numbers made me feel uneasy at first, but the white really helps the balance. 

It's reminds me a lot of when the Blues went from yellow numbers to white. While I feel strange about the Blues veering from traditional yellow numbers, the white has really grown on me. 

BenFred: Mizzou football season includes multiple swing games but none  bigger than Kansas State

• Like 2

7 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

There was also that time Mississippi State wore Patriots themed uniforms because they played UMass at Gillette.

spacer.png

Then there's Notre Dame wearing Packers-styled jerseys for their game in Chicago against Wisconsinbecause becuase it was originally slated to be in Lambeau.

• Like 2