2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

No reason for the Bears not to fire Eberflus and whichever of his assistants haven't already been fired for workplace misconduct yet. Completely coughed this one up. I can't believe some mid-tier career position coach got to be head coach of the Chicago Bears by writing an acrostic for the word "hits." Wait, yes I can.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

27 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Yeah.. Saleh's days as Jets coach are numbered. Need to draft a lot of players on offense in April 2024.

He had a good QB for one snap.

• LOL 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Is something going on with Buffalo's conditioning team? Their secondary has been decimated all season long, and they just had a safety taken away in an ambulance.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Is something going on with Buffalo's conditioning team? Their secondary has been decimated all season long, and they just had a safety taken away in an ambulance.

They showed a replay of that safety (Taylor Rapp) moving his hands and clenching his fists, which is usually a positive sign in these cases.  

7 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I agree with the second sentence...I'm pretty sure the rules of a safety are the opposite of a touchdown, right? If you're the ball carrier and any part of the ball is still inside the plane of the endzone, it's a safety; the entire ball needs to be outside the endzone.

Browns ended up scoring a touchdown on the ensuing drive set up by the good field position...I dunno, maybe it was a strategic gamble. I don't see the DTR-Browns doing the safety/touchdown double dip.

They're actually the same if you think of it as the perspective of the ball. If any part of the ball is in the end zone, then the ball is in the end zone. If you are going in, you need to break the plane to be in the end zone. If you are going out, if the ball breaks the plane, you aren't out.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

I might just be done with the Jets unless something majorly drastic happens. At least I know I'm done doing anything this season besides getting the game start and game end notifications. I was even able to get some fun out of recent seasons but it's just not enjoyable anymore.

The organization appears to not be able to do anything correctly, the online fanbase is becoming increasingly more and more miserable to interact with and I am not even from NYC/State so there's not even a connection there.

I guess I'm still a Jets "fan" until I'm not but I am getting less and less invested each day.

IbjBaeE.png

6 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Yeah.. Saleh's days as Jets coach are numbered. Need to draft a lot of players on offense in April 2024.

personally I think the significantly larger issue is the fact that they willingly hired something called a Nathaniel Hackett as their offensive coordinator but that might just be me.

but who cares? 8-2 Lions, 7-3 Jags, 7-3 and Watson-less Browns. if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go down as many of the glass bottles of hopium I have stashed in my fridge as I can before the Chiefs roll up with a baseball bat.

53Ocz8U.png

8-2 Lions is pretty neat but it's also ridiculous that they're going to play again this Thursday. Why would you not want all your Thanksgiving teams to come off byes together? Don't you want everyone as rested as possible for your league's day on the calendar, or at least not playing two games in five days? Everyone has to have a bye week; what does it cost you to have theirs be before the Thanksgiving games?

EDIT: Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again, 49ers-Seahawks is a wet fart of a late game, real missed opportunity not making the third game belong to Kansas City. 

• Huh? 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 11/7/2023 at 9:27 PM, the admiral said:

The schedule is based on a formula, yes, and cross-division games rotate between home and away, but when it comes down to whether those matching-place games are at home or away, the league decides that, and that's how you wind up with x-place Kansas City hosting x-place Buffalo every time. There should be more of an effort to make sure that doesn't happen. I think the same thing used to happen with Favre's Packers always having to play the Cowboys in Dallas.

Or why it's not unusual to meet Packers fans who hate the Cowboys almost as much as Eagles fans do

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

10 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

personally I think the significantly larger issue is the fact that they willingly hired something called a Nathaniel Hackett as their offensive coordinator but that might just be me.

Even more importantly, they still have no o-line. A Rodgers comeback could just as easily end after one snap.

21 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I agree with the second sentence...I'm pretty sure the rules of a safety are the opposite of a touchdown, right? If you're the ball carrier and any part of the ball is still inside the plane of the endzone, it's a safety; the entire ball needs to be outside the endzone.

Browns ended up scoring a touchdown on the ensuing drive set up by the good field position...I dunno, maybe it was a strategic gamble. I don't see the DTR-Browns doing the safety/touchdown double dip.

Stefanski tried to challenge it and the refs either ignored the red flag or didn't see it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 11/17/2023 at 1:57 PM, infrared41 said:

If you were truly innocent, would you settle multiple lawsuits that are going to ruin your reputation and leave everyone thinking you're some sort of pervert just so you could go back to work?

If you make hundreds of millions of dollars at work, yes.

On 11/18/2023 at 4:08 AM, dont care said:

Being found not guilty isn’t the same as innocence, and never has been. Being found not guilty means that the prosecution couldn’t make a case to find the defendant guilty “beyond reasonable doubt” which is a much higher threshold to prove rather than civil cases that just need a “likely” level of proof to win a case

On 11/18/2023 at 2:06 AM, Kevin W. said:

If you are not guilty, that means that the prosecution wasn't able to prove its case against you to a jury. That doesn't mean that you're innocent.

Let me make it as simple as possible: 

Guilty = Guilty

Anything else = Innocent

What about the phrase " innocent until proven guilty" do you not understand?

You literally need to ask yourself one question. Was he proven guilty? If not - as per the beginning of the phrase - he is innocent.

• Huh? 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

12 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

If you make hundreds of millions of dollars at work, yes.

Let me make it as simple as possible: 

Guilty = Guilty

Anything else = Innocent

What about the phrase " innocent until proven guilty" do you not understand?

You literally need to ask yourself one question. Was he proven guilty? If not - as per the beginning of the phrase - he is innocent.

For one, innocent until proven guilty applies to the justice system, not to HR departments.

Second, there’s a reason people are declared “not guilty” rather than innocent.

Innocent = person did not commit the crime

Not Guilty = could not be proven without a reasonable doubt that they did commit the crime

Those are not the same thing.

• Like 5

IUe6Hvh.png

Being found no guilty does not and never has meant innocent. It just means guilt was not found based on the evidence provided. You have absolutely no knowledge of case law, and how there are plenty of people that get found “not guilty” not because they didn’t do the crime but based on having a legal team find every loophole to get the verdict they want, or an inept prosecution. The OJ Simpson trial being a perfect example of this.

• Like 3