Atlanta Falcons to wear throwbacks in 2009

TFoA

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy cow!! This doesn't look as much like a throwback, more like a modern update for a regular uniform. I mean, seriously, how could even a modern uni lover complain about this look. Thin down the white stripes on the helmet, add a black facemask, and go with it... it is perfect.

Gallery from the official site.

Most important thing is that they got it right. Plus, this is a sweet splash page.

It looks good. If you changed the facemask (pardon my irrational hatred of grey facemasks :P), this uniform could really work in this day and age. Compared to some of the more traditional looking teams in the NFL, this really doesn't look THAT much out of place.

Holy cow!! This doesn't look as much like a throwback, more like a modern update for a regular uniform. I mean, seriously, how could even a modern uni lover complain about this look. Thin down the white stripes on the helmet, add a black facemask, and go with it... it is perfect.

Love the red helmets. Brings back childhood Superdome memories of watching the Saints and Falcons play those meaningless rivalry games in the 70's and early 80's.

Dirty Curty

Agree with you. Red jersies would be the icing on the cake, but this is still a good look. Hope they keep it.

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

I completely agree with this. Don't forgot to get rid of the small gold stripes too, otherwise these are perfect. They look much better on the modern jerseys, on the old ones the design was too simple and there was a lot of empty space since the sleeves were bigger.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm well aware that this is a matter of opinion but with a few modernizing tweaks like others have suggested, these would look ten times better than what they wear now.

slideshow_1222124_1.jpgMattRyan2a.jpg

And for whoever it is that likes to generalize about how most on this board are conservative dinosaurs who hate anything modern blah blah blah, um no, the old ones just look better.

IMHO of course. B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

And for whoever it is that likes to generalize about how most on this board are conservative dinosaurs who hate anything modern blah blah blah, um no, the old ones just look better.

IMHO of course. B)

:D

I'm not going to say the old ones look better, but it helps that they weren't originally designed specifically for the old template, so they don't have try and cram obsolete things like sleeve stripes onto the modern template. I'm not sure I'd go as far as someone else did to say that they were "ahead of their time", but this throwback definitely transcends era better than most.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's hard to tell who's ripping off/inspiring whom:

Breakout.png

slideshow_1222124_1.jpg

Helmet and pant striping aside, it's basically the same damn thing.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Breakout.png

slideshow_1222124_1.jpg

Georgia's not only copying the Falcons' old duds, they're also ripping off the Green Bay Packers. Two for one!

6uXNWAo.png

the falcons are a team in DESPERATE need of their old look. these throwbacks are nearly perfect (would have liked some sleeve stripes, even though i know they would be barely visibly on modern jerseys). the nfc has really, really bad looking teams. arizona, minnesota and atlanta all look terrible in that ncaa-like template. i would love to see the vikes and falcons go to full time throwbacks and get someone to finally get arizona a good redesign.

sig2024.png

These are great.

I don't mind the Falcons current uniforms, but when compared to these they just look completely over-styled. If you put the current logo (a huge upgrade IMO) on these throwbacks, change the facemask to white or black as others have said, that would be one sharp uni.

Breakout.png

slideshow_1222124_1.jpg

Georgia's not only copying the Falcons' old duds, they're also ripping off the Green Bay Packers. Two for one!

Well, in point of fact, they actually have an agreement with the Packers to use the "G".

Archived