Chelsea, Real Madrid, AC Milan and other clubs 09/10 Football shirts - Leaked

roxfan00

Haven't posted for a [long] while! Thought this was as good a place as any to make a comeback!

Though I agree with the comments that the new England kit could do with navy shorts, I do think having seen England play in it today, this kit is an instant classic. (Personally I wouldn't be surprised, given FIFA regulations, if the navy shorts get used almost as much as the white ones though!)

Personally I am hoping its the start of an uncluttered and classic look trend!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This kit looks awesome. It's definitely loads better then the fake that was floated around earlier. I wonder if the US will be looking at something similar to this for the Confederations Cup.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I could be way wrong, but doesn't FIFA mandate front numbers, as well as numbers on the shorts for internationals?

They mentioned during the broadcast that the FA asked FIFA permission to not display the numbers on the front of the shirt and on the shorts. Based on that, I would think that FIFA generally does mandate this type of thing.

Juventus.png

I could be way wrong, but doesn't FIFA mandate front numbers, as well as numbers on the shorts for internationals?

They mentioned during the broadcast that the FA asked FIFA permission to not display the numbers on the front of the shirt and on the shorts. Based on that, I would think that FIFA generally does mandate this type of thing.

FIFA does mandate numbers on the front and names, but only in competition matches. As this was a friendly, they weren't needed. Also if you look at the Umbro literature on the new kit, they have tried to keep any elaboration to a minimum, so for instance the badge and logo on the shorts are both 'tonal'. (White on white basically!) The only visible logos on the shirt are the crest and umbro logo on the front of the jersey.

The numbering incidentally is very reminiscent of the 1966 World Cup winners numbering.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Just one other thing on the England kit, I would have liked to see the away kit changed in line woth the home shirt at the same time. For at least a year now England are going to have a great, classic, home kit, and an awful modernist away kit.

I would imagine that umbro have a red version of the new kit, or something very similar, at some position in the pipeline. I can't see why they couldn't have introduced the two at the same time, this once.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Something pretty funny I've just noticed about the England shirt is the star above the badge. After years where fans campaign to get a star similar to the likes of Brazil and Germany's, it's strange that they've made it an almost invisibe feature of the new shirt. I can see that Umbro have made everything very basic and minimal, but when they've not bothered to do the same with their diamond logo, seems a little pointless.

Just heard a caller into BBC's 606 phone-in show (via podcast) complain about predordering what amounts to a white t-shirt. "I could buy three of these at the store for a quid."

I have little sympathy for people with this type of complaint. If your preordering a shirt sight unseen, then you cannot possibly be buying the shirt for its aesthetic qualities. What you are buying essentially is loyalty to the England football brand. (Or whatever team it is). its the badge and to wear what the players are wearing that you are spending your money on.

Also the presenter of 606 was one of the play by play guys of radio 5, a very outspoken guy called Allen Green. (Simple rule with Green- If you agree with him you are wrong!) He was virtually apoplectic about how bad the new shirt is. (When actually its as good as anything that England have worn since the shirt they wore at the Italia 90 World Cup). So I think he may have been winding up some of the listeners somewhat. (For those who have never experienced Allen Green presenting 606, the closest thing I can think of is to imagine a Rush Limbaugh show just about football.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Just heard a caller into BBC's 606 phone-in show (via podcast) complain about predordering what amounts to a white t-shirt. "I could buy three of these at the store for a quid."

I have little sympathy for people with this type of complaint. If your preordering a shirt sight unseen, then you cannot possibly be buying the shirt for its aesthetic qualities. What you are buying essentially is loyalty to the England football brand. (Or whatever team it is). its the badge and to wear what the players are wearing that you are spending your money on.

Also the presenter of 606 was one of the play by play guys of radio 5, a very outspoken guy called Allen Green. (Simple rule with Green- If you agree with him you are wrong!) He was virtually apoplectic about how bad the new shirt is. (When actually its as good as anything that England have worn since the shirt they wore at the Italia 90 World Cup). So I think he may have been winding up some of the listeners somewhat. (For those who have never experienced Allen Green presenting 606, the closest thing I can think of is to imagine a Rush Limbaugh show just about football.

Agreed on all accounts Saintsfan. And like Mockba, I welcome you back.

Just one other thing on the England kit, I would have liked to see the away kit changed in line woth the home shirt at the same time. For at least a year now England are going to have a great, classic, home kit, and an awful modernist away kit.

I would imagine that umbro have a red version of the new kit, or something very similar, at some position in the pipeline. I can't see why they couldn't have introduced the two at the same time, this once.

I'd like to see them update the 1998 away shirt. It'd be cool to see what it'd look like.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

FIFA does mandate numbers on the front and names, but only in competition matches. As this was a friendly, they weren't needed. Also if you look at the Umbro literature on the new kit, they have tried to keep any elaboration to a minimum, so for instance the badge and logo on the shorts are both 'tonal'. (White on white basically!) The only visible logos on the shirt are the crest and umbro logo on the front of the jersey.

The numbering incidentally is very reminiscent of the 1966 World Cup winners numbering.

Umbro put some more photos on its Flickr photostream:

3392148745_e778ef4fa2.jpg

3397092254_08054728b6.jpg

Check out the buttons:

3397100058_4259a66da7.jpg

Archived