2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

On 3/12/2023 at 11:18 PM, DTConcepts said:

An alleged prototype of an unused Minnesota Wild alternate jersey found its way to Twitter yesterday.

I hope the rumor mill is right and the Wild are dredging up the North Stars' brand, because this jersey is just not good. Except for the captain patch.

There was also this one:

spacer.png

• Hurl 2
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 1

On 3/11/2023 at 6:41 PM, Kevin W. said:

Yes, but there wasn't a considerable difference between the final Reebok Edge jerseys and the first Adidas jerseys given that they were essentially shifting manufacturing from one division of the company to another. Changing to a completely different parent company will likely be more drastic. Additionally, the Leafs did their redesign one year before the changeover as well.

I’m curious—anyone here know if manufacturing locations actually changed during the Reebok-Adidas shift or was it just the same facilities retooling to a different template and slapping on a different logo?

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

They've been using the same manufacturing facility for MIC jerseys since at least 2000.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 3/13/2023 at 12:18 AM, DTConcepts said:

An alleged prototype of an unused Minnesota Wild alternate jersey found its way to Twitter yesterday.

I hope the rumor mill is right and the Wild are dredging up the North Stars' brand, because this jersey is just not good. Except for the captain patch.

The Wild have a great brand, they are just terrible at figuring out how to use it. These jerseys they keep churning out are terrible. Enough of these baseball logo/wordmark, faux backs with generic striping and now weird dark colors that lack contrast. Why black? The Wild to my recollection have never used black and it looks terrible considering they already have one of the best color palettes in the league.

Sad thing is I could post dozens of great Wild concepts that use their colors and iconography far better, but unfortunately all they know how to deliver is sub par third jerseys. 

• Like 4

On 3/12/2023 at 9:18 PM, DTConcepts said:

Reminds me of the Ducks black and eggplant Anaheim third from the early 2000s

• Like 1

Just now, Nordiks_19 said:

It's weird but who knows  they might knock it out of the park.

This is Fanatics, let's not get our hopes too high here. I'm fully expecting the same bull:censored: they've been doing already to continue but now people won't have any options other than putting up with their :censored:ty QC.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

33 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Well, i was hot expecting them to win that contract. It's weird but who knows  they might knock it out of the park.

These guys will be lucky to get their sweaters in the right sizes much less have them last a period before numbers and crests start falling off, and sweaters start falling apart at the seams

• Love 1

This seems like a really busch league level move on the surface. Fanatics retail stuff is garbage and they’re not an athletic uniform/equipment company. They’re a merch/retail company, with lower perceived quality than Nike Adidas or the big brands. I know all of these league uniform deals are merch/advertising programs at their core but this one isn’t even pretending to be anything else on the surface. Yuck

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I'm just going to repeat what I wrote in the other thread: 

Fanatics is just a retail brand, so this really comes down to who they choose for suppliers. And if the game-worn jerseys are going to be made at the same place where they're made now, then I'm not sure I'd put a lot of stock in the idea that their quality concerns will carry over. 

If anything, this looks more like an opportunity for Fanatics to elevate its brand to become more than a purveyor of cheap t-shirts that fade after two washes. Hopefully they'll live up to the opportunity and surprise everybody. 

• Like 6

Reading this news I have only one word to say about it, but I won't say it here because it would be at a volume level of 206.

• Like 1

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

9 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm just going to repeat what I wrote in the other thread: 

Fanatics is just a retail brand, so this really comes down to who they choose for suppliers. And if the game-worn jerseys are going to be made at the same place where they're made now, then I'm not sure I'd put a lot of stock in the idea that their quality concerns will carry over. 

If anything, this looks more like an opportunity for Fanatics to elevate its brand to become more than a purveyor of cheap t-shirts that fade after two washes. Hopefully they'll live up to the opportunity and surprise everybody. 

*narrator voice*-“they won’t”

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1